Busted Compass [open]

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
E r t h ë
"And now I wish to God that The earth would turn cold
And my heart would forget it's made of glass"

The child smiled happily at anyone that payed her the slightest bit of attention. The radiance of the grin was perhaps a bit dulled by the dazed look of her eyes, though the emotion was as genuine as ever; she really was happy, and seeing both Rexanna and the big black blundering stallion who'd saved her in battle a few times made her want to laugh giddily - but she restrained herself, resorting to a weird, gurgling giggle as Nox showered the gold-chained lady in praise. It sounded a bit silly, but it was a nice thing to say!

As the stranger - Clay - began cooing about her poppies however, the smile faded from Erthë's face, replaced by a deeply serious expression, mature beyond her years as the shadow of pain darkened the brilliance of her eyes.

"Wrong" she said, not unkindly but with a determination that did not permit discussion. "They're for me, because I need them. Or it will hurt again, and I can't stand that."

Still, though her offered flower had not been accepted, she permitted the horned lady close and didn't shrink from the nose against her brow. Erthë guessed what she might want to accomplish by this, but whether Clay was able to estimate anything was uncertain. The winged filly had a strange body temperature after all, cold as ice; though her temperature rose and fell like everyone else's, it never climbed above freezing and left her quite difficult to read indeed.

Shuffling the alabaster wings against the sides, she withdrew from the tender affections of the newcomer and pricked the woolly little ears to listen to Rexanna. They seemed to have been talking about the herd lands when she'd arrived - a common topic indeed, though the focus was rather less so.

"The World's Edge has lots of water!" she said, lips curling into a smile again as her gilded friend sent her a pass. "It runs in streams and creeks through the forest and dance over the ground in curtains of mist, and always you can hear the rush of the ocean as waves pound against the white cliffs. The Basin is very nice, it's wonderfully cold, but I think I like the Edge better. It's where the Moon Goddess lives, after all!"

Beaming at Clay, she felt a thrill of excitement now that the time of decisions had arrived. No wonder horses toured the Threshold forest so often; it was very interesting to see where the new arrivals would choose to go in the end!

"And all the pretty tulips would disappear
And never disturb me again"

@Mortuus Nox
@Clay

So sorry for the wait!

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
Busted Compass [open] - by Clay - 11-06-2015, 12:55 AM
RE: Busted Compass [open] - by Rexanna - 11-06-2015, 01:42 AM
RE: Busted Compass [open] - by Erthë - 11-06-2015, 11:41 AM
RE: Busted Compass [open] - by Mortuus Nox - 11-07-2015, 12:36 PM