the Rift

A Bittersweet Goodbye [Kri, open]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the Resolute</style>
    My friends, I am only flesh and bone, but I won't let you die alone.</style>

"I keep no prisoners here," my voice says strongly in response to Ophelia's mention of who I assumed meant Olema and Surema. Had I not struck a bargain with the pain and told them they could leave freely at any point? In truth, they had remained around the Throat quite often, but this did not make them prisoners. After all, they freely left the borders at any point they wished. Still, my eyes look with concern at Ophelia's saddened face. She was serious, thought the twins to be a threat to her livelihood. I did not agree.

More than fear for these twins, however, I held intrigue. I mainly captured them because I found interest in their strength and perseverance. More than any foals should have, the sisters appeared to have a resilience to tragedy and pain that rivaled my own. This new found gift, which was causing Ophelia to leave, was news to me. That did not stop the momentary feeling of something creeping beneath my skin as I thought of them stealing your being, but more than anything, I saw this as a good thing. These twins were not my enemies, but my reluctant allies. I would not be subject to their torment, though it seems Ophelia had.

However, I cannot help but feel as though a knife was being shoved in my back at her words. Even if I knew her cause for leaving, she was still tearing the seams of the family I had extended to her and her own. Had I not done my best to keep her safe? Had I not saved her from a murderous Jaydan when she called for my aid? What, then, need I do to prove that I am capable of protecting those who feel threatened? I snort, exasperated at her long winded speech as it comes to a close.

"If you think yourself safer in the world where Olema and Surema are free to walk, then I urge you to leave," my voice is honest and serious, but laced with irritation and disapproval. Ungrateful, both she and her turncoat of a sister who defaulted to her father's side the second we felt contention. What must I do to prove my strength? My loyalty? Was I nothing more than a laughable joke to those I pledged my life to? Was I but hot air filling my lungs and leaving in empty words and promises? It certainly felt this way. "I cannot protect you from them if you give me no opportunity. Your lack of faith in my own abilities cuts deeper than any mortal injury."

"It is best you leave, as I am not a fit guardian in your eyes."
""

Messages In This Thread
A Bittersweet Goodbye [Kri, open] - by Ophelia - 10-06-2012, 12:58 PM
RE: A Bittersweet Goodbye [Kri, open] - by Kri - 10-07-2012, 01:01 PM