the Rift

[OPEN] like a dark paradise

Esk Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

let me kiss you in the pouring rain</style>
cause you and I, we were born to die</style>

It has been some time since I fell into this world, and in that time the illness has only grown worse. Weeks flash past in an unrecognizable haze of mornings and evenings, hunger and pain. On fragile limbs I wander, heedless to the hazards of this land, seeking my only solace, the inevitability of Death. Since my birth I have waited for Him to arrive; and now seems an opportune time, as I stagger unclaimed through dazzling clouds, lost and abandoned and without a soul to carry my troubles. Will you come now, lover, and take me into your dark embrace? I am ready, I think, as the nights grow colder and the days grow long. I am ready, as my body grows weaker and my breathing grows hoarse.

I am ready, I think as I lay my body down, no longer capable of wielding its weight. It is astounding I have gotten this far, though perhaps it is not so far after all. I have little concept of this brave new world, the Helovia I fell into when the Rift was torn apart.

I am somewhere cold, and lush- quite lovely, really. It is a shame I shall never explore it, never dance beneath the sunlight which pierces my eyes through lowered lids. The scent of tundra floats cheerily on an afternoon breeze. I can hear bees, and smell flowers, and I sigh deeply with a quiet content, ignoring the aching of my every bone. Not for the first time I wonder if I am dead, if this is the afterlife, if I am being tested by my Lord- a bittersweet idea. There is so much I should have liked to accomplish before dying. 

Alas, it is too late now. I hear his hoofprints coming, crunching distinctly through the dry tundra grass. What will He look like, my elusive betrothed? So many images have formed in my mind, yet I know that none can ever measure up. Even now I do not open my eyes, though anticipation flutters in my fragile heart. Will He be gentle? Will He be rough? Is He capable of loving meas I love Him- yes, I love Him, as much as I avoid coming face to face with my love. For I love the world, too, love sunlight and springtime and flowers, love running up mountains and swimming through rivers. And the day He comes to claim me, I know that I shall lose this world forever.

I am not ready for that, not yet.

I am not strong enough for Him yet.

I open my eyes, but do not turn my head. He is behind me, always behind me, a physical presence, a promise of what my future holds. "Please," I whisper into the eternity we are destined to share. "I think I should like to live a little longer still."

It is up to Him, now, because I am His, but a part of me prays He will understand. After all, we have forever; this world is a mayfly, compared to the one I shall soon share with him. Sore muscles work to press into the ground, shifting my prone form that I might successfully turn around and, a smile on my lips, face my Death.

Open!

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie

Sialia

I tried to sell my soul last night, it's funny he wouldn't even take a bite.

A troubled mind is mine today. I wander from the Basin, moving up into the frostbreath steppe. The summer is like spring time, green shoots and blossoms. It isn't excessively warm, nor to cold... No, it is just right.

But I cannot think of how nice it is here right now. No, what plagues the mind is the lack of effort in our troops. The thought angers me. Even Caleb, who I thought might be a good recruit... He didn't show. No, even he has disappointed me. Rikyn has disappointed me as well, and to top it off? Our general seems to have abandoned us in our time of need, leaving myself and Ki'irha to take over in his absence. No, only anger rushes through me now. Anger pulses in my veins. Anger drives me forward. Taking me away from it all. Getting myself a hell of a break. 

Maybe I will abandon as well? Leave the rotting lot to try and fend for themselves? No. I was going to make a name for myself. But maybe I would find myself someone nice looking.. Jump his bones? Or maybe crunch them?

A sick laugh escapes my lips. There is nothing happy about it, only anger and sickness. I was over it. And some soldiers where going to get their bones crunched. A rustle catches my attention, and my head flicks over, catching sight of a hare. A sadistic smiles creeps up my lips. The race was on. I spin on my haunches and leap towards it. My legs cover lots of ground, and the hare takes off in it's fast little way. It's been too long, much much too long. Ah, but I have played this game much before... And you little hare are no much for me.

In one final swoop, my head dips down, and in a screech, death takes it. One less pesky little hare. My jaw snaps, and the satisfying crunch of bones sends a shiver down my back. It was only then that I heard the voice of the woman. My head lifts, only to find her there, and saying something about wanting to live a little bit longer. One ear flicks back, and I drop the hare, blood dribbling down my jaw and dripping onto the ground. "I didn't mean to frighten you, but I was only after the hare. Honestly." My head cocks to the left slightly, and I walk towards her. 
"Are you well? If not, the Basin isn't to far, we have healers." For the moment I am distracted from wanting to crush my soldiers, both physically and mentally.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @[Esk]
Words;;
Notes;; Sia likes to kill fuzzy things xD

Credits: Image by semper
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!