the Rift

[PRIVATE] When gold stops Glistening

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
I didn’t remember the last time I felt like this. It had gotten better at the Threshold, meeting someone new. Seeing the little ivory child. Meeting up with an old friend again. But alas it was all business and left little time for conversation between the two of us. However, I wasn’t sure if I was up for much conversation, if I had to be honest. My bruising was nearly healed and I was feeling better about my situation at hand, but I still felt empty inside. Alone, forgotten. It had been a long time since I had felt forgotten.

In fact, I was so much the center of attention nearly everywhere I went that I didn’t really even know what it felt like. But I was definitely feeling it now. I made my way to the Meadow from a few nights of rest in the Basin. Sticking to myself mostly, but I was happy in the least to know that I was at least active. I could just stay in my cave all day and night in the Basin and nobody would miss me, more than likely. Though, I’d miss the feeling of the sun beating my golden pelt. It had been a year since I crossed the Threshold and found my way to the Basin. A whole year. And what did I have to commemorate that? Nothing.

I had decided that taking a break in the gentle grasses of the Meadow would be a better idea for me instead of running myself dry before nightfall. I emerged from the surrounding trees only to spot a deathly looking creature ahead. Was that really Nox? How was it that our paths kept crossing? Was it for a reason? Maybe. Maybe not. Perhaps a strange coincidence. Either way, I put on a smile on my face and picked up my pace from the walk I had been at earlier into a canter and rushed over to the dark creature. “Nox! What a coincidence.” I smiled to him, coming to a stop – rather close to him. Reaching out my creamy nose for a touch of hello. A touch of life. Perhaps now would be a great time to catch up, just the two of us in the meadow. “Now we can catch up. How have you been? How has the Basin treated you?” I asked with a smile. It was gentle, but nothing compared to the smiles I carried when I first met the stag.

"Talk?"
These friends of mine will come and go.
I’m the first to leave and the last to know.
image credits

@Mortuus Nox
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
When gold stops Glistening - by Mortuus Nox - 11-10-2015, 08:49 PM
RE: When gold stops Glistening - by Rexanna - 11-11-2015, 10:49 PM
RE: When gold stops Glistening - by Mortuus Nox - 11-16-2015, 11:39 PM
RE: When gold stops Glistening - by Rexanna - 11-17-2015, 12:31 AM
RE: When gold stops Glistening - by Mortuus Nox - 11-21-2015, 12:32 AM
RE: When gold stops Glistening - by Rexanna - 11-24-2015, 03:21 AM
RE: When gold stops Glistening - by Mortuus Nox - 12-08-2015, 08:42 PM
RE: When gold stops Glistening - by Rexanna - 12-16-2015, 10:58 PM
RE: When gold stops Glistening - by Mortuus Nox - 12-26-2015, 06:24 PM