the Rift

[OPEN] Peace Be Still

Adria Posts: 36
Absent Abyss atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 :: 3 HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Hawk

Coconuts are very healthy. The girl tries to write the mental note. Right, but still what are they? The girl was well trained not to let the confusion show and as the other motions and walks, she follows, happily. She was very glad to be around another again. She liked her adventure alone very much, all the strange creatures she had seen made it so interesting! But, a bit of company not wouldn’t be too bad. As they walk the sea blue eyes settle on those wings. Somehow they looked so lovely tucked so neat against the other’s sides. There were not many black horses back home, and most were equines she rarely saw. So you’ll forgive her as her eyes linger. So wrapped up in those glances she does not notice the lingering eyes of the other.

A long way from home. Well, she had guessed that, but the breeze about the tips of her mane stilled. But then this sweet company speaks up more. And the girl is very glad for it, otherwise she might have drifted off again. The girl listened very intently, for this is what she desired so much to know. Her gaze follows the other’s speech and looks to the lands across. Helovia. It was a rather pretty name. Rolled off the tongue well. Now she felt rather silly calling her home, home. Perhaps it needed a name too! But she didn’t know how to name home. Maybe she would think of one soon.

The girl turns back as the other speaks again, her curled ears listening most curiously. So she wasn’t from here either! Oh that was nice. Nice not to be the only one not from her-Helovia. If the dark woman had meant anything more by her words, it didn’t catch with the child. She instead only joins in the laughter, thinking it all sincere, and just glad to have a friend by her side. “I should like to explore it all. Maybe I’ll like it too!” And there was a hope, deeper than perhaps she even realized, that hoped with all its might that were true. Especially if she was as far from home as the other believed.

But the conversation was moving on. She had asked a good many questions, and though just as many more were bubbling up, she desperately wanted to know the answers to the first. It was obvious to the pale girl that she had an untrained eye, for she had been so wrapped in the black silken beauty of her friend that she quite saw past any difference. The shock doubled her reaction. Her face fell, and the wind about her immediately dropped. “An accident? Of course that’s what happens. I can’t imagine the others here have not figuring that out. I saw some fly.” She smiles like a daft girl she was. But her experiences had always been built upon the tales of the great Pegasus crashing into the water, grabbed by the invisible hand of the sea.

So when the black woman asked the girl’s spirits were up, and she takes it lightly, despite the other’s face. Her laugher rolls ad her head dips, and it begins the soft breeze again. Her wings lift from her sides, and the metal guards, studded with pearls glint and spark in the sunlight. “With these! I wouldn’t dare! The god of the sea would see me to his depths, and father says he’s absolutely horrible when he’s angry.” She looked at the other like she had lost her mind, when really it was the other way around. For you see, the lies of her paranoid, twisted, sick father, had wound themselves in very deep.

As her wings tuck back as they come to a strange grouping of stones, but then the dark beauty kicks one her way. The girl starts but her eyes don’t leave it. It comes to rest against her hooves. Not wishing to look the fool, but doing so anyway, she pretends to know what she is doing. Her head dips and her tongue slips out to taste it, just as the other speaks. Though it was too late. Her face sours and tongue retreats. Squish it? Curled ears lean back but she is not one to give in. One cloven raises and with great delight smashes on the brown hairy stone. It cracks much to her surprise, and a white liquid oozes out. She looks to the black dove with the greatest delight, then dives in too.

When the black beauty speaks the girl is happily snacking away at the white coconut flesh. So the words, and the last bit of seriousness was almost lost to her. “I’m very glad to have met you too!” She almost didn’t catch the other question. It tags on like a nag. Oh, what does she remember? Here she pauses. Her curled ear flicks back. It seemed so long ago…OH! “Virgil!” She shouts in excited, her tasseled tail swishing again happily. “We were playing tag as the storm came up” She spoke so nonchalantly, so carefree. “I won!” She smiles quite happily, and then returns to her coconut, as if it was nothing. After a second she pauses, and turns her broad smile back to the black lady. “Hey, have you seen Virgil?” She asks, but only as in passing tone. That was the closest she ever came to a lie. For her breathe actually held waiting for the answer.

OOC:: I'M SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT  

@Imonada

Messages In This Thread
Peace Be Still - by Adria - 11-06-2015, 08:36 PM
RE: Peace Be Still - by Imonada - 11-07-2015, 08:34 PM
RE: Peace Be Still - by Adria - 11-08-2015, 12:45 PM
RE: Peace Be Still - by Imonada - 11-09-2015, 11:21 PM
RE: Peace Be Still - by Blu - 12-25-2015, 12:57 AM
RE: Peace Be Still - by Adria - 12-26-2015, 09:57 AM