the Rift

[PRIVATE] laying with dogs [moon god-SWP]

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu

"If I had come right after the battle I would have attacked you again and I would not have stopped until you murdered me, too." Ktulu replied as the goddess said that she thought she would have been one of the first to come. "Obviously you don't know me as well as you like to think." She thought sourly. A mental prod from Eytan and Archibald's muzzle against her shoulder was enough to quell the anger and resentment that had begun to build the moment she heard the goddess' voice.

"Hototo died as he lived - concern for others. It was never my intention for him to be a part of this. For that, I am sorry."

That was rich. The Goddess apologizing.

"I appreciate your apology." Ktulu murmured even though she really wanted to tell the goddess that her apology would not give back what she had taken from her. Her apology wouldn't allow her to look upon her son's face, see the happiness in his eyes, or the crooked grin when he was joking. An apology wouldn't allow her too hold him and tell him how much she loved him or how proud she was of him for everything he'd accomplished in his short life. And an apology wouldn't let her tell him goodbye.

'You say it now.' Eytan urged from his place at her side. 'Apologize for attacking her.' The bear was surprised that the meeting was going seemingly well and was nervous that it would spiral down if his bonded didn't apologize for her transgressions against the goddess. "I apologize." She finally said. "For attacking you." But was she truly sorry? She had felt that her motive and actions were justified, that it was the consequence of murdering her child, but it seemed as though the gods were above consequence unlike everyone else that they kept firmly underhoof.

The sound of Archibald's voice made her turn her head toward him and she watched him as he asked of the others, but she could read it in his eyes and in every line of his body. Why did you take Circe from me? From her children? Why not me, instead? That was something that Ktulu had wondered often. Why not her. She'd already lived her life, had children, conquered herds, made friends and enemies, fell in love. Her child had not had the chance to do that and Circe would not be able to watch as her children did so.

Why? Why? Why?

But Ktulu didn't even know if she wanted to know why because it would only be the goddess' justification of why she had done what she'd done. Honestly, she felt that she was lucky to get an I'm sorry from the woman and she was prepared to leave, but she wouldn't leave Archibald standing alone with a being who seemed to value mortal lives so little. He had been her strength for far too long and it was time for her to return the favor. So she stood beside her friend and watched the Goddess and waited for her to answer Archibald's question.

"Why?"

"."

Image Credit

@Mythical Request

Icon by Tay

Messages In This Thread
laying with dogs [moon god-SWP] - by Ktulu - 11-05-2015, 03:27 PM
RE: laying with dogs [moon god-SWP] - by Ktulu - 11-08-2015, 05:59 PM