the Rift

[PRIVATE] I wandered home saying your name

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark

REXANNA
Four times is once too much for luck
My face still hurt, but with each day and hour it seemed to get better. Not noticeably, but enough to where it seemed like there was hope that my face wouldn’t be permanently purple. And with that, I was happy but also pained. After the whole issue with that gray mare and Tembovu, I nearly wished I was scarred beyond recognition. But the Rift Gods couldn’t even answer my wishes with that. I sunk down into myself briefly before I saw slight movement and words. How did he get so close so quickly without me noticing? Who was – Rohan! A pleasant surprise, I lifted my head, shifting my neck slightly to gaze upon the other golden stag. The one whom I hadn’t seen since my first visit to the Rotunda. “Rohan, my friend.” I offered him a gentle smile. One that quickly faded as he said I had seen better days.

Stretching my legs out slightly, I decided against standing seeing as the pressure would throb my bruising even more. Way past the uncomfort I felt at the moment. I only nodded to him. “I believe we all have.” I said gently, noticing he carried the same salty windswept scent on his coat that Tembovu had. And then I began to wonder if that particular scent of his – something I had gotten so used to now, was really a scent of the Edge and not so much of the large mammoth I loved. Pushing the thought aside, blue eyes numbly watched the striped creature lower his head to mine. And he spoke again. I couldn’t help but to smile at him. He seemed to know what to say to keep my mind off of things just enough. I only nodded lightly, lifting my head to greet him – hoping to bump my velveteen nose into his own.

Then, I pulled my head back in and stood. Shaking off the yellowing blades of grass from my pelt before turning my attention to him. “Thank you. Alas, the blood isn’t mine.” I said gently, my voice carrying a slight amount of humor in the beginning only to fade out with the thought of just who’s blood it was. A small shiver rippled down my pelt and my tail whipped around my ankles in a slight annoyance before I looked over the tree lines of the Fields before turning my attention on him once more. “How have you been, Rohan? It’s been ages. You don’t smell so – outcasty anymore.” I smiled to him, humor creeping into my words again. Poking fun at the last time I saw him where he held the ideas that he didn’t want to belong to a herd. What had changed?

IMAGE CREDITS || Table by Tamme!

@Rohan
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
I wandered home saying your name - by Rexanna - 11-04-2015, 01:40 AM
RE: I wandered home saying your name - by Rohan - 11-05-2015, 07:26 PM
RE: I wandered home saying your name - by Rexanna - 11-11-2015, 10:32 PM
RE: I wandered home saying your name - by Rohan - 11-17-2015, 04:20 PM
RE: I wandered home saying your name - by Rexanna - 11-18-2015, 03:30 AM
RE: I wandered home saying your name - by Rohan - 12-11-2015, 05:02 AM
RE: I wandered home saying your name - by Rexanna - 12-16-2015, 10:46 PM
RE: I wandered home saying your name - by Rohan - 01-13-2016, 02:02 AM
RE: I wandered home saying your name - by Rexanna - 01-15-2016, 01:19 AM