the Rift

Astral Alignment

Alune Posts: 65
World's Edge Seer atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Nova

Alune

The great labyrinth crawls for miles infront of shimmering pools of starlight, as iridescent hooves pause in their step to rest against the carpet of green beneath them — a gentle snort escaped into the warm air. There's no imediate end to the never ending stretch and the great stallion almost felt like he had been walking for hours in circles, there was no use in turning back when he could not discern where the beginning and end were, was there?

Was this the great land the White Lady had set him on the path to, or just another challenge for the moon-touched stallion to overcome?

Were the other Oracles and Diviners finding themselves in situations like these? Or had their Gods taken pity and sent them to easier lands far from Thal'Sharah? His homeland was a warm memory now committed to the most precious corners of his mind, only to be reflected upon when he felt the walls of his resolve crumbling in the darkest of points in his travels.

His Lady had grown silent in the coming days, the further he had travelled, the quieter she had become. Now she was a mere whisper on the winds, and a gentle caress of the breeze in the wilting summer heat he hadn't had the pleasure of knowing until now.

Or she had been, now the wind blew a silent song in his ears and mussed his hair without careful, encouraging intentions.

Raising his crowned head a little bit higher, the spires glowed brightly in the dim lighting that clung to the forest like a cloak. Their appearance was striking, as though the moon herself had crafted the fine spires from the very essence of her visage, heaved from the very stone and light the moon encompassed. The search of the area was fruitless, as it had been earlier, having tried before to spy a fellow equine amongst the thick brush and overgrown grasses to pitiful success, save for the few birds and floor dwelling creatures, he was entirely alone it seemed.

His leonine tail curls instinctively closer to his grand frame, the silvery strands smother the green beneath him in a brilliant river of white and lilac while he ponders — the occasional flick sent it flying like great waves against the earth. Which way should he try now? Would it matter which way it took? He's confident there are no physical threats to him in this forest, for he towers above most would-be predators who may find themselves daring, the only real worry is perishing to time and madness.

A silent sigh finally sounded from his light muzzle, he would try west, he determined. Star kissed pelt shifted beneath the ripple of muscles as he began to walk forward once more, careful in his steps as not to disturbed the creatures that called the mighty forest their home. Alune appeared like an oddity among so much greenery devoid of arcane influence, an ethereal vision weaving among the trees in search of something. Anything.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Notes; N/A

"talk talk talk"

[Image: QsJIY4g.png]
"I have seen the movement of the sinews of the sky,
 And the blood coursing in the veins of the moon."

force & violence permitted on Alune at all times
with the exception of maiming and death

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa
I've cried, and you'd think I'd be better for it, but the sadness just sleeps, and it stays in my spine the rest of my life.

Baptism by fire was the way to go, and so against her own will, Elsa dragged herself to the threshold. Edgar remained in tow, this time only flying a few feet behind her. Slowly the two were becoming one, and it was only a matter of time. A trip down memory lane couldn’t hurt either. Elsa knew this was Edgar’s favorite place to go. The plethora of branches and hiding spots allowed him to easily camouflage himself, and jump out at unsuspecting animals… and Elsa’s. But unlike Edgar’s goal, Elsa’s was to bring a soul or two back to the Edge.

So why had they come in the middle of the night? The gut was screaming it was because she was scared. The thought of even facing a stranger shocked her to her core. How was she supposed to get back into recruiting when the very thought of social interaction made her want to crawl in a corner and never come out? She shrank against the darkness of her surroundings, content to just observe for a few hours.

A light, however, seemed to be emanating from something. It was and oddity, since it was in fact moving around in the forest. The way it bobbed was reminiscent of a lurking large cat or something. Ears flickered toward the movement, and it was evident that the thuds of movement were not the usual silence that accompanied carnivorous cats.

Edgar was the first to investigate, hopping from branch to branch, he tried to catch up with the glowing stallion. Once he was within view, he let out a large screech. One, to alert Elsa, but the main reason was to watch this stallion poop himself. ’Sometimes I wish you went back to being silent. It was so much easier to make friends then. I didn’t have to introduce my little baby child with every introduction.’ Her thoughts seeped venomously into the bond, but it only fueled Edgar’s shenanigans, and he dove down to the ground towards the stallion. He hopped, flapping his wings and screeching in order to get him to stop so his bonded could catch up.

Her hooves picked up the pace, thudding loudly in large poundings before she could catch up to her companion. At the sight of Elsa, Edgar stopped and flew to her poll where he sat, scrutinizing the newly dubbed “glowy butt”. ”So sorry for that! I hope he wasn’t too rude, my name is Elsa. That… thing, he’s Edgar. New here?” Of course it was a cliché line, but it was a least a start back into the right direction. Slowly she would re-learn subtle social cues and be able to provide more personalized introductions. For now, she fell silent in hopes that this glow horned stallion would not head for the hills.

"talk"

image credits
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Nova

Alune

Alune had paid little mind to the rustling of the canopy above him, believing it to be the occasional bird with fleeting curiosity to his presence or simply going about their lives as they were intended to do. To see such small creatures was not uncommon, scurrying and burrowing above and below, but the moon-touched stallion was more familiar to creatures of his own or greater size — his home was not called the 'Isle of Giants' for nothing. Great birds of mythical proportions roosted in the highest peaks, while great sea serpents dwelt beneath the frozen plateau's of the ocean.

If he had known that he was actively being followed, he would've paused in his step to allow the follower to state his business.

The leviathan sized stallion moved with grace that most would deem his size unable to possess, the thorn and leafy links of his necklace uttering a barely audible clinking song in tandem with great lapis hooves. The whispering song the only company he had, and it brought the first twinges of regret to lace into his thoughts, there had been offers of guards to keep him company — company he had politely (and now he felt he had foolishly) declined.

The thoughts were interrupted by the sudden appearance, and ear wrenching screech of a Zephyr assaulted his hearing. Ears pinned flat against his poll as he jerked, front hooves lifting momentarily from the ground before they settled once more back into their floating pace. A single, half-amused snort left his pale nostrils as he eyed the bird with a curious glance.

If he had thought the avian had had his fun in startling the stallion and would now leave, he was wrong.

It followed, flapped and hopped beside him, trying valiantly to grab his attention completely. In the end, he felt half sorry for the creature and he reluctantly slowed to a stop to better investigate. 

"Is there something I ca— " Interrupted by the sound of hooves padding towards his location, his neck arched to allow him to better look towards where they were coming from. A petite mare broke through the backdrop of green and he righted himself, turning to face her fully while tail coiled around his hocks.

"Quite a mischievous little thing, isn't he?" No hints of malice in his voice, he eyed the Zephyr before his silvery blue gaze returned attentively to the mare, he was more amused than anything else. Edgar had momentarily relieved the boredom and never ending repetition of walking in circles. "It's a pleasure to meet you, m'lady, my name is Alune." The deep blue stallion greeted, nodding his head in acknowledgement to the white mare.

"New and very much lost, I feel as though I've been wandering in circles forever."The admittance at being lost is only slightly embarrassing, it was to be expected, he had no idea where he was going after all. The White Lady had merely sent him on a vague path with the instructions to find and follow.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Notes; N/A

"talk talk talk"

@Elsa

Elsa
I've cried, and you'd think I'd be better for it, but the sadness just sleeps, and it stays in my spine the rest of my life.

So far so good, the only negative word this Alune had spoken was that Edgar was mischievous. She wasn’t even mad, because there was not a more perfect word for describing him. She nodded her head in agreement, coupled with a loud sigh and sassy eye roll. All the while, Edgar puffed out his chest, standing tall as he scrutinized the glow-y guy. Elsa could feel Edgar relax mentally, and it was a feeling she had thought was gone forever. Guilt swelled her chest, thinking of how muted she had kept him. Trying to drag him everywhere with her only caged him, and she learned that the caged bird would still find a way to sing his tune. Even if that meant shutting Elsa out, he had to do it for the betterment of himself.

Elsa smiled warmly at Alune though, as he declared himself a newcomer. She would bet her life on being able to identify newbies to Helovia. The land alone was enough to send heads spinning, and it wasn’t exactly homely wandering through a forest of towering trees. “Well it is a pleasure to meet you Alune, you have wandered into Helovia.” Edgar gestured all around them, signaling that he had wandered pretty far into the land by now. “You are in the Threshold, which is one of the only ways to get to this land. Herds send horses like me off to help those who are new. Are you in search of a permanent residence?” That was the real question here. The main drive of any good recruiter was to bring another soul home. Elsa owed it to the Edge to do so, her abandonment was rude and selfish. The Edge was in need, and right now, they needed numbers more than anything. It was hard to do to, leadership was sketchy at best. She had barely seen Torliek, and Mauja’s frame was fleeting.

Her heart sank at the very thought of the state of the Edge. She had faced her enemies, and forgave them, and they had trusted her. With a position in the military for crying out loud! And this is how she showed her gratitude, by letting the Edge fall to the wayside? Sure there had been improvements, it was not moving as rapidly as she had anticipated. They were in a fragile state, and Elsa was too detached from herd politics to know the political stance of the herds now. She was flailing around blindly, trying to help the Edge while avoiding stepping on toes. Just because the original Edge wanted the Falls, doesn’t mean they won’t try to take it back.

"talk"

image credits

Nova

Alune

Alune's gentle gaze rested between the bonded pair, a soundless chuckle escaping his throat when Elsa sighed. It seemed the pair had an interesting relationship, to say the least, judging by how proudly the avian puffed his feathers while his equine companion merely rolled her eyes in an exasperated sigh. Reaching out his muzzle, he snorted light-heartedly at Edgar in response to his critical gaze while a sly smile played upon his pale lips.

The blue Stallion hadn't experienced the hardships and blessings that came with having a companion, not out of choice, perhaps this new land, in time, would see fit to gift him with the chance to raise a little one who could not raise itself.

When a name was finally placed to the never ending expanse of forest, and explained that it was quite natural for newcomers to wind up where he was, he visibly relaxed and a momentary look of relief washed on to his astral features. He had not ended up as lost as he had thought he'd been, still he had to chuckle at himself.
"It's a good thing you appeared when you did, the moon only knows where I might've ended up."

At the mention of him needing a permanent residence, he shifted on his haunches and gave her a small nod, only now casting a thought towards where he would call home within this Helovia.
"I am." Bright eyes casting a thoughtful glow, leonine tail flicking with an audible rustle of leaves across the green carpet beneath them. Alune did indeed need a new home, as he had wandered far from his original one, albeit with a purpose and by now, he was sure the way back was lost to him. Casting back to the mares words, Elsa had come here with a purpose, on behalf of her own herd, to guide wayward souls lost in this green ocean — his ears perked forward with a small influx of hope and promise, perhaps her home was somewhere he could call his own also.
"You mentioned having a herd, what is your herd land like?"

Notes; N/A

"talk talk talk"

@Elsa

Elsa

Edgar was swimming in the attention Alune was giving him. It fed into his ego and Elsa could feel it expand a million times over. She had to resist the urge to roll her eyes again, for he was driving her insane. Granted, it was a good insane but it was still insanity.

Elsa continued to ignore Edgar in favor of Alune. This recruitment was far more important than giving Edgar an etiquette class. She smiled brightly when he asked about her herd. This was really the first time she’d be able to give a description. This was a test to see how well she could “market” the Edge. ”The World’s Edge is the herd I live in. It sits on a cliff than hangs over the ocean, quite breathtaking really.” Her eyes got that glassy faraway look as she painted the picture in her mind. ”There are four patron Gods that look over each of the four herds. They are Earth, Moon, Sun, and Time respectively. My herd land’s patron is the Goddess of the Moon. The only female “God” too, which I find quite interesting.” She shrugged nonchalantly as Edgar bobbed his head in agreement with all of her words. His big blue eyes still boring into Alune as he tried to gain more attention.

But he conversation could not be done with those words, a formal invitation was still needed in order to make things feel official. ”You are welcome to join our ranks as a stallion, and once you’ve gotten a look around you could pick a profession. Unless you know what you want to be. We have warriors, healers, seers, sleuths and crafters.” She fell silent then, allowing Alune to take over the conversation. Elsa knew all these formalities were boring, but hopefully it could shed a bit of light on Alune’s situation. She still had no idea where he came from, or who he truly was. The fact that he hadn’t attacked her or Edgar yet was a good sign. He’d fit in well in the Edge.

"talk"
[ooc; sorry my writing is a little rough, but I wanted to get this up for you as quick as possible so you can get him in. <3]

image credits

Nova

Alune

Weren't birds the vainest of all creatures? Their intelligence and feathered beauty could outshine the most magnificent stag as if it was mere childs play, no wonder they preened under any and all attention with such knowledge. Alune was quite content to give Edgar little snippets of attention, if it meant he favored behaving instead of trying to spook the stallion once more.
Alune listened intently to her description of her home and her herd, and even more so when the mention of Gods and Goddesses reached his keen ears. Helovia had less gods than his own homeland, but they were no less important, especially the Moon Goddess. "Your herdland sounds somewhere I would enjoy calling home." He noted warmly, a decided tone lacing his words — there was no competition, even if any more equines appeared like phantoms from the night fog to lure him away. "I find it strange that the Moon is the only Goddess among your divines," the comment is feather light and mirthful in it's words, "my homeland has many Goddesses, but few Gods. Gods tend to be the most fickle of the bunch."

Unable to help but throw a wink towards Elsa and Edgar in the aftermath of the God comment.

Further listening to her official invitation to join the World's Edge, and it dawned on him that save for the few snippets he had just spoke, Elsa did not know anything about him. She had graciously extended an invitation to this starry stranger, and he had not given her anything about him. "Back in my homeland, far to the north of here across a frozen ocean, I was — am, the Oracle to the Moon Goddess." Alune explained, unmistakable fondess overtook his features as he cast his mind back to Thal'Sharah. Part of him missed the great isle and a greater part knew better not to wallow in memories, it was a dangerous pool of longing and homesickness if one bathed too long in it's inviting waters.

"It would be a pleasure to continue my service to the Goddess by joining your Seers."

Notes; it's fine dear, thank you so much for being so speedy <3

"talk talk talk"

@Elsa