the Rift

[OPEN] You Swim, I'll Wade [herb gathering]

Agnodice Posts: 70
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2hh :: 8
Herophilos :: Plain Black Dragon :: Toxic Breath prissy

"Excuse me...I don't mean to intrude, but I don't think I've seen anyone collect Cotton Bush before. May I ask why?"

The duchess almost jumped out of her skin at the voice. Enthralled with her poison, she had not noticed the webbed mare approach. She breathed a soft sigh of relief when she saw the stranger did not seem hostile, in fact, she seemed merely curious about her own actions, about her cotton bush. Agnodice smiled at the mare towering above her, shaking her head slightly.

"I grabbed it so no one else would,"  Agnodice stated softly, eyes flicking back to the spot she had found it in. "Of course, it will grow back, but if I can prevent someone else from taking it for now, then that's something I'm pleased to do," The mare replied, perhaps a bit sullenly. Her aim was to heal, the fact that this deadly plant would do nothing but flourish no matter how many times she uprooted it. Despite being a bit out of touch with reality, the mare was genuinely interested in saving lives.

Her gaze flicked back to her new acquaintance, listening to the webbed mare introduce herself. Agnodice's eyes slipped over her strong build, her jewelry and mysterious markings. Even her eyes, a passionate crimson, reflected the mare's enigmatic aura. Her gaze slipped to the mare's striped companion, a strange deer-like thing the doctor had never seen before.

Agnodice nodded her head in respect to each of them, curvaceous ears pricked forward. She rose from her resting place, leaving her poison on the ground near her dainty ebony hooves. "I'm Agnodice of the Hidden Falls. I'm also a healer. Though where I live, we're called Caretakers,"  She smiled, moving past the fellow healer to continue her herb gathering. "I'm gathering herbs, care to join me?"  She asked, looking over her shoulder at the webbed mare behind her.

The duchess stepped toward a willow tree near the water, eyeing it's bark. She recalled it being a useful remedy, but she did not immediately grab at the bark. A glinting in the sunlight caught her eye instead. She turned her attention to that, picking her head up and extending her floaty stride. Tucked behind a bush lay a medium sized glass basket, complete with a lid and handle. Agnodice peered at the object with interest, noting the dirt surrounding it and the foliage that had begun to grow around it. Whoever had left it here hadn't left it recently. Nor did it seem they would be back for it anytime soon. No matter, Agnodice would take care of it for them!

The mare picked the basket up, bringing it back to where she had placed the cotton bush. She gingerly nosed off as much of the dirt she could before opening it's lids, and placing a chunk of grass on a corner of the basket. She placed the cotton bush on top of the grass, then more grass on that. "There we go,"  She murmured with a small smile. She gleamed proudly, triumphantly at her new found treasure before prancing back to the willow tree to strip it of it's bark.

so sorry for the wait! after I found out I'd be getting her an item I figured I'd have her find it here so this took me a while ^^; @Morrigan

Image Credits
[Image: 5694548be0939]
You’d stick the world into your bedside lane
It’s boredom makes you callous to all pain

Messages In This Thread
RE: You Swim, I'll Wade [herb gathering] - by Agnodice - 12-02-2015, 05:24 PM