the Rift

[OPEN] Hopes and Dreams

Aakesh Posts: 16
Up For Adoption
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.0 :: 3
Adoptable

It had been a while since Aakesh had strayed from the safety of his mother’s side but he was growing up now, he was going to be a big strong stallion just like his dad! Today he had chosen to leave the comfort of his mother and explore some more of the Dragon’s Throat, the land he and his dam called home. Of course he had been out before, many times in fact, but he was straying further and further away from his mother as the days went by. Of course this was to be expected, foals grow up and nothing could be done about that no matter how much the mare might wish her little colt to stay young and sweet for the rest of his life.

The sand of the desert was hot and soft under Aakesh’s onyx hooves as he pranced out from the cover of rocks to waltz proudly into the sunshine. The rays beat down upon his back, the black fur absorbing the heat and warming his body. For a moment he simply stood, enjoying the feeling of the light on his back and the desert beneath his feet. Excitement coursed through his veins though, reminding him of why he was out. The young Pegasus was determined to meet new horses and make some friends. His curiosity was set alight by the new sounds, sights and smells that assaulted his senses with such vigour that he felt like whinnying with delight. His cute little wings shifted happily as his sides, he could not as of yet fly but he longed to spread the feathers and feel the wing among them. A smile lit his face as he continued to trot in search of other horses.

------------------------------------------------
talk Thoughts Alija
Words; 290
Notes; Open to anyone :)
Tags;  

Danger? Hah!
I walk on the wild side. I laugh in the face of danger. Ha ha ha ha!

TigerStriped4 | LarissaAllen | sugarpoultry
Please tag Aakesh

[Image: comm_aakesh_by_oddmountain-d8h24aj.png]

[Image: aakesh_by_oddmountain-d8h24ke.png] Both pixels by Aud!

Shahrokh Posts: 19
Absent Abyss
Colt :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 2 years
dark
The absolute dread that crashes into me as I wake up is enough to bring a struggling cough and gasp from my throat, sides heaving as I kick out in a panic. I fell asleep to Mama humming to me, her voice smooth and sweet as honey. But I don't feel her anymore, her warmth drained from the ground, the only thing left of her is the faint scent of familiarity and something ambrosial. Those two smells were all I had to keep me from collapsing into a sobbing heap of anxiety, my awkward legs untangling as I struggle to get myself up. My little wings flail around in desperation as I rise, body teetering and knees unsteady as I take a few steps. 
I abruptly halt only three steps away, gasping in and letting out a harsh, painful cough as my body begins to violently rattle. I feel the quickening of my heart, breathes growing short and quick while the crushing weight of my fears bears down onto my chest. The terrifying, almost startling realization of my insignificant existence adds onto the fear of how vast this world stretches on, and how little I've wandered the surface. The all too overwhelming sense of existential dread weighs me down, and the pressing matter of my pathetic size compared to the rest of the world is too much. 
I crumple to the ground in bitter defeat, my lips gaping open as I suffer through the pain of breathing, my body racked with violent trembling. My cheeks are wet and stained with my pain, and my gut is churning with each exhale. The end of this fear fest is nowhere in sight (ha), my body trembling, teeth biting down on my tongue as I feel talons clench into my withers. A high pitched yelp stumbles its way out of my mouth, giving whatever landed on me quite the surprise. It takes me a quiet moment to realize that the gentle song tumbling from the taloned-thing's throat is Mama's song, and that this is probably her companion coming to watch over me. "So-sorry birdy." I stutter, swallowing the knot in my throat as I shift my weight around to make it easier for me to stand. I stand up with the zephyr stationed to my withers, weighing me down. 
Mama's bird gives me a weird little nuzzle, pressing its feathered head against my neck and giving a few gentle twitters. Mama's tried to describe her for me, but because I don't know what red, purple or blue look like, and because I don't know what birds are, I can't imagine more than a strange winged blurb that has a noodle neck and feather tufts on its head and butt. But that doesn't make any sense, and is definitely more confusing then if I had just left it as a "bird" and tried not to think about what that actually entailed. 
I take another step before a rather delighted whinny brings me to stop mid step, my failure of eyes widening as I fret getting hit. I feel my spine tingle, body tense as I prepare to get smashed into by some out of control stranger who doesn't get the memo. My sightless eyes blink slowly, head cocked and ears flicking madly as I try and find out where this mystery horse was. "words."
// @Aakesh  a total mess of a post. my apologies !!!
Shahrokh
This is the world as I see it now
Turns out that nothing is fair
credits :: table
[Image: dark1_by_schwartze-d8al7s3.png]
and this is the world as i see it now,
turns out nothing is fair