the Rift

[PRIVATE] I wandered home saying your name

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark

REXANNA
Four times is once too much for luck
Had the circumstances been different, I probably would have laughed at the comment from the striped stag. Instead, my ear just flickered backward briefly. I just smiled to him before shaking my head. “Not exactly. Just a partaking in the recent Rift fight. There was blood everywhere.” I paused, shaking my head from the remembrance of the bloodshed and massacre that seemed to fall on that day. Instead, my eyes drifted from him briefly. “It came from saying goodbye to a good friend, one who got wounded by the giant feline.” My voice grew quiet for a few moments until he spoke again, commenting on the fact that he was no longer an outcast. I nodded to him, happy to see that he found a home that could put his talents to good use.

Blue eyes gently swept back to him, listening intently as he spoke of his love for the outside world – unattached to anything in any way. I couldn’t help but to nod, but I didn’t understand. Perhaps all my years of running away from something I never got to truly enjoy being alone and being only accountable for myself and my own actions. Actions of which I might not be proud of anymore – but actions that I still yearned for. Shaking the thought from my head, I was pulled back to his conversation as he said the world’s edge. He had become a warrior, and I knew that he would be quite wonderful at that position. He had the mass, body type, and heart for such a position. I began to wonder if my heart was in the right spot for my own position.

Ah, the Edge. I’ve heard great things about it.” I said softly, offering him a small smile. Unwilling – or possibly unable – to admit to falling hopelessly in love with the beast that lived and served there. The same beast that had chastised me for not going to the Edge with him when I had a chance. When I could make things different. I didn’t know that then, but I was still regretting the idea that I had caused the divide between us because I wasn’t there. Would things have been different? Or would I just be faced with seeing the gray mare carry the child in my own herd?

Pushing that idea to the side, he took my mind away again with the gentle vibrations of his voice. Eyes flickered to him again as he asked what I had been up to. I just shrugged lightly, shifting my weight and tossing my tail lightly. The movement causing my dual toned tail to rest lightly against one of my legs as I pondered on just how to reply to him. I didn’t want to give in to telling him about Tembovu – or caleb for that matter – so instead I just offered him a small smile. “Serving my land as best I can. My position isn’t exactly the most relaxed position to have.” Humor spilled from my words in a small cheeky kind of way. “Aside from that, just doing my best to survive with all of the fighting that has been going on. I got a bit of that lung disease from the Labyrinth. That was absolutely horrible. But a kind creature from the Falls I think healed me. The person I was with seemed to know him, but didn’t tell me where he was from.” I shook my head slightly, but smiled nonetheless. “It’s been quite the adventure, that’s for sure. Those fights just change you, whether or not you want it to.” I admitted to him, turning my gaze away from him yet again and watched gently along the horizon as a flock of birds took off in the distance.

IMAGE CREDITS || Table by Tamme!

@Rohan
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
I wandered home saying your name - by Rexanna - 11-04-2015, 01:40 AM
RE: I wandered home saying your name - by Rohan - 11-05-2015, 07:26 PM
RE: I wandered home saying your name - by Rexanna - 11-11-2015, 10:32 PM
RE: I wandered home saying your name - by Rohan - 11-17-2015, 04:20 PM
RE: I wandered home saying your name - by Rexanna - 11-18-2015, 03:30 AM
RE: I wandered home saying your name - by Rohan - 12-11-2015, 05:02 AM
RE: I wandered home saying your name - by Rexanna - 12-16-2015, 10:46 PM
RE: I wandered home saying your name - by Rohan - 01-13-2016, 02:02 AM
RE: I wandered home saying your name - by Rexanna - 01-15-2016, 01:19 AM