the Rift

[OPEN] Heartbreaker

Naerys Posts: 86
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie

Hold on to me because I'm a little unsteady

He didn't seem to notice her at first and for a second she considered leaving. Except, as her teal eyes observe the golden man, she notices a few subtle but distinct tells that betray his awareness - the turning of an ear and the ever so slight shift in his demeanor. Yet he continues to explore the ancient structure and the surrounding turf. The gesture oddly quiets the fear inside of her as she continues to watch him - though now she's more curious than concerned about her own vulnerability. His lack of immediate response was an intriguing one. She stood behind him and though his awareness is clear to her, he proceeds almost as though she'd never arrived in the first place. Either he does not feel threatened by her presence or he is confident he can take her on (which he could, easily, if she were there to fight) Regardless, the girl cannot seem to pull herself away. She is intrigued, even as he turns to face her. She doesn't falter, teal gems meet his piercing blue gaze. His eyes sweep over her body, briefly, in an almost customary once over between strangers. She allows her gaze to do the same, though hers lingers (longingly) on the horn protruding from his forehead.

What wouldn't she do for a weapon like that?

Finally his voice breaks the silence and the girl dips her head ever so slightly in reply. "Pardon me, sir." she begins, her voice far more confident than it had been before. "I thought I might stop here for a quick rest on my way home. I hadn't expected anyone else to be here." And it's true, she had expected it to be empty, void of other equine life, though why is a complete mystery. It isn't as though this place is secret and Helovia is far from empty. Perhaps it had simply been wishful thinking. The girl sighs softly, pulls her gaze from him to gaze at the ancient structure. She could only hope this encounter wouldn't tarnish the happy memories she had of this particular place.

Once more his voice, pleasant despite his somewhat cold demeanor, caresses her ears. She returns her teal gaze to his and with a slight smile she responds. "Help me? No... not unless you know a bit of healing." The girl shifts then, stepping a bit closer as carefully as she can though the movement is enough to make her grimace. To avoid further vulnerability and embarrassment, she opts to remain still from that moment forward (or until she leaves to continue her journey home). She allows her gaze to drift over the surrounding area and the strange stallion, the gesture is enough to satisfy her own curiosity for the moment. "You aren't from around here, are you?" she asks, her voice softer and a bit more friendly even as she pins him with her intense blue-green gaze. "I'm Naerys, from the World's Edge." she offers, hopeful she isn't making a mistake by so readily giving away her name. Goddess help her if this came back to bite her in the ass.

NAERYS
image credit

@Kalona

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag naerys in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
Heartbreaker - by Kalona - 11-08-2015, 10:01 PM
RE: Heartbreaker - by Naerys - 11-11-2015, 05:31 PM
RE: Heartbreaker - by Kalona - 11-12-2015, 11:00 PM
RE: Heartbreaker - by Naerys - 11-15-2015, 02:35 AM
RE: Heartbreaker - by Alune - 11-16-2015, 05:30 AM
RE: Heartbreaker - by Kalona - 12-06-2015, 12:43 AM