the Rift

[PRIVATE] Never Give Up

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

After leaving Ezital and Vitani to go about's their needs the pale mare found herself thinking back to the rather eventful meeting of the other night. Much had been said and many hostilities seemed to exist between what had been and what currently was. What had caused such a problem in the first place? From her understanding things had gone relatively peacefully in the invasion with no casualties, then why was there still so much tension. She had been able to witness the aftermath first hand so she knew that everyone who wished to remain was invited to continue living out their lives in peace only under different rulers. Had there been something that she had missed in this exchange? Ktulu had been so...so.. harsh to the youngest girl in their small group but on what cause? With that being said Vitani had not exactly responded in the ideal way either so what in the world was going on?

Not wanting to stew on the issue any longer the mare set off to try and track down the least hostile one in the situation, Vitani. In reality she really didn't know too much about the filly but something told her that something wasn't quite right. Where were the girl's parents? She couldn't remember ever seeing her hanging around with anyone at the meetings, so where was her family? Concern washed over her at the thought as she wandered quietly through the tress listening for the sounds of the young girl in this mass of greenery. At this rate she was never going to find her before dark and who knows if she had even decided to stick around after such a horrible situation. Snorting with frustration she finally stopped looking down over the waterfall and out into the valley hoping she might be able to catch a glimpse of the bay girl. "Vitani?" She called out finding it rather satisfying to her the resounding echo of her voice. Yes it was juvenile but there was limited things that she had been able to enjoy as a child, better late than never.

Waiting around for what seemed like ages the mare raised her blue eyes back to the skyline wondering how much easier this would all be if she could fly. Maybe if she tracked down Kaj he would know where to find the filly? No, she couldn't bother him with something so petty surely he had much better things to do than put up with her. Not that she would be complaining if he came to her for anything that is. Honestly she wished that he would come around more often for she was starting to find she actually missed him being there. Their short encounters were satisfying and entertaining but the frequency needed to increase cause she hated feeling this lonely. Come to think of it, she couldn't remember how long it had been since she had actually found her missing someone. Most of her life she had been so used to people walking out on her so why should she miss them? This was a different kind of feeling and one that made her feel all giddy inside, it was a very pleasurable sort of  feeling. Smiling with the memories she turned her attention back to trying to find the girl. They seriously needed to implant chips into everyone to track their whereabouts or something, there was too much land to search every last inch. "Vitani?"

@Vitani
Brisa Speaks

Image Credits
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Vitani Posts: 92
Dragon's Throat Mare atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: Three Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Sarabi :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Emily

VITANI
When we look up at the stars, we see only the memory of light; and though they are distant we know they still shine

My mind was still trying to understand everything the Champion had told me. She had been kinda harsh, but looking back I needed it. As Sarabi had said, I was beginning to pity myself. That, wasn't something I wanted to do. I didn't need to feel sorry for myself, nor did I want anyone feeling sorry for me. Vitani? The sound of my name echoing off the waterfalls. The voice, was one I knew as Brisa. I had only met her a few nights ago... Acutally I met her just before I met Ktulu. Without thinking, I move off from my companion and head toward the sound of my voice. Hey! Wait up! Sarabi calls in my mind as she runs after me.

It does not take me long to reach the place Brisa stood. My ears prick forward as I approach. Sarabi pads playfully along at my side. After all, the mare had not been hostile toward me the other night. So she had no reason to think she would be mean now. "You called for me?" I wondered slightly in Ktulu had put her up to this, but hey, i'm trying to be more social than I was. Maybe, just maybe the new herd that had taken over weren't so bad after all.

I had spent so much of my time hating the ones who had invaded, I really hadn't gotten to know any of them. I had been hell bent on blaming them for my family falling apart. But in reality, looking back now it had been falling apart before. Mom and Dad had never been mates. I had been the tie. Dad disappeared, and Mom had to until I had found her being murdered.... So really, things had not been okay.

"Talk"
Sarabi Talks

@Brisa

Venturing farther into the lands the alabaster mare kept her eyes focusing on everything and anything that should cross her path hoping that the filly would spontaneously appear out of thin air. Humming softly to herself as she walked along she tried to think of a logical place that Vitani could have gone to but came up with nothing. She was not exactly one of the crowd so how was she supposed to know where the "cool" places were? That had never been her life, she had spent more time in solidarity than she had associating with others. All those months had made her into who she had been but it had been a few special friends that had helped to mold her into the girl she was today. Bravery never really entered into the same sentence when speaking about herself but she felt that she had managed to learn enough of it not to be freaking out anytime someone walked by. Suli had nearly given her a heart attack that first day but somehow she had lived to tell the tale.

Movement finally brings Vitani into her sights as a welcoming smile greets the young girl. She was glad to see that the filly was still here after such a tense encounter with Ktulu. It was one of the things that she wished she had done differently but in reality she was in no place to question the champion as to why she was so harsh towards both Ezital and Vitani. Neither of them had done anything wrong except for some reason getting on the wrong side of Ktulu. Thankfully the mare had spared ripping into her at least for that encounter and hopefully for any other times they would need to speak or associate. " I did." She replied with a confirming nod of her head. "I just wanted to make sure that you were alright after that little incident with Ktulu. Is everything ok?"

Taking a step towards the girl and her bonded she lowered her head to greet Sarabi with a kind wicker and smile before returning her attention back to Vitani. She knew how hard it could be living in a herd where there were others that always seemed hostile or disrespectful. It made you feel as if everyone was against you and that you would never amount to anything, she had been there and done that. She would have given anything for someone to be there for her then but who else could she turn to when both her parents were dead.

Brisa Speaks
@Vitani

Image Credits
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --

Vitani Posts: 92
Dragon's Throat Mare atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: Three Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Sarabi :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Emily

VITANI
When we look up at the stars, we see only the memory of light; and though they are distant we know they still shine

"I did." She nodded and confirmed the fact she had in fact been the one to call for me. "I just wanted to make sure that you were alright after that little incident with Ktulu. Is everything ok? She wanted to, check on me? But why? She doesn't even know me... Other than my name that is. Why.... Cause she care. Sarabi says softly. I blink again before realizing that I really need to say, something. "Um, yeah. She chewed me out pretty good for both Sarabi's reaction and what I said.... Oh and I now have to go on patrols with the warriors to meet others....." Yeah, not to fond of the patrol thing. "Other than that I guess i'm okay.... She didn't like, hurt me or anything. Thought she was going to a few times but she didn't." I stopped there, just letting us fall into silence.

That is, until the question that I just couldn't leave alone came bubbling up and out of my lips before I could stop myself. "Why would you want to make sure i'm okay? You barely know me. You moved in here with the rest of them that invaded... Why care about someone else's kid that got left behind?" Okay, that sounded a bit harsher that it did before. But it was true. Mom had left thinking I had runaway with everyone else. Dad.... well the longer time went on the more I accepted that Dad just flat out left. He had cared, he had fought... But he didn't care enough about me to take me with him or to take me to Mom first. So now, i'm just an orphan in a herd that used to be my home.... I questioned that the longer time went on too. Maybe I should just leave. Go do my own thing or something... Or go join another herd... I don't know...

"Talk"
Sarabi Talks

@Brisa

Needless to say the pale mare was a little taken a back by the filly's words but tried her hardest to remain impassive. How could someone think that others would be wrong to care? It wasn't her exact words used but still it was something hit her deep. Ever since her parents died when she was only a few months old she had known that they had loved her. Despite all her downfalls and mishaps along the way had she ever believed that no one cared for her? Perhaps there had been a couple times that... shaking her head to stop that treacherous route of thought she reminded herself that this was not about herself. She was doing this because she was concerned about the way Ktulu had treated the poor girl.

"Why would you want to make sure i'm okay? You barely know me. You moved in here with the rest of them that invaded... Why care about someone else's kid that got left behind?" Taking each word in hurt her ears as the meaning etched behind the words sunk in. Words all to recognizable to someone who had been there and seen all that others had to offer. "You may think that none of us care, but we do. I have been where you are." She replied firmly letting her blue eyes capture those of Vitani. She could not stand by and let the poor girl tear herself apart with thinking the way she was. "Trust me when I say I have been there. I know exactly what it feels like to feel alone and like the world is against you."

Letting her words sit for a moment to sink in she found herself continuing. "I wanted to make sure you were alright because Ktulu should not have spoken to you in that manner, it wasn't fair. Neither of you did anything wrong. I don't know what happened to your parents but I grew up without mine and I know how hard it is. I only want you to know that if you ever need someone to talk to I can be there for you. I don't know you but I would like to, if you would allow it. We came here because we had no where else to go. We never meant to chase away those who lived here prior they were welcome to stay should they wish. The Moon Goddess was a great danger to our herd so we had no other choice."

Brisa speaks

TAGS: @Vitani
NOTES:

Table by Moonstone Designs