the Rift

[OPEN] Peace Be Still

Imonada Posts: 61
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.1hh :: 3 (Frostfall) HP: 58 | Buff: NOVICE
Byrneve

When Adria agrees to come along, Imonada appears blessed, her smile radiant and white among her fine dark features. No motive, or pretense; something about their exchange felt organic and comfortable. Still, she does not miss it when the girl fails to provide a direct answer to her inquiry, but she makes no fuss. "Good, very good. They are very healthy, you know." Her voice takes on a drawn, singsong quality as she makes motion to head back toward the gently sloped berm with its spotty grasses. She waits for her new friend to catch up before going much further, though, conducting another inspection of her form in the meantime; the way her gleaming coat looks like frosty morn, faint splatters of white dawn stars, exotic blues drawing the eye to chiseled legs and a sleek felid tail with a beautiful crest of gossamer strands of raw silk. It was not a lustful perusal, but instead the devoted admiration of a connoisseur; Imonada's appreciations ran the gamut and were not always shared by her peers, but all her delights held something special unto themselves. Adria was no exception. When she catches up, the shorter mare sets a strolling pace and they leave paired prints in the sands.

Her limpid gaze is searching Adria's own icy depths, two royal crystals faceted onto a refined and delicately pale face. "Hmm. I think you are a long way from your home." She looks out then as if on cue, toward the long stretch of land out in the distance, sitting as it always does, today behind a thin pillowing of fog over the Halcyon Flats directly north. The waters between are calm today; they could swim across to the continent for the channel was not terribly wide, as she herself had crossed it to reach the bundle of islands twice already. The first had been a spiritual pull toward her herd land's patron god as he returned from the cursed riftlands, where that wretched fallen tiger goddess had fought her very last. "But that is okay. If I have learned anything about this place, it's that it becomes a new home for many. Oh. Sorry. We're in Helovia. At least this part of the world is Helovia. I mean, we're on an island, and that big land over there is Helovia... but I think this is part of Helovia now too. According to the Gods... and I'll not be arguing with them any time soon." She was more animated than normal, even if that was still a bit subdued, infusing herself with the wonderful feeling of the warm breeze and ocean spray kissing her hide from the endlessly crashing waves. Not to mention a companion by her side growing more interesting and delightful by the moment. It was invigorating. "No," she says more softly, responding to the question about her origins. "But I much prefer it here. I mean I haven't been kicked out of my group yet, and that's one up on my family's clan," she laughs breathily, brushing off the stinging truth and betrayal in her words. 

"Oh. In theory, I can fly, but I personally had an accident when I was a wee lass." She stops dead in her tracks when what was asked is allowed to sink in, and peers over to check out Adria's dusty wings. They looked okay; even an untrained eye could see that one of her own wasn't quite right. "Wait. Can you not fly?" Her expression is half parts amused and half parts quizzical, but then she is off again and entering the circle of palm trees with trunks lean and swooped. Littered around on the ground were a few sizable coconuts pale brown, their girth perhaps influenced by the leaking magics inherit in Helovia and Rift engaged as they were in violence and power. One coconut gets singled out by the little chat noir and she trots over it, a bounce in her step, only to kick it over to Adria's feet. "This variety isn't too tough. Squish it, then eat the inside!"

She is driving into the one she had abandoned prior, scraping her teeth across the soft flesh and stripping it down to a husk. In between eating, she looks up to see Adria's progress. "I am glad to have met you, Adria. I am curious. What do you last remember between home and the beach?"

Pixel template base by BronzeHalo

@Adria <333
elizabeth: you're not telling us everything.
red: let me put your mind at ease; i'm never telling you everything.
--blacklist

force allowed
plotting prior to death/maiming please

[Image: a0jmns.png]
line art by jennyleigh

Messages In This Thread
Peace Be Still - by Adria - 11-06-2015, 08:36 PM
RE: Peace Be Still - by Imonada - 11-07-2015, 08:34 PM
RE: Peace Be Still - by Adria - 11-08-2015, 12:45 PM
RE: Peace Be Still - by Imonada - 11-09-2015, 11:21 PM
RE: Peace Be Still - by Blu - 12-25-2015, 12:57 AM
RE: Peace Be Still - by Adria - 12-26-2015, 09:57 AM