the Rift

[OPEN] This Collar's Killin Me

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk
Thranduil

Now this was most lovely. In sinking sun’s light he had found a most rare creature. Someone who thought like him. Who enjoyed the games. Something he could play with. The melting colors around them paint upon her hide now a shade of red rose to match her eyes. With each shifting color his earth eyes caught they found her body more pleasing. Its soft gentle edges, and the thick black locks highlighted by the skies. Even the skull upon her head did not seem so menacing the longer he considered it. The skull though….It was cause for a pause. Was she indeed the daughter of that damnable woman? You know, he pondered, that might not matter much anymore. The board was changing the more she spoke her playful taunts, and there seemed to be different pieces in the game now.

He is surprised to see her step forward, pulled? Like a moth to a flame. Earth eyes flash gold with curiosity. Perhaps he was having the same effects on her? Well that is most interesting proposition. So the lie leaving from his gilded tongue comes as much less of a necessity. It may have been a lie to say they were once friends, but not so much of a lie to say they are not now. Still, it is always with the greatest satisfaction he sees it slip into her mind and twist her memories and thoughts. It was perhaps the only positive aspect of this damnable life he was living.

Haldir high doubted that. The dark deer turns to his bonded with a short glare. But he could not stay looking on long. A rustle from the dragon calls his attention again away. It did not seem the creature was particularly threatening, and for that the deer relaxed. Though he still kept his eye on it. His own mind nagged him. At least this was better than being in the Basin. Better than watching the gold pace like a caged dog. At least here he smiled, and laughed.

Laughed indeed. As her laughter leaves her lips at the clever line his does as well, though a bit darker than hers. Especially when he sees her spirit ease. She even tossed a wink to the golden! Mine this little magic did work wonders. Not that he gave it all the credit. He still resented it slightly, for the magic let happen what he in all his perceived skill could not. He was the golden thief, the Laurelin, and it was an annoyance to rely upon such magic when skill failed. But this time he did not dwell on it. She had stepped to him first, he own skill being enough, and the magic becoming simply a seal of affirmation. How it pleased him to see her ease, her air become lighter, softer. Whatever doors were closed to him only seconds before were now flung wide open.

Of course, the tease had been a possible threat as well. Her last comment signaling some questioning. An acceptance still, but a hole ready to become a trap. With pride he calls only upon his skill to move around it. “I did apologize” And he returns her wink.

The task set before him was now shifted. Even if she was so much like he, that did not close her off from his original purposes to have a bit of fun for the dusk hours. “So tell me lass, what have you been up to?” He continues to grin like the sly fox he was. “Not terrorizing the villagers I hope?” His light laughter signals the joke, but it was more than that. He was pulling for a tale. Some trouble, something he could play with.

OOC :: The apologizing thing before was pure luck XD
"Speech"

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the waterspout.
Down came the rain
and washed the spider out.
Image credit.

@Nymeria

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Messages In This Thread
This Collar's Killin Me - by Thranduil - 11-08-2015, 10:25 AM
RE: This Collar's Killin Me - by Nymeria - 11-08-2015, 03:29 PM
RE: This Collar's Killin Me - by Thranduil - 11-08-2015, 05:26 PM
RE: This Collar's Killin Me - by Nymeria - 11-08-2015, 07:38 PM
RE: This Collar's Killin Me - by Thranduil - 12-09-2015, 09:34 AM
RE: This Collar's Killin Me - by Nymeria - 12-10-2015, 10:09 AM
RE: This Collar's Killin Me - by Thranduil - 12-12-2015, 08:07 PM
RE: This Collar's Killin Me - by Nymeria - 12-15-2015, 11:37 AM
RE: This Collar's Killin Me - by Thranduil - 01-02-2016, 03:36 PM