the Rift

[PRIVATE] how can I keep from singing?

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
“I’m sure you would,” the ocean mare smiles softly, tenderly, sure that this stallion’s heart is as unadulterated and generous as the gallant knight she remembers at the Earth God’s battle—readily defending any damsel or poor person in need. It makes her heart burn with a warm glow to meet such a respectable character, overwhelmed by his goodness, and proud to know that the world’s dark shadows have not smothered his light (of course, Tiamat is naïve from many of life’s cruelties, sheltered in her own innocence, and cannot fathom what hardships this gentleman might have been forced to face). She only sees his grace now, in this moment, and assumes the best.

Suddenly, there is movement through the illuminated darkness, a white streak of a predatory animal leaping towards the dappled stallion. “Oh my goodness—Ciceron—!” The ocean mare gasps in horror, trying to warn him, her heart leaping into her throat as her body moves forward. However, just as she takes a step to try and help him, the striped animal—a tiger, she now realizes—perches on the stallion’s back.

The blue mare’s muscles grow tense as she stops her advancement, her brow knitting together in a moment of confusion. “Are you alright?” There is still a sense of urgent concern that lingers in her voice, not understanding the situation yet—but when Ciceron turns to the animal, seeming to give her some sort of glance, the tension in Tiamat’s chest slowly begins to release. Finally, she realizes that there is no danger here. “Oh,” she nearly laughs at herself, nodding when the gray stallion explains and introduces the tiger as Kiara, “Hello, Kiara! I’m Tiamat.” She offers a bright smile to the animal, hoping that no offense was taken at her reaction.

“You’re companions?” White eyes flicker between the two, fluted ears pressing forward in her curiosity. Tiamat does not know an extensive amount about the bond, not having experienced it herself, but she recognizes it as a beautiful and reverent thing. She has never seen a companion like Kiara before—but it would seem that there isn’t a limit on what species can be bonded.

Exhaling quietly when Ciceron continues, she offers a warm, assenting smile. “That’s not a bad idea, I like to see the wonders of Helovia myself. Never know when someone might need some help.” Tiamat winks playfully, white eyes glistening beneath her sister stars, the delicate lines of her face thrown into contrast by the faint light of dusk. “I’m kind of on my way home—I’m from the Basin. Taking the scenic route, I suppose,” the ocean mare laughs airily, the shells in her hair chiming to compliment the sweet sound. Her heart lies in the mountains, but she is in no hurry to rush her way. “Where are you from, Ciceron?” She peers up at him curiously, leonine tail swaying gently behind her.

“Speech.”
@Ciceron | image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
how can I keep from singing? - by Tiamat - 11-04-2015, 01:39 AM
RE: how can I keep from singing? - by Ciceron - 11-04-2015, 11:21 PM
RE: how can I keep from singing? - by Tiamat - 11-05-2015, 07:43 PM
RE: how can I keep from singing? - by Ciceron - 11-06-2015, 11:53 PM
RE: how can I keep from singing? - by Tiamat - 11-13-2015, 07:47 PM
RE: how can I keep from singing? - by Ciceron - 11-19-2015, 12:06 AM
RE: how can I keep from singing? - by Tiamat - 11-20-2015, 07:18 PM