the Rift

[PRIVATE] laying with dogs [moon god-SWP]

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu

The trip from the Falls to the Veins was long but that was mostly because Ktulu did not want to stand face to face with the goddess that murdered her son and so many countless others. She did not want to hear the woman try to justify her actions like so many others who were wrong did. She did not want to hear her try to explain again how it was necessary for her to murder. She was the Goddess of the Moon, not an angel of death as she apparently liked to think of herself as. But Ktulu was a mere mortal, since when did her thoughts or opinions matter to anyone besides herself and the bear that had bound itself to her soul?

There was only one reason worth making the trip and that was to have her magic reinstated. "Consequences." She thought bitterly as she remembered trying to choke her brother after the Goddess' battle and realizing that her actions had resulted in her magic being taken from her. She found it awful funny how the Goddess could dish out consequences to those who attacked her, but couldn't handle the attacks as the consequences of her own murderous actions. The dark mare snorted as she crested the path and set eyes on the dilapidated shrines and she'd never been more tempted to try to finish destroying every one of them.

'Just be good.' Eytan pleaded as the pair came to a standstill in front of the Goddess' shrine. 'Just listen to her and get your magic back. Then we can go. Lets just get this over with.' Ktulu's ears twitched, the only indication that she was even listening to the grizzly as he plead with her, but she could agree with only one thing. Lets just get this over with.

"."

Image Credit

Icon by Tay

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

"Took you long enough."

The goddess' words purred out of thin air, wispy and airy - quickly to be followed by her svelte lilac form. "I would have thought you would have been one of the first ones to visit."

Fully materialized now, the Goddess appraised both Ktulu and Eytan with impassive icy stares. She assumed that this was going to be a rather ... interesting conversation, for she knew that apologies did not easily come to the mare. That, and the little issue of her son having died. And then there was Archibald, the lumbering giant behind her. The Goddess cared far less for his tone - and was even more loathed to speak with him based on the injuries she had sustained. She was no mere mortal. And the both of them - hiding in her brothers lands - could not protect them, if she so decided to retaliate. And yet...Raising her chin, the Goddess decided to take the high road.

After all, she wasn't the one with anything to lose.

"Hototo died as he lived - concern for others. It was never my intention for him to be a part of this. For that, I am sorry." And she was. The sincerity in her voice broke through her usual hardened and careless tones. For the moment she ignored Archibald, her gaze and intention focused upon Ktulu. It could easily have been her son, her Mesec, who perished, had he half the desire to protect that Hototo did. In that, her empathy grew.

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
ARCHIBALD the DAUNTLESS
Cause You gotta be bigger, be faster, be stronger
If you're gonna survive any longer

Archibald had not meant to run into Ktulu here, and honestly, he was surprised when her dark, familiar figure shifted before him. Sighing, he and Loretta moved up the path to meet Ktulu before the Moon Goddess' shrine. Golden eyes, usually so cold and hard, were dull and pale. The hurt in his heart made his whole body damn-near ache, and Loretta wanted to whine at his side. For all of the anger Archibald felt towards this Goddess of Death, right in this moment all he could feel was the pain she had caused within his heart.

But he had to speak with her, to have answers for himself and, more importantly, Macaria. It would only be a matter of time before the young, innocent filly started asked about how and why her mother was gone. Archibald was no where near ready to answer those questions for her, because it hurt too much and, in all reality, Archibald did not know the deity's reasoning. "Let's find out why she did this." Archibald mumbled, turning his head to touch Ktulu's shoulder with his pale muzzle.

Although the Czar did not expect the Champion to be standing here, seeking some answers, he wa glad she was at his side. While he had the strength to face the Goddess on his own, did she? A parent's heartbreak was something Archibald knew well, and as much as he loved Circe, nothing hurt as much as the death of his precious Callisto. The Dauntless sighed once more, body resolving and squaring. Golden eyes hardened and narrowed some. At his side, Loretta lowered herself to sit on coiled haunches, though her maw was closed tightly. Rage burned within her chest at the thought of the lavender god appearing before them, and it would take all of her strength and Archibald's mental connection to keep her calm.

As he stood, a sentinel of strength, a voice spoke from nowhere before the Goddess appeared. Loretta stifled a growl, and Archibald's chest muscles tightened. "And the others?" He simply asked, voice flat and deep.

[Permission from ali to post here]

Image Credits

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu

"If I had come right after the battle I would have attacked you again and I would not have stopped until you murdered me, too." Ktulu replied as the goddess said that she thought she would have been one of the first to come. "Obviously you don't know me as well as you like to think." She thought sourly. A mental prod from Eytan and Archibald's muzzle against her shoulder was enough to quell the anger and resentment that had begun to build the moment she heard the goddess' voice.

"Hototo died as he lived - concern for others. It was never my intention for him to be a part of this. For that, I am sorry."

That was rich. The Goddess apologizing.

"I appreciate your apology." Ktulu murmured even though she really wanted to tell the goddess that her apology would not give back what she had taken from her. Her apology wouldn't allow her to look upon her son's face, see the happiness in his eyes, or the crooked grin when he was joking. An apology wouldn't allow her too hold him and tell him how much she loved him or how proud she was of him for everything he'd accomplished in his short life. And an apology wouldn't let her tell him goodbye.

'You say it now.' Eytan urged from his place at her side. 'Apologize for attacking her.' The bear was surprised that the meeting was going seemingly well and was nervous that it would spiral down if his bonded didn't apologize for her transgressions against the goddess. "I apologize." She finally said. "For attacking you." But was she truly sorry? She had felt that her motive and actions were justified, that it was the consequence of murdering her child, but it seemed as though the gods were above consequence unlike everyone else that they kept firmly underhoof.

The sound of Archibald's voice made her turn her head toward him and she watched him as he asked of the others, but she could read it in his eyes and in every line of his body. Why did you take Circe from me? From her children? Why not me, instead? That was something that Ktulu had wondered often. Why not her. She'd already lived her life, had children, conquered herds, made friends and enemies, fell in love. Her child had not had the chance to do that and Circe would not be able to watch as her children did so.

Why? Why? Why?

But Ktulu didn't even know if she wanted to know why because it would only be the goddess' justification of why she had done what she'd done. Honestly, she felt that she was lucky to get an I'm sorry from the woman and she was prepared to leave, but she wouldn't leave Archibald standing alone with a being who seemed to value mortal lives so little. He had been her strength for far too long and it was time for her to return the favor. So she stood beside her friend and watched the Goddess and waited for her to answer Archibald's question.

"Why?"

"."

Image Credit

@Mythical Request

Icon by Tay

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

[YAY MYTHICAL REQUEST :D]

The Goddess' gaze shifted towards Archibald as he spoke. "The others were ... needed." She replied vaguely. Just as the child Mirabella did not understand why her mother had been taken, so too she knew that the dark giant would not. He was not stupid, but nor was his understanding of the world large enough for him to understand the answers to the questions he asked. Why Circe and not you? Because it wouldn't have worked any other way. "That might not be a consolation to you. But it is the answer to your question. Hototo was an accident. The others ... were not. They died fulfilling a purpose larger than you can understand. They were not random. This was not senseless."

The Goddess' apology was not meant to serve as a cushion or consolation for the lost time, opportunities, and love that was now lost between Hototo and Ktulu. The Goddess knew that nothing could bridge that gap - not even the strongest magic from her more stout-brother. Hototo was gone, and the Goddess' apology was not meant to mend that. Only to acknowledge her sadness that it had even occurred at all.

The Goddess' shoulders shrugged away Ktulu's apology - she knew that it would not be beneficial to press the mare more. She had already lost so much, and the Goddess' power play was already a success. That they both apologized to each other at all, as Eytan noticed, was a marvel. But - ah. Such was the fickle heart of the Goddess. A blackened breeze gusted by Ktulu. It eased her physical ailments - whatever those may have been, from simple stress to fatigued muscles - as her magic was returned to her. The Goddess would not touch the grieving mind of the Mother - better that she bury her memories in a plot of her choosing.

"Your magic is restored Constrictor. And you-" The Goddess' bullet-proof gaze once again fell onto Archibald. "Have you anything to say?"

Ktulu's magic is restored! 

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
ARCHIBALD the DAUNTLESS
Cause You gotta be bigger, be faster, be stronger
If you're gonna survive any longer

The Dauntless was impassive, a mountain standing before the more dainty Goddess. He knew he could hurt her. Kill her, probably not. She could hurt him, too. But she was a fucking god and Archibald had knocked her around. The stallion's jaw hardened some at her words. Where the apology to Ktulu had been sincere, the lavender deity's explanation of her killing was the mirror-image of the stallion flicking a pesking fly off his back with his tail. Loretta bristled at his side, and like a tidal wave Archibald's mind had to silence her and keep her grounded. Without it, the malamute surely would have attacked and found her death. Like Manhattan. In all the power Archibald held, he would protect Loretta to the end of his days, and part of that duty was protecting her from herself, and her own rage. It could kill her just as easily as the Goddess could.

While Archibald might not have the same grasp of the metaphysical as the Goddess did, he did understand murder. Behind the numberless shadows in Helovia Archibald had felled many a foe, many an innocent. But he had been commanded to do so, and until his awakening, he had not truly understood the ramifications of his actions. Who had commanded the Goddess, but herself? These killings were the choices she made, that she orchestrated. Gaucho, a puppet, a mortal, was no different to this Goddess than Archibald was to Mandrake. A deep, burning rumble vibrated Archibald's chest before he spoke once more. "While I might not understand the whole purpose you speak of, I desire to know her role."

Archibald could not speak her name in this moment, but his head turned and he motioned to the tree in the distance. It stood as a vigil of her life and her beauty, a place his children and their children and their children would visit to know the importance of her existence and her love. The Earth God had made her a shrine that burned brightly, with blue leaves that shimmered like her body and eyes once had in her prime. But why was she chosen?

Image Credits

@Ktulu @Mythical Request

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me