the Rift

[PRIVATE] The World Inside

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

As her voice embraced the probably underrated content of the question that left her lips — A question that lacked the sense of logic in this very moment a for whoever wasn't her — a sigh in the back of her mind made known to her that this was a strange question to even have to ask. But as her words carried through the cave she realized she had closed her eyelids (That would make no sense either) and a realization started to crawl, slow and lazily. For some reason it wasn’t like a serpent-y sensation, one that was alerting and suspicious, no. No, it was more like a stream breaking loose from its meander, starting to slowly carve new paths: Paths that were something to get used to, yet with an excitement equal to a fresh adventure.

Maren listened to the words of the invisible girl, carefully, because — now she had remembered — she was fine with it, at ease with the lights being out. She would worry later what the consequences would mean for her everyday life, for right now the conversation was way to interesting. “Regretfully I've had to hear it second-hand, too,” she acknowledged; sympathized with her outspoken pity. “But I’ve been told intriguing stories about this cave-system from the son of the Moon himself, Mesec,” she smiled at the memory of the time she shared that bit of history with her that she had enjoyed so much to learn of, although she had forgotten if he had been there himself, as well. “Did you know that these caves were used to evacuate the above-land when there was some kind of pest contaminating Helovia? The land had turned dark with sickness and there were shadows spreading like a disease. It seemed that at that moment when they needed it the most, they found a safe-haven — This,” Maren’s wings spread out to subtly point out their very location. “It became the home for those from any herd and they lived underground for over a season.”  She smiled, glad she could share her knowledge with someone she recognized as either curious of the world, or someone who merely liked to see pretty things(... with the first being the preferred).

The girl said said who she was, followed by denying the fact that she had indeed turned off the lights. Of course meanwhile Maren had realized her own idiotic mistake, which was also quite embarrassing actually. So she laughed it off, which could perhaps count as equally idiotic. “—Ghá-ha, well of course I was joking,” she attempted to get herself out of it while contracting her eyebrows. A movement that was born from the disgusting cringe inside her belly; Did — I — just fake-laugh? And in case her deceit was readable from her face, she hoped the room was as dark for the mare as it was for her. However, She doubted that, because — If she wasn’t mistaken — earlier, she had heard a chuckling sound coming from the mare. Which basically meant she was into jokes and since this mare had repeated that same chuckling sound after Maren (Maren) … had joked about the lights, she could also say with certain confidence that she liked them (jokes) both ways; good and bad. “.. Yes — I mean no,” she discussed with herself, still having to adjust to the situation but wanting to answer the question according to the truth this time. (For the sake of a bright start to this new relationship). “I can see… By which I mean I have had the ability to see since I was born — just not at the moment." And she smiled, widely, because looking at the total picture, she couldn’t appear any more bizarre than this, anyway… — and no matter what everything looked better with a cherry on top. "I'm the diviner of the Throat, Maren." "I am also a very wise and serious character" she felt like adding, but stopped herself for at the time obvious reasons.

; v ; Idunno 

image credits

@Ming Yue
Please tag me 

Messages In This Thread
The World Inside - by Ming Yue - 11-13-2015, 12:02 PM
RE: The World Inside - by Maren - 12-02-2015, 08:26 AM
RE: The World Inside - by Ming Yue - 12-26-2015, 01:10 PM
RE: The World Inside - by Maren - 01-28-2016, 03:27 PM
RE: The World Inside - by Ming Yue - 01-30-2016, 03:22 PM
RE: The World Inside - by Maren - 02-07-2016, 01:39 PM
RE: The World Inside - by Ming Yue - 02-09-2016, 10:37 AM