the Rift

[PRIVATE] Could Things Be Any Worse? [Gaucho]

Mbizi Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The days seemed to grow longer with each passing moment. The loneliness of the skies was rather horrid and drew Mbizi to an unpleasant state of mind. He was paranoid, tired and hurting. There was an ache in his heart that rattled his bones, an ache for love... maybe even family. This very feeling drew him closer and closer to civilization once more. In fact he was far closer to civilization than he intended to be in the first place. Wandering the skies high above the island. Watching any forms that popped up below with intrigue and pain. Their peace was heart warming but their ability to wander inside themselves so easily was heart breaking. 

Something about the thought of a herd was terrifying but just as well as satisfying. Would he be brave enough to step forth and seek just what his soul was seeking? Oh of course not. His differences compared to those of 'normality' were the exact reason he was outcasted in the past and he would not risk being outcasted again because of some silly dream he had floating around. Oh no, he would bath in his horrendous features and stick to the sky that called him home. Gently kissing the skies because they have been the only ones to love him despite his looks.

The beast began to circle back, ready to head away from civilization again, to the secrets of the mountains.. alone, once more...

OOC: Emotional man eh? lol
TAG(s): @Gaucho ((closed/private thread))
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

Guarding the skies was one of Gaucho's most restless pass-times. What or who would he find lingering in the clouds? In his bones, he always awaited the day that the unicorns would return. Oh - he and Deimos and Hotaru had seemingly settled the demons between them. Although an attack from the Basin seemed unlikely, the image of hoards of unicorns invading the sands and killing those that he held dear, was permanently etched in his primitive mind.

They had moved past all that now, with Kri and Midas long gone, but Gaucho still remained. And remembered.

As the sight of the large hybrid gliding through his air space blinked into his vision, Gaucho immediately directed his large body towards the avian-ish creature. Mbizi was larger than Gaucho to be sure, yet the Wildfire was undeterred. On wings of fire the Sultan of the Throat glided with increasing speed towards the larger beast. He was not at this point obviously or intentionally hostile, and yet nor did his movements suggest that this was a casual flight.

In his glowing antlers lingered a gun-steel snake, whose black eyes looked upon the hybrid with interest. Riffffft? Mara hissed into Gaucho's mind. Yes. He agreed back silently, though there was no judgement in this observation. Unlike some, Gaucho did not harbour any resentment or fear towards those who had entered through the four various portals. Gaucho too had come from somewhere else, so what did it matter? At his side, flying swiftly but a great deal more cheerfully, Vorsa, the small orangey-red pheonix, was unbothered.

"Hale-" He called out, his voice gruff and resonant. "You fly over Dragon's Throat." The Wildfire concluded as he pulled alongside the hybrid.

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Mbizi Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The closer he got to the see the farther his heart dropped. Loneliness was quite an awful thing but to be one such as himself... he must be used to it right? You'd think so, yes, but unfortunately the hole it made in his heart grew larger each day he spent by himself... Begging to be a part of something but knowing it would not be possible. Though these lands are new, their inhabitants might be different, his heart did not want to figure it out. A fifty fifty chance seemed too much to even think about.

Until a voice from the over yonder began to bark at him. Mbizi twisted his cranium to see just what the voice traveled from and though the being was of no particular odd barring his words seemed so blunt and very to the point Mbizi felt he was intruding. Felt that he perhaps just might have angered someone, and not just someone, a person who dwelled here with the rest of them. Mbizi slowed his flight to allow the other an easy reach to his side before speaking, "I's no mean invade space, I's sight seeing sir." His speech abilities are awful and perhaps it could be the beak he bears for a mouth or the fact that he was in solitude since a child with no one to teach him how to speak properly. One or the other, his speech might even be just as 'normal' as this other mans. For he speaks in a different pattern than 'normal' it seems.

He felt it right to offer landing before continuing on a conversation in the skies as it would be much easier to stand face to face and tell each other that what needs to be said. "I's goin' to land so we talk." His face turned back towards the sea and he begins his decent. Carefully listening for the other man just incase Mbizi might be crossing some line and not allowed to land. He was prepared to open his feathers again to fly back into the blue to speak but the ground felt much easier.

The eagle stretched out his claws and prepared for an abrupt landing. Walking two or three steps before stopping. Those two or three steps he'd taken were quite wobbly, like a young childs first steps, because he was an animal of flight... and to be honest he couldn't remember the last time he'd felt anything on his feet other than large tree branches. Mbizi looked towards the one whom addressed him and waited for a sign of anything.

OOC: I apologize for the SERIOUSLY late reply. Holidays + birthday = no time for comp. I can't wait to get started with Mbizi and the Throat though! Also, I'm still not sure how I want to write him so I apologize as well for the awful writing/imagination. This post is so.. idk... to much in one post for that little amount wrote.. UGH.
TAG(s): @Gaucho 
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

Although the strange hybrid is difficult to understand, Gaucho's mind offers no judgement. He knows better than most what it is to enter into a new land, hardly speaking the common tongued. Even now, after long season under the sun in Helovia, his speech hasn't improved as much as you might think. Still his words sound stagnant, hard-edged, and likely un-reflective of his actual thoughts. But words were hard. Apparently he and the bird had that in common.

There seemed to be no obvious malice in his voice, yet Gaucho couldn't help but bristle as the hybrid indicated that he wanted to land. Just sight seeing. And now landing in Throat? The idea didn't sit well with Gaucho. Flames bristled higher on his wings as he followed the dark creature towards the bloody sands. Would they become bloodier today? If the creature was lying about his intentions to Gaucho, they certainly would. Despite the size difference between the two (could Mbizi even properly be called a stallion?), Gaucho would not shrink away from a fight.

Pulling his blackened and flaming feathers closer to his body, he followed in an elegant spiral downwards, constantly keeping his steely gaze upon the hybrid. In his antlers, Mara hissed warily, just as unsure about the bird's arrival as Gaucho was. At his shoulder, Vorsa flew unfettered by such nefarious thoughts. Unlike her two bondmates, she was perfectly content to give those around her the benefit of the doubt. And that was precisely what she was encouraging Gaucho to do now.

"This Dragon's Throat. I Gaucho the Wildfire, Sultan of these sands." Gaucho's antlered skull dipped slightly. He wasn't going to attack the creature without at least offering his name first. However would the bird know never to return here? If his intentional are ill, that was.

[I'm just as late, sorry!]

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.