the Rift

I'll never tell how close I came

Dante Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The wee one was just adorable and his chest warmed a little as she giggled and spoke in such a cheerful and chirpy way. It was nice to be around someone so jovial- it certainly made him feel much less apprehensive about this land. Normal foals, even if they did have wings. "Aelin is such a lovely name." He smiled gently, bobbing his head a tad. Dante had no idea what the sands were, but he pretended to be impressed all the same. Maybe the beigey foal was a princess of some sort and he should be bowing, but considering that no one else was, Dante was pretty sure he was okay to stay standing. Her awe was endearing, but it made his ears flicker uneasily to hear that she wished to continue on her 'journey.' Surely that was dangerous? Were there not creatures and beings that could harm her in one way or another? Maybe this place was just as idyllic as it seemed.

That being said, even a horse as gullible and socially blind as Dante was picking up on a little unrest between Colt and the others. The small tut the dun two toned gave Elsa just made him more certain, and he felt a small twist of curiosity in his stomach. Perhaps the herds weren't quite as peaceful as was being said? The deep chestnut, with his wild imagination, could imagine great wars being waged right in this little meadow, clashing right in the center. For what reason he couldn't fathom, but many individuals didn't really need a reason in order to create conflict. The flaxen maned horse did all he could to avoid it. As each mare spoke, Dante flicked his ears towards them, listening intently. It was a lot of knowledge to take in, and even worse, it was a seemingly massive decision. He had never been a decisive creature and now he was faced with four outspoken, lovely horses who all wanted him to join them in their herds. He hated to feel as if he was going to disappoint any of them.

Elsa seemed calm, as well as caring, if her doting of the foal was anything to go by. She almost came across as icy, if it wasn't for her friendliness, and from her brief comment about how humid the climate was right now, Dante could almost confirm to himself that the Edge was of a cooler feel. "The World's Edge sounds like a lovely place, Elsa." The stallion murmured, his stomach twisting slightly, still at odds. Colt, apart from her apparent disdain of the exclusive unicorn herd (and he didn't blame her, it seemed awful rude to only allow members due to a horn on their head), hadn't said much. Dante turned his white marked face and fixed his teal eyes on the smaller mare. "Where does your herd call home, Colt? Do you have a name for yourself? He smiled slightly, ears flickering about. With so many people here it was almost easy to completely forget about his surroundings. Quite the opposite to when you are alone and all you have is your senses to keep you awake and occupied.

The solidly built welsh had a feeling that it was going to take him quite a while to settle back into a society of any sort. It made him feel a little clumsy, and he just hoped others would have patience with him. Even now he was sure he was missing subtle cues, but he was just so rusty. The black mare, Imonada, had mostly been quiet. He could get very little feel about her personality either: just a kind of sereneness that he enjoyed. Dante felt like she would make good company. She did not seem like the type to force the silence to be broken. The mare also had a way with words, Dante felt, and he listened to the description falling from her tongue. It seemed like a magical place, and part of Dante's more spontaneous nature wanted to say, to heck with it, let's go! but his other half knew that if others spoke so imaginatively, he would be lured just as easily to their homes. "Hidden Falls also sounds most beautiful, Imonada..." The robust stallion flicked his head slightly with a small sigh before lifting his gaze from the black mares and again meeting the eyes of the others around him. "I must confess friends, I am at a bit of a loss. All of the options you have given me all sound more then just viable. I would be honored to come to any of your homelands." Dante made a dismissive gesture, almost a shrug. He wasn't sure what else he could say.

Messages In This Thread
I'll never tell how close I came - by Dante - 11-10-2015, 09:40 PM
RE: I'll never tell how close I came - by Aelin - 11-11-2015, 05:15 AM
RE: I'll never tell how close I came - by Elsa - 11-11-2015, 09:33 AM
RE: I'll never tell how close I came - by Colt - 11-11-2015, 12:39 PM
RE: I'll never tell how close I came - by Imonada - 11-11-2015, 02:33 PM
RE: I'll never tell how close I came - by Dante - 11-11-2015, 04:51 PM
RE: I'll never tell how close I came - by Aelin - 11-11-2015, 06:24 PM
RE: I'll never tell how close I came - by Elsa - 11-12-2015, 12:53 PM
RE: I'll never tell how close I came - by Colt - 11-13-2015, 08:47 PM
RE: I'll never tell how close I came - by Imonada - 11-15-2015, 01:04 PM
RE: I'll never tell how close I came - by Dante - 11-16-2015, 01:33 AM