the Rift

[PRIVATE] how can I keep from singing?

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
One tulip-shaped ear rotates when the stallion clears his throat, the mare’s head soon following as it rises from the bubbling stream, beads of clear water dripping from her lips. Her eyes meet his just as he greets her, their pale depths glittering beneath the light of the stars, ever eager and ever delighted to meet someone new. “Hello!” Tiamat welcomes him with a pleasant enthusiasm, her own soprano voice much higher than the stallion’s, dancing lightly along the warm summer breeze. “I’m Tiamat, is there something I can help you with?” Her kindly smile lingers on her lips as the ocean mare shifts her position, angling her body so that she faces the dappled stallion directly.

There is something familiar about him, something she can’t quite pinpoint just yet—the memories come slowly to her, tiptoeing at the very fringes of her consciousness, just tantalizingly out of reach. Tiamat presses her lips together, her blue brow knitting together in the short moment it takes for her to piece the puzzle together. “Do I know—” she begins to question him, because perhaps he would be able to give an answer (if he is feeling the same way at all), but recognition suddenly comes to her in a wave of clarity.

“You—” The mare’s voice is a breath of jubilation, doe-eyes widening and her smile broadening in her excitement (she has never been one to “reign it in” very well, and it is evident now as every fiber of her body seems to tingle eagerly beneath her skin). “Yes! You’re one of the stallions that protected Enna!” Of course! How could she not have known right away? She can see it now…she remembers her Lord standing near, and another—a dappled stranger—who had also taken it upon himself to protect the unconscious Time Mender.

With the length of her leonine tail arcing and swaying happily behind her, Tiamat steps closer to the stallion, continuing in a rush of words “The last battle with the Earth God, one of my friends fell unconscious, and you stood to guard her,” she does not know if he needs an explanation, or if he remembers the incident at all (so many things have happened lately, so many battles), or if he already knows who Enna is—in any case, Tiamat just wants him to recognize what he had so graciously done.

Warmth suddenly swells within the ocean mare’s chest, spreading throughout her bones and illuminating her expression. She is so, so very grateful for what he had done, it doesn’t seem right to overbear her appreciation with flowery words of gratitude. “Thank you,” she says simply, fervently, from the very confidence of her heart. Her white eyes seek his silver gaze, hoping to convey the depth of her appreciation, hoping that he will understand. “Thank you so much.” Tiamat reaches out to him, offering a silken muzzle to his cheek. Normally she would embrace him, so strong is her gratitude and intimate is her heart, but she manages to refrain—they’ve only just met officially, after all. She doesn’t want to scare him off.

“Speech.”
image credits | @Ciceron
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
how can I keep from singing? - by Tiamat - 11-04-2015, 01:39 AM
RE: how can I keep from singing? - by Ciceron - 11-04-2015, 11:21 PM
RE: how can I keep from singing? - by Tiamat - 11-05-2015, 07:43 PM
RE: how can I keep from singing? - by Ciceron - 11-06-2015, 11:53 PM
RE: how can I keep from singing? - by Tiamat - 11-13-2015, 07:47 PM
RE: how can I keep from singing? - by Ciceron - 11-19-2015, 12:06 AM
RE: how can I keep from singing? - by Tiamat - 11-20-2015, 07:18 PM