[OPEN] Forest Walks

Alune Posts: 65
World's Edge Seer atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Nova
Alune
Do not presume that just because I am a seer,
my fury has been checked

The World's Edge was a fitting place for one such as he, he'd noted once his hooves had set foot upon the soil, careful to avoid the shards of glass when they'd finally reached the Moon Goddesses' borders. With it's deep misted forests and sea breeze, Alune could feel the pangs for his home land subside in his deep chest — lulling the tumultuous waves to a silent slumber once more.

He'd spent much of the morning exploring the forest, wanting to commit every nook and over turned tree to his memory. Like Thal'Sharah, he would know this land intimately. He only ever paused once or twice in his morning walk, in order to observe something or whenever the ocean song became close once more.

This land was pure, not to say that his own was not, but pure in the sense of magical infusion. Where great crystal tree's grew in among green and purple dappled oaks, there was nothing but deep earth tones to be found here. No crystals humming in the watery groves, or priestesses carefully tending to the new life there. If he ever saw home again, this land would be the source of many tales to be told.

Unable to ignore the sound of waves breaching against earth and it's freshness carried upon the breeze no longer. Alune appeared like a phantom from the green canopy, mists releasing their tender hold upon his colossal form as cerulean hooves nestled themselves into the pasture grass. While his celestial hide bloomed under the stars, it was no less splendid in the daylight hours. Leonine tail finally breaking free from the brush, it swept across the floor long silver strands streamed between emerald blades as it came to rest nearer his hooves. 

Crowned head rose higher as he peered towards the cliff edge, content to stay in the center of the plateau for now and cast his silvery gaze towards the ocean, their serene glow highlighting his star speckled cheeks. Muscles in his body relaxing in the quietness that enveloped him. It wouldn't hurt to take a small break from exploring, the herd land was vast and the day only had so many hours within it.

Besides, maybe staying in one place would give him a greater opportunity to run into the members of his new herd.

"talk talk talk"

[Image: QsJIY4g.png]
"I have seen the movement of the sinews of the sky,
 And the blood coursing in the veins of the moon."

force & violence permitted on Alune at all times
with the exception of maiming and death

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
tembovu
Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
Long, sweeping strides of the Elephant wound his heavy body though the trees. By now, it had become a mindless walk, his body finally at home and at ease among the thick trunks. At first it had been so different from the pains of Dorobo— one could walk in an unwavering line forever there. No obstacles stood in one’s path. But here, in the misty forests of the Edge, it had taken time for the giant to learn to weave effortlessly through the trees.

But he had learned. There had been much to think on since he had arrived to Helovia, and thus much time to spend drifting between trees while lost in thought. Today was no exception, as ideas of leadership and axioms waxed and waned through his large skull. Though he had settled himself mentally into the role of lead and acknowledged the need for generalized ideals, he was not sure as to what those should be.

His maxim had been revenge and destruction until he came here. How did one build things? That was a much tougher question, indeed.

The Edge followed the shadowed path of the Moon. He had seen her at the Rift battle— had even felt gratitude towards her when she healed his melting flesh. Despite the history of her murders and devious nature, he had not encountered such things with her. Though he had felt the destructive and cold edge of her power when the Glazier magic had flowed through him.

It had been a relief to feel it drain out of him when he had mentally accepted the role of King. It had been one of the few, redeeming aspects of taking Mauja’s crown. It did not feel right to take purpose from a broken man… But not all men are created the same. Some seek purpose and labor when shattered. Others seek solitude and reflection.

Dark blue eyes blink rapidly against the sudden brightness as he breaks from the trees. A vision of their awe-inspiring cliffs blazes into his stunned retinas. As the sunspots clear, a large equine comes into focus beside him. It is nearly as large as himself and built as sturdy as his heavy frame.

Thickly horned head swivels to look at this newcomer— he must be a recruit he had not yet met. He almost frowned at the thought, for surely leaders ought to meet all newcomers passing through the glass spikes. He stored the thought for a later time.

The Elephant bobs his great head in greeting, “Hello, I’m Tembovu, King of the Edge,” it was so strange to introduce himself as such, “I’ve not seen you around yet, and I’m certain I couldn't miss one as large as myself. You’re new to the Edge?” Though he phrased it as a question, the words were more asking of the large stallion beside him. Indeed, his uniquely midnight coloring, misty mane, and bladed horns were quite a lot to ask after. A lopsided smile hovered at the corners of his thick lips as he awaited his answer.
Image|Table

MEETING OF THE TITANS! :D

Please tag Tembovu.

Nova
Alune
my fury has been checked

Bladed head turned when he realized he was no longer alone, the savannah marked stallions words reached him and pulled him from his thoughts. Had he been so wrapped up in them that he had blanked out the other entirely? He hoped not, that would make for a poor first impression, especially to the king of this herd land. He couldn't help the look of mild surprise on his face, given that there were no kings in Thal'Sharah, only Queens —though he masked it under the veil of being caught off guard which was already marked on his face.

""Greeting's Tembovu, King of the Edge." The words are warm and genuine, hopefully the elephantine stallion would stay long enough to save him from going back into himself, scouring through the mental pages in a vast library of memories, each book passed down from one that came before. And not be too offended if he had blanked him and any previous words he may have spared towards the giant.

Thick haunches moved sideways to allow him to give the stallion the proper attention he deserved, head bowed momentarily in a sign of respect. Two titans on the plateau, worlds apart in design, where his deep pelt was spun from the abyssal threads of the night and stars itself, Tembovu's was threaded from the primal strands of sun parched plains.
A king and prophet, a leader and a preacher.

""I'm quite new, Elsa recruited me but a handful of days ago." He responded, a tone of mirth and light heartedness lacing his words. ""It's rather embarrassing to be caught wandering aimlessly by a lady, and her mischievous zephr." The last part is added after a momentarily pause, and then he laughed. Yes, it would be quite hard to miss one as giant as himself — though the leviathan pair would be right at home in his homeland, and shadowed by some of the residents.

""I'm Alune, Philosopher of the Moon." He finally introduced, unable to hide his fondness for the Goddess in his announcement, pale muzzle mirroring the smile the Edge King wore. Tail swept across the ground, shaking free it's locks once more across the misted grass.

""What brings you to the cliff's, admiring the view or here to clear your mind?" 

"talk talk talk"

tembovu
His fellow giant shifts after his genuine greeting, head lowering in deference to his new crown. The Elephant is surprised that this does not feel alien or strange to him— but then, he had lived his previous life in various titles. His life had been dictated by bureaucracy and roles of power. So he simply bobbed his horn slightly in response to the celestial stallion’s half-bow.

His small smile grew to a grin as the midnight stud spoke of Elsa and her spritely companion, Edgar. He recalled the raucous the zephyr had created not long ago, drawing the Elephant to Elsa’s re-entrance to the Edge— much to the snow mare’s dismay. “Indeed, little Edgar is quite an impish companion,” his low voice rumbles in amusement through his grin.

His head swivels further towards Alune while he introduces himself as a ‘Philosopher of the Moon.’ There is no mistaking the pride in his voice— it is clear the new stallion has come to the appropriate herd if it is the Moon’s path he seeks. The thought brings another naked, Moon-praising mare to mind. He had not seen Nuray since the god battles, and a brief flash of concerned sadness flares through him. She was a herd member he had brought to the fold, and a friend.

Casting these troubled thoughts aside, his dark blue gaze sharpens on the speckled, glowing stallion before. “Philosopher of the Moon?” a low, rhetorical question rolls. He pauses, studying the astral man, “Why is it that you follow the Lady Moon’s path?” His question is simple, voice open and curious. Though it aligned with his previous musings that had plagued him as he had wandered through the trees. How (and why) to align a herd with the Moon? (without following a deviously destructive path).

Thick, black-rimmed ears twitch as he, in turn, receives a question. “Thinking, weighing thoughts and decisions. Though it’s hard to not admire the view,” his gaze and horn sweep along the spectacular cliffs as he noncommittally answers the his question.
Image|Table

This felt wordy and weird to write... I have no idea why. Just ask if something is weirdly phrased XD

Please tag Tembovu.

Nova
Alune
my fury has been checked

Ah, he had not been the only one to have Edgar's devilish ways turned upon him, and he found himself emitting a short laugh. No wonder the snow maiden seemed so exasperated by his antics. It made him wonder, were all companions prone to flights of mischievous fancy? would his own should he ever be blessed with the chance, be like Edgar? The corners of his eyes creased with mirth at the thought and he shook his bladed head. Such thoughts were for when he was nurturing one, not when he was absent of such a blessing.

"Elsa has quite the task ahead of her, if she wants to calm down those wily ways."

He wouldn't have accepted any other herd, and he was fortunate that the general had stumbled upon him first and been upfront with the World's Edge and their patron deity. It was his calling after all, he had been brought into the world marked by the Moon Mistress, his very pelt, chiseled horn and wizened eyes were her design, and he would lay upon the very earth in his death throes by her wish alone.

Alune shifted his lapis hooves lightly against the grass beneath them, head tipped forward at Tembovu's repetition of his rank. The next question was  met with surprise, which ran freely upon his lunar features. He regained his composure quickly, remembering that this wasn't his homeland and such questions should be expected, regardless of the reasons. "I've known no other path," he stated, casting his gaze upwards for a brief moment, "back in my homeland, I'm the Moon's Oracle. I was selected while still in my mother's womb to be her voice, and her mortal presence. The very hide I wear is crafted from her touch." His mind his half-caught with wondering after his mother, and her fellow priestesses. How was she handling his absence? They had never shared the regular bond of a mother and son, but he watched and cared for her deeply from his lofty and often heavy position. "I follow her no matter her incarnation. She could be the white lady I know, or the dark mistress of the Shadows. Both sides are equal representations of her great and sometimes deadly power, and both sides are needed in the balance of life."

The answer to his question is an answer, though it is as the fog that coats the forest behind them. Visible but concealing what lies beneath. "Crowns are heavy for a reason, they are not meant to be worn comfortably — unless your problems are much closer to the head and heart, in which case, emotions are also heavy for a reason." Alune responded, his words peppered with humor. "What troubles the King of the Edge?" Despite the question, he's understanding if the equally titanic stallion beside him did not want to elaborate.

"talk talk talk"

tembovu
He answered Alune’s laugh with a small chuckle of his own, “I don’t think she’d even try,” he replies through his low rumbling mirth in regards to taming Edgar’s impish spirit. It was a battle lost before even begun. And how boring the Zephyr would be, if not for his rascally ways.

His chuckle died off as the starry steed answers his question. He speaks of his home, of being the Moon’s Oracle, of being predestined for communing with the Night Woman from the womb. The Elephant’s ears flick forward, interested— for, despite being born to his abnormal height, he was not generally a believer in ‘fates’ or ‘destines.’ So to hear that another was chosen as such perplexed him.

Though it seems, as he had seen repeatedly in the Threshold, that Helovia had stripped him of his birthright. But not of his faith— no, that he appeared to retain wholly. Again, the uncertainty he had felt while mollifying Mauja and his overwhelming grief raised its perplexed head. He was not certain as to where his faith laid. Certainly it was absent in Dorobo, for those gods had died in the face of an empire’s greed.

But here, the gods were very much alive. So Tembovu face not a crisis of faith, but a burgeoning faith altogether. Where would it lead? What did it mean?

In the face of such an impressionable state, unease immediately erupted in his barrel. He was not a sheep, he had corralled and worked with sheep his entire life. He wished to make an informed decision about his faith. He needed to speak with faithful oracles, like Alune, and forsaken kings, like Mauja, and perhaps even the Moon Lady, herself. Perhaps then there would be an answer for the King.

But, now, all he knew was that faith was alive and strong in Helovia. As were the gods. So, despite his personal beliefs, his herd needed religious guidance.

He returned to the man before him, listening to his words despite his mind’s circular thinking. “The very hide I wear is crafted from her touch.” Dark blue eyes glance over it, “Ah, well that explains its magnificence,” he grins and motions his large horn over the spectacular pelt in Alune’s momentary pause between words.

He speaks of the Moon’s balance of power— perhaps the the Dark Lady is more akin to his heart than he thought. He assumed his alignment would be with the Sun… But had he not begot the fall of an Empire and death of its unjust leaders in order to ensure there was a balance of power? Food for thought, indeed. He hums in thought as the indigo man finishes his answer and, in turn, questions him.

His gaze, which had wandered to the ocean, returns to intently study the moon-marked face before meeting the strange, pupil-less eyes. “Crowns are heavy for a reason.” Were they ever, the image of a slain daughter stained with blood flashes in his mind. There was no glory in his crown, which made it all the heavier. Watching the bladed face closely, he began to answer the questions, perhaps audaciously asked, of a King, “My crown, as heavy as you call it, is also fairly new. So, aside from mastering this new duty, I also wonder what will bring the Edge together. To align its members either in ideals or in the path of the Moon, as you follow.” He pauses, watching his fellow giant, “Do you’ve any ideas?”

His question fades as he chooses not to share his own heart’s woes. There were more important matters at hand… At least, less painful ones to speak of.
Image|Table

ooc| @Alune WHY did this get so long?! I have no idea. You def don't need to match the length!

Please tag Tembovu.

Nova
Alune
my fury has been checked

Though he didn't reply to the last jest of Elsa and her companion, the humor stayed in his eyes, it peppered their never ending glow with a touch of lightness.

Alune was no stranger to dead Gods, for he saw and had heard of such tales. Through the memories of Oracles that came before, that had been gifted in his conception by the blessing of his Goddess, he saw Gods rendered and broken. Their backs twisted and gnarled against rock and river beds as they sacrificed themselves to allow his homeland another breath. Their bones left to be reclaimed by the sea and grasses they had been birthed from, they let them find peace upon the ground they had given their life to protect. To bury them in ceremonial splendor seemed foolish and trivial, a paltry offering in comparison to the battle they had fought and lost.

The memories were not pleasant, but they dwelled in his soul not to be kind, knowledgeable voices that whispered their secrets to him. They lurked his inner halls to serve as grave warnings and unbridled guides for those that came after their original owner had perished to time and fate.

See and know. Learn and reflect.

He had also met those that had lost their faith, broken warriors whose light had left them. Righteous men and women whose faith had faltered under great hardship. The lunar sentinel knew not to judge them for speaking against the Gods from such scarred, battered wells of pain. It was his duty to understand and reassure those who had traveled off the beaten path, that if they ever returned to the warmth of the moon, she would be there to welcome them back into her alabaster embrace.

Even now, when he was no longer the voice of his beloved Goddess, he remained entirely devoted to her. He would prove to her here he was worthy of her blessed gift once more.

"She certainly has an eye for detail, doesn't she?" He grinned, grand leonine tail flickered languidly with his words before another laugh rumbled deep from him. "Though, I wouldn't have said no to a pair of wings. It was rather frustrating to listen to the Time Keeper go on and on about the magnificence of her own. If I had had a coin for every time she boasted." Despite the Time Keepers rather just vanity of herself, for he could not deny she had been a thing of extreme beauty, he missed her rather bold declarations and council. As did he miss the diversity of the other Oracles.

Perhaps his words were audacious, but the lunar stallion knew that even Grand Queens and Kings needed an ear to listen to their troubled minds, one that would be truthful and bold despite the superiority of the voice that filled their ears. He had advised the ruler of his nation before, and had often been, as had the other Oracles, her unbiased and caring council when the official business had ended.

He also found it incredibly disrespectful to sugar coat and water down words spoken to a monarch, they deserved honest answers in whatever ailed them, did they not?

Tembovu's words draw a thoughtful look from him, invisible eyebrows pulling together as he mulled over a reply. "Faith one of many ways to bring a nation together," He pauses to glance at his King and then turned his gaze to the ocean, "but I also know that not everyone, no matter where you travel, feels devotion and comfort in Gods and their voices." His voice faded once more, in order to come up with other ideas that would give the elephant king a broader avenue to explore. "I do not discredit it as an avenue to follow, as I would be disrespecting the Goddess in doing so. She deserves to be at least respected by all who call her lands their home and sanctuary. The answer to your problems may be either in a celebration of the herd and land, or a task. There is much of this land that has not been utilized or built upon that could host a number of glass buildings. Or, seeing as the great wall, I assume had protected our fine land now lies shattered, a rallying to fortify our home? Before we build our glass halls."

When he's finished speaking, he casts an inquisitive glance to the plains marked man beside him. He is not privy to the woes of the heart, both by experience and concealed details by Tembovu's own doing, so he does not pry to see if there is more that troubled him. He waits for his reply to his idea's instead, while the gears of his mind turned to produce more if he finds Alune's reply lacking.

"talk talk talk"

tembovu
A broad smile replaces the interest and underlying conflict in the King’s face as Alune mentioned wings. “Ah, I can’t disagree with you there, my friend. I, too, would appreciate a pair of wings— though they’d certainly need to be large,” a low chuckle hummed in his throat that the sheer size and strength a pair of wings would have to be in order to life either of the Edge’s giants. “I think they might even make your ‘Time Keeper’ pause,” a grin turned up the corners of his broad muzzle while curiosity flared in his dark blue eyes. “Where is it you come from, Alune?” For, indeed, the stallion spoke of so many things from his home that were quite foreign to the Elephant.

He waited, in quiet patience, as the moon-coated man contemplated an answer to his question. And, deep in his barrel, he greatly appreciated the thought and time put into answered a question asked so abruptly and bluntly.

He listened closely, in silent contemplation, as the finally began to flow from the bladed horn’s lips. He, naturally, provided religion as a glue to a nation. But, to his mild surprise, in the same breath the man acknowledged the validity of those doubters of faith. Heavy brow raises at the priestly stallion as he brings up some of the projects the King had begun a season ago. His great head nods slowly, in agreement. “I’ve started a replacement of spikes for the wall. Though the toll the Moon’s magic took for building such a small amount was…” his eyes grow dark as he recalled the dark depths his crafting magic had drug him to, “…unfortunate. Perhaps a meeting of the pious and the practical would result in a better strategy for herd to unite behind safeguarding our borders.” It was a suggestion, observation, and borderline command all wrapped into his low, rumbling voice. “Or, perhaps, the Goddess, herself, has a suggestion,” a faint amount of humor and irony colored his last sentence.
Image|Table

ooc| I'm sorry for how short and crappy this is. And for how long it took. But at least it's posted ;-;

Please tag Tembovu.