the Rift

[PRIVATE] The World Inside

Ming Yue Posts: 36
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 6 :: Ages in Frostfall
Danjah

The sightless fae that stood before her seemed to soak in all that the azurine had to say, but in all fairness she thought how much a creature would have to take in without their sight, with all of their other senses working overtime to accommodate for the loss of pools. Yet as she came to focus in on the sightless pools of this stranger, Ming Yue felt herself looking into the golden orbs of a very beautiful creature with no sign of the blindness in her physical being. What had happened to her?

Ming Yue's attention snapped back to the pretty dame's words that poured out of her velveteens. She listened intently. It was of her own regret to not have been one to discover these caves also, and mention of a character that was particularly interesting: the son of the Moon Goddess? Hoping not to interrupt, but the gasping within her chest rumbled out and Ming Yue could not hold back with the questions,
"You mean to say that, there are demi-gods that walk amongst us? That the Moon Goddess bears a child?" How she loved to speak about her beloved Moon Goddess. If she could not meet the Goddess herself, she would dearly like to meet the prodigy, the son that her acquaintance called Mesec. Who was he? Her intrigue in that almost caused her to forget that she was speaking with an almost total stranger, and with a little embarrassment decided to try and quell what little excitement she had in her life. At this point the litte ivory and mahogany striped fae continued with little facts about the caves, which were something that caused Ming Yue to prick her lobes towards the speech and keep her cranium held high. There felt like some sort of connection as she spoke about this place being a safe haven, and Ming Yue decided to (surprisingly) confide in her counterpart about her own history, her tone reminiscent of the old days, "That is incredible to hear about such things. It only makes me feel more strongly about this place, having come from a disease-ridden place myself," she took one look around the one cave room they were in with the crystals surrounding them, causing a beautifully pale glow, "How I would have loved to find this place as sanctuary back then..." To learn about some of the history of Helovia caused the azurine fae to feel perhaps a bit more emotionally about her new homeland. For a time she had been so reluctant to consider this place home, but somehow the historical words of this beautiful creature made it seem like the best thing that had ever happened to her. She smiled back as the creature threw her own smile at Ming, and the tone was parallel to her warmth towards the stranger, "You would make an excellent history teacher, I would love to hear more of Helovia's stories should you have them."

A laugh spread from her chest as she pretended to joke about asking if Ming had turned the lights off. A rather unattractive snort arose from her own velveteens as she replied humorously, "Joking indeed, I would have thought exactly the same if it were midday!" It seemed that her embarrassment had flooded through her bodice, as the Riftian could see through the darkness rather well and scoured the girl's skull and spotted the ook of embarrassment. But she did not dwell on this for fear of upsetting the already crippled creature by means of lack of sight. To mock was to become another bully, and Ming Yue did not know just how badly it would affect the fae. And so the conversation flowed back to the topic of her eyesight, something that Ming Yue's thoughts were currently fixed on. She cocked her skull to one side as she wondered what her acquaintance meant by that. But she was soon answered with an explanation as best as she could. This seemed to leave the cool fae only a little less confused, to which her intrigue reached through to her vocal chords, "So you have only recently lost your sight? And not at the moment?" How could you be temporarily blind, she thought silently. It must be a Helovian thing. Finally, however, Ming Yue was able to put a name to a face: Maren. The creature full of beauty was Maren, and made clear her herd, to which Ming dipped her pretty cranium towards her and spoke once more, "You are the first I have met from the Dragon's Throat, Maren. It is an honour," she piped up once more to ask one more question, hoping not to overwhelm the blind female, "What is the Throat like? I myself come from the Aurora Basin, but..." Her words halted as she tried to come to terms with whether she did actually come from there. Was she ready to call the Basin home?

" . "

@Maren

Please tag Ming Yue in all threads! ♥

Messages In This Thread
The World Inside - by Ming Yue - 11-13-2015, 12:02 PM
RE: The World Inside - by Maren - 12-02-2015, 08:26 AM
RE: The World Inside - by Ming Yue - 12-26-2015, 01:10 PM
RE: The World Inside - by Maren - 01-28-2016, 03:27 PM
RE: The World Inside - by Ming Yue - 01-30-2016, 03:22 PM
RE: The World Inside - by Maren - 02-07-2016, 01:39 PM
RE: The World Inside - by Ming Yue - 02-09-2016, 10:37 AM
RE: The World Inside - by Maren - 02-15-2016, 11:38 AM