the Rift

[PRIVATE] When gold stops Glistening

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
Watching him, I couldn’t help but to allow my ears to flicker to the surrounding sounds. Birds had begun chirping overhead, loud and strong, full of life. I wished that I was that lucky. To have such happiness in life was beginning to feel nearly impossible to me. I had a void, a gaping hole that needed to be filled with something. However, the part I found to be the saddest one within me was that I had no idea how to fill it. Any other time, I just filled it with seduction and running. I felt as though I couldn’t do either of those this time, but I hoped I could at least make an effort to be a decent equine and refrain from doing anything I’d regret.

I felt his touch briefly, but it felt distant. Something wasn’t right with him and I was curious to know what was wrong. Ears perking to him in an attentive way as he began to speak. I nodded with him, eyes widening that he had chosen healing of all things. My smile growing slightly at such an odd occupation for a creature that looked like himself. But I couldn’t say much considering I was playing the role of a thief while I stood here looking like a queen. I nodded to him, my smile staying. “I’ve missed you too, Nox. I hope things go well for you, you deserve it.” I said gently after he had spoken of depression. My smile fading ever so slightly at the words he had said. It were true. It was painful and shadowed like an endless abyss of darkness wearing away at your core.

I may have zoned out for a few moments, but my head returned to the situation at hand as he asked what I had gotten myself into. I was just about to lie before he read me like a book. I lowered my head lightly, sighing softly, shifting my weight and shrugging my shoulders to him gently. “I’m afraid you’re right. I’ve messed up a few times lately and it seems as though something I thought was going to work out in the end was just a hopeless fantasy.” I chimed, my words hinting of something dark and saddened – broken by the acts of both myself and my lover. My gaze returned to him, offering him a small smile of solace before I spoke once again. “Love is a tricky game to play, I’d say. At one point you find yourself entirely enveloped in someone to the point you think you can’t live without them. The next moment you’re hopelessly trying to piece yourself back together again with a daily, grueling reminder of what used to be so wonderful and perfect. It’s an endless cycle.” My voice quickly shifted into a hushed whisper toward the end before my gaze drifted off the ebony stag and up to the heavens above me. “I hope that you never have to face something like that.

"Talk?"
These friends of mine will come and go.
I’m the first to leave and the last to know.
image credits

@Mortuus Nox
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
When gold stops Glistening - by Mortuus Nox - 11-10-2015, 08:49 PM
RE: When gold stops Glistening - by Rexanna - 11-11-2015, 10:49 PM
RE: When gold stops Glistening - by Mortuus Nox - 11-16-2015, 11:39 PM
RE: When gold stops Glistening - by Rexanna - 11-17-2015, 12:31 AM
RE: When gold stops Glistening - by Mortuus Nox - 11-21-2015, 12:32 AM
RE: When gold stops Glistening - by Rexanna - 11-24-2015, 03:21 AM
RE: When gold stops Glistening - by Mortuus Nox - 12-08-2015, 08:42 PM
RE: When gold stops Glistening - by Rexanna - 12-16-2015, 10:58 PM
RE: When gold stops Glistening - by Mortuus Nox - 12-26-2015, 06:24 PM