the Rift

[PRIVATE] I share my Secrets with you...

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
From darkness I understand the night;
dreams flow, a star shines
Ah!
     I desire Evenstar.
The blue mare’s attention is pulled away from the colorful creatures when the stallion speaks, one ear tipping daintily forward to cup his deep voice. He explains what little he knows about these glowing jellyfish, all information—no matter how small—that is absorbed readily, eagerly. Tiamat is ever curious of the world around her, never tiring of learning and studying what she can. Nature has so much to offer them, and she would hate to miss a moment of its incredible beauty; it warms her heart to know that Nox must feel the same way.

A short glance is cast to his rugged face, bright eyes shining with a happy wonder. “You’re probably right,” her voice is mingled with laughter, blending delightfully with his broader tones as the merry sounds fade gently into the warm night. The ocean mare has never seen anything like these little marvels before—her dear friend has certainly stumbled upon a phenomenon. “Wow,” she breathes wondrously, turning her attention again to the colorful waters, “It makes you wonder, doesn’t it? What else might be out there—what other hidden treasures Helovia has tucked away somewhere.” This is a wonder that Tiamat has often entertained.

Of course, there is not a doubt in her mind that there are many other spectacles like this one—somewhere, tucked into the quietest corners, where only those who are searching will find them. Perhaps, some she has already found. Her thoughts drift to the glowing room in the Heart Caves, a beautiful and thriving biome that is sheltered from the outside climate; and the lake that never freezes, forever mirroring the northern lights with remarkable clarity—a phenomenon in her own beloved home.

She sighs wistfully, never tired of admiring her mountain home. Nox’s tender compliment rouses the mare from her thoughts, long lashes blinking slowly over her eyes, and a tender smile lilts her soft lips. “You’re too kind, my friend,” velvet muzzle is extended to touch his shoulder, nostrils quivering with a gentle sigh. Tiamat moves while he continues, illustrating his discovery of this extraordinary place, her slender body parallel to his as they stand shoulder-to-shoulder. His immediate awe does not surprise her. “I don’t see how you couldn’t! Look at them—they are, just—breathtaking!

It’s almost as if words cannot accurately describe what they are witnessing. The ocean mare feels honored, grateful, and blessed to be able to share this phenomenon with the black stallion. Any reservations that she might have had about his past are simply shadows now. They are forgotten, let go, and chased away by happier, humbler things.

She watches him speak, smiling all the while, the gesture growing excitedly when his words direct her eyes towards the jellyfish. “You really think so?” The dancing lights reach up to highlight her features, the enthusiasm on her face very childlike as she watches them, completely captivated by wonder. A few minutes pass before Tiamat quiets, her expression growing more whimsical. “They remind me of dusk—that moment when the sun’s light is still reaching over the horizon, but the stars have already come out, twinkling with the colors,” an unconscious, tender smile softens her lips, and she rests her head against the stallion’s shoulder, breathing quietly, “It’s like a dream.”

“Speech.”
@Mortuus Nox | image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
I share my Secrets with you... - by Mortuus Nox - 11-15-2015, 02:37 PM
RE: I share my Secrets with you... - by Tiamat - 11-17-2015, 02:41 PM
RE: I share my Secrets with you... - by Tiamat - 11-28-2015, 12:35 AM
RE: I share my Secrets with you... - by Tiamat - 12-31-2015, 03:02 AM
RE: I share my Secrets with you... - by Tiamat - 02-03-2016, 03:40 AM
RE: I share my Secrets with you... - by Tiamat - 02-19-2016, 02:47 PM