the Rift

Change is the Law of Life

Morenth Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

MORENTH

The air was warm and the sun was starting make it's climbing the sky when Morenth finally reached World's Edge. It had taken him longer than he would've liked to travel the length back to the land he now called home, but he was glad to finally be back. Morenth traveled through the trees, glancing up as every so often he noticed movement, other residents marching towards the center of the land. He did not think much on it at first, his mind was tired as his body was sore. Small cuts and bruises covered him, results from the battle of the Tiger God, but none were as sore as his ribs. Each time he took a breath in, a sharp pain sprang up along his side and he quickly let it go, regretting his need to breath. He wandered through the trees until they began to disperse around him and make way for the rolling green hills that made up World's Edge. 

He did not notice the gathering at first but as he continued on he began to become aware of voices in the clearing. Loud and strong, among others as well as movement up ahead. Drifting through the last part of the forest, the striped unicorn emerged, tired and weary but curious as to what was going on. A large crowd had gathered around one horse in particular who was speaking to them. Morenth heard snippets, bits here and there as he got closer. His gaze swept over the crowd, but there was few he recognized, save for the white filly who he'd briefly seen falling before he attacked the tigress. Quiet as a shadow he lingered among the outer edge of the group, ears pricked forward despite the weariness deep in his eyes. 
notes: 
sorry about being late, I had not realized there was a meeting going on >///<

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

There was too much change in such a short period of time. Too much fighting, too many injured, too many deaths, too many new rulers. The world was moving too fast and Evangeline just wanted it to stop so she could catch her breath, but the world moved on and she was dragged along with it.

Honestly, the orange mare wanted nothing more than to  keep gathering and drying herbs that she could use for healing, but Tallis had nagged her far too long after the pair had heard Tembovu's call. He tugged at her mane, prodded her mentally, until she finally gave in and made her way to the meeting. She was somewhere in the back, hidden behind the crowd that had already gathered, but she still heard Tembovu speak her name along with Alysanne's and a mare she had yet to meet and introduce them as the Moon Doctors.

"I want to. I love Lady Moon, too..."

Evangeline recognized the child's voice immediately and she made her way slowly through the crowd until her eyes fell upon Erthë's tiny body. She looked so excited, too excited almost, to help the Seer. It had been a rank that she had coveted, herself, but now wanted little to do with.

"Remove the feather." She murmured through her bond to Tallis. 'What?' She could feel his confusion. "The Goddess' feather in my mane. Take it out and bring it to Erthë." There was no reluctance from the dragon as his clawed fingers worked the feather free of Evangeline's mane. Once it was free he flew toward the filly and hovered over her as he tied the feather into the girl's mane. Once his task was completed he returned to his bonded, landing heavily on her back. Eva waited for the filly to look in her direction, a soft smile on her lips directed only for her should she look her way.

ooc://
Evangeline is giving Erthë her Moon Goddess feather
Chan, if you don't want it tied in Erthë's mane let me know and I'll edit my post

Calista Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Courage is knowing what not to fear.

"My deepest apologies. I did not intend to arrive so late! Please forgive me." The woman stammered, approaching the group of horses. She had not realized there was a meeting. Scolding herself for being so stupid, Calista took her place among the members of the Edge. Quickly, the mare's cheerful disposition returned to her. She did not want to be rude, or interrupt the others, so she did not do anything more but search for the scarce familiar faces in a congregation of strangers. Tembovu, who she had met briefly, was leading the discussion. He mentioned names both foreign and familiar. More interestingly, he was king now. The mare did not know what to make of this, nor did she possess the knowledge to form an opinion. After all, she had not been here that long. However, she was glad for Tembovu. He seemed worthy of such a great role. 

There was pleasant chatter between all of the animals as they discussed the latest events and news taking place in there lives. Calista hadn't much to say, as hers had not been significantly busy. The tobiano mare exhaled calmly. Her orbs flickered about, searching for someone to strike up a conversation with. She absolutely despised silence. She spotted Mauja, who stood next to Naerys. He looked defeated, his eyes dark. There were more familiar faces about her. Morenth had just arrived as well. Alysanne, who was also a Moon Doctor, stood silently. Excitement filled Calista's chest upon spotting her. Without hesitation she made her way over to the other painted mare. She tried her hardest not to seem too hurried or overly joyful as she advanced. With a polite dip of her dished muzzle, she greeted the pegasus softly. "Hello! You are Alysanne, I presume. I'm Calista, a fellow Moon Doctor of the Edge. I cannot express how much I have been wanting to meet you. I was hoping that you'd be able to teach me some of what you know sometime? If you have the time, that is. I understand you must be quite busy." 

"Talk?"

image credits

@Alysanne

Vadim Posts: 106
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Vlasi :: Common Rougarou :: Water ali
 Vadim

hello teacher tell me whats my lesson

look right through me
                                                                     look right through me

He feels like the healers from the other herds were useless in healing his daughter's legs. Nothing they did worked and it makes him think that if the healers from other herds couldn't heal her that the healers in their own herd would be unable to, as well. He feels comfortable leaving Erthë in the care of the Edge, under the watchful eye of Tembovu, as he ventures off to try and find someone that can be useful, but his search turns up absolutely nothing and he returns to the Edge more frustrated and hopeless than when he left. He finds himself wishing more and more that Shadow was still with him because he is confident that together the both of them would be able to figure out a way to help Erthë.

When he arrives a meeting is on progress and he realizes as he sees Tembovu conducting the meeting that he is terrible lost on current events due to his absence. He can only assume that the gigantic stallion is the new herd leader, but that is the least of his concerns. He and Vlasi make their way through the herd as he seeks out his daughter, but she is standing with Tembovu, hugging him. There is a surge of jealousy that strikes right to the core of Vadim's heart and he frowns as he watches them together, but there is nothing he can do at that moment.

His head tilts and he watches his child as she stands with Tembovu and he hopes that she takes notice of him and can see him mouth I missed you to her. He hopes that she will come to him, that she will hug him so he can hold her and tell how much he missed her and how much he loved her. And so he can tell her why he was gone and that he hadn't abandoned her, but that he was trying to find a way to help her. He just hopes that she is not so angry at him that she ignores him, but if that is the case he figures he'll just have to find a way to make it up to the only girl (sorry Vlasi) in his life that holds his heart.

"."

Credits

Icon by Tay

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Alysanne
It can’t have been that long since their last herd meeting but, truthfully, Alysanne didn’t even remember if there had been a formal meeting when Mauja and Torleik had become leads in the Edge. The number of bodies that begin to gather surprises her though and she wondered when the Edge had become a herd again instead of a collection of leftovers from other herds after the invasion. Standing near her sister, Alysanne allowed her gaze to wander to those that came - offering a small smile to all that she knew. Elsa, Nyx, Anzanie. Naerys, of course, does not join her. It only took a quick look around for her to spot the girl, glued forever to the side of Mauja. The jealousy that Alysanne felt was fierce, rising with the anger she did not yet know how to control - so new of an emotion to her.

But she, she assured herself, there were worse sides that Naerys could be clung to.

Her attention is brought forward toward Tembovu once more, powerfully curious about what reason he had to bring them together - and when it comes out, it surprises her. Not because she thought him incompetent - but it had not been long at all since their new kings had been decided upon by trial. How many faces would the Edge see on the throne this year? She did not know that Sno was related to Mauja or she might have understood better his reasons for abdicating, might have appreciated it more that he was actually staying around afterwards unlike so many of the others. , The politics of kings and queens were usually out of her grasp and it seemed that would not change any time soon.

Besides, she was distracted from her thoughts when it was announced that her sister had been promoted. A bright grin flared up at the thought and she reached over to nudge Iona in congratulations.

The name spoken alongside hers and Evangeline’s is unknown to her - which is not altogether surprising in this sea of strangers but she wondered who Calista was - oh, but she did not have long to wait to find out. A smiling, energetic face parted from the crowd and came towards her - instantly wrapping her up in an enthusiastic introduction that was not, she recalled, unlike herself when she had first come to the post. A warm smile lit up Alysanne’s emerald eyes in response, already thinking that Calista’s energy might be just what they needed. “It’s a pleasure to meet you as well Calista, and congratulations on becoming Moon Doctor! Of course I’d love to teach you all that I know and I look forward to learning from you as well.” The smile felt fake to her but it was sincere - she just did not smile much lately. “What do you say we find Evangeline after this meeting is over and have one of our own?” It was past time for the healers to gather together so they could see who made up their ranks, anyway.

everybody heals with love
Image Credit
table by Sevin <3

@Calista
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark
to die by your side,
I watched as others arrived, careful to try and hide my appearance if any were to look my way, but it failed as a little porcelain filly looked my way. I was ready to turn and find my way into a more hidden spot before I noticed the smile she had sent me. I felt my heart pump slightly, the distance I had from the mammoth creature and the rest of those that had gathered made it difficult to see if it were a nervous type of smile or a genuine, happy to see you here, smile. My glassy eyes watched intently as the scene unfolded before me while my mind desperately tried to grasp the fact that the little filly might not have been frightened of me after all.

I was saved from my thoughts when Tembovu spoke. So many things had changed, and yet as I heard the name Mauja, my eyes shifted to seek out the spotted stag who also hung to the outskirts. My heart yearned for him, I didn’t know who Sno was, but I could see a dejected posture of the stag as he stood and listened. I, myself, stayed silent as he continued to speak. Raising an eyebrow to the idea of being a crafter, I watched carefully for different faces in the herd as Tembovu spoke of their names. He lastly spoke of being a Seer for the Moon Goddess and I snorted quietly to myself. What good did Gods do anymore? They weren’t ever helpful back home, but as I watched the mammoth speak I pushed the thought aside. Then the little filly spoke and I watched her with such a curiosity that it nearly hurt my heart. She was so intent on learning from the Goddess that I only wished I had as much innocent curiosity as I once did. Had nothing happened to me like it had, perhaps I’d be so blind in trusting gods as well.

But they happened to me, and I wasn’t about to let it happen again.

"Talk."
—is such a
heavenly
way to die.
image credits

Alune Posts: 65
World's Edge Seer atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Nova
Alune the Philosopher

Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Alune's head turned to survey each and every individual who had been summoned, they linger ed for a moment on Elsa and Hera, concern swirling in ever churning orbs before he moved on. He would have to find Elsa and the dark filly after the meeting and find out how she was faring, and see if Edgar had found any trace of her wayward mother. His eyes returned to Tembovu, long leonine tail flicked idly across the misted grasses as he listened.

Talk of Doctors, Crafters, Warriors and Spies. All are vital in the lifeblood of a herd, and he's surprised to find there are not more that are inspired to join the cause. Were none inspired to take one of the many paths? There is little enthusiasm from members not named in Tembovu's speech, and his brow creased with the thought. His darkened features lightened the moment the Moon Goddess was mentioned, the lunar sentinel standing to attention when Tembovu made the announcement. Pride bloomed as a flower in his chest, genuine and as bright as the moons radiant glow. To serve the Goddess was an honor and a privilege, and to guide her followers and commune with her on behalf of the herd was something that should never be taken lightly. He nodded his thanks to the great Stallion in front of him, words would fail to do his thanks justice. His gaze is then drawn to the alabaster filly which voiced her desire and love for the Lady and he turned to her to give her his full attention.

She is delicate in design, moonstone dusted upon her pelt, a glorious crown of frosted porcelain which sat upon her brow so finely and the sea in her eyes. Even though he saw the breath of water in her turquoise orbs, he saw the fire of hope burn far greater in them. Alune could not refuse her plea, he would not deny her a path she wanted to follow so brightly. He lowered his horned head in a bow to the petite Lady. "You are most welcome under the light of the Moon Goddess." He replied, voice gentle and warm. "I would be honoured to have you assist me."

The lunar sentinel let a moment of silence pass between them, then he realized he did not ask the white filly her name.

"What do I call my young assistant?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notes;;

"talk talk talk"

Image Credit

@Erthë
[Image: QsJIY4g.png]
"I have seen the movement of the sinews of the sky,
 And the blood coursing in the veins of the moon."

force & violence permitted on Alune at all times
with the exception of maiming and death

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
E r t h ë
"And now I wish to God that The earth would turn cold
And my heart would forget it's made of glass"

Their eyes met, soulful windows of moon-white and sea-green, and a quiver rippled through the young fae, a quiver of excitement too great to fully contain. The moments that passed between her question and his reply dragged, stretched into the likeness of eons or eternities - but once his lips parted her worry turned instantly into blinding jubilation. The smile that broke out across her pale face was radiant and filled with pure, joyous happiness, almost forceful in its naive gratitude. Erthë's heart was vast and generous, and with only these few words Alune had been added to the ever growing list of individuals to whom she extended her love and loyalty.

"Thank you!" the filly breathed, positively beaming with delight. "I won't let you regret this, I promise. My name is Erthë - I am honored to be accepted as the Seer's assistant."

She bowed back, inclining her head gracefully while spreading the soft, downy wings in humble deference. Her heart raced beneath the ribs once she made to straighten herself up, mind already spinning with questions about her new station, but before she had a chance to return to Tembovu and the meeting, a bright shadow whispered over to her from across the gathered horses. Leathered wings stirred the air as Tallis hovered over her, his talons tickling as they busied themselves with something in her mane. Erthë tried to look and stand still at the same time, but couldn't see what it was he'd done until he backed away, already on his way back to Eva. Curiously the girl stretched back and searched the pale curls, her eyes widening as they landed on a feather now braided into the silky strands. It was quite large, of a vibrant lavender hue she had seen once and never been able to forget, and from the shimmering downs drifted a dark, gaseous substance, like smoke or dark mist.

Slowly she turned to look at the Moon Doctor, shock and numb disbelief combating the deepest gratitude all across her face. Erthë wanted to say something, object and protest; this was a gift too great to accept. A feather from the Goddess herself - how could Evangeline possibly give it away!? But when their eyes met the healer just smiled, and at once the hybrid lass realized that the healer wasn't going to take no for an answer. Recognizing defeat when she saw it Erthë inclined her head towards the mare in a serious little bow, words utterly failing her; accepting the gift, though she quietly swore to herself to repay the woman someday, if she ever got the chance.

Breathing deeply the young filly let her eyes sweep across the gathering, overwhelmed by these sudden turns of events. The day seemed much brighter now for some reason, as though luck had added its own light to the brilliant sunlight. It was dazzling, she had to squint as she absently studied the faces in the crowd, and as such it took her a while to register his presence. She couldn't say when he'd arrived, if he'd been there all along or just joined in with the meeting; all she knew was that seeing his face made the day turn from successful to perfect. He was too far away for quiet words and the dove didn't want to disrupt the meeting more than she already had by calling out or shove her way over to him; but she saw his mouth move in silent murmurs and smiled back at her father, happier than she could say that he was there to see her in her moment of triumph.

Would he be proud of her, now that she had been accepted as the Moon Seer's acolyte? Would he approve of her love for the Lady, of Tembovu as a leader, of her friendship with all these grown up, powerful horses? They had always been vagabonds, roamed from place to place and belonged only to one another; him, her and Shadow. Once that had been enough. Once, Erthë would have been content to always be like that; roam with the wind, answer to no one and care for none but herself. But now that she had seen what life in a herd could be like she found that she liked it, wanted to be a part of it. Would he understand that, accept that she loved not only him, but every single soul that called this misty forest home?

Erthë hoped so, and so she smiled at her father for a while longer before, finally, turning her attention back towards the King of World's Edge.

"And all the pretty tulips would disappear
And never disturb me again"

@Alune @Evangeline @Vadim

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

Arah

All these days I've been broken and hopeless and I 
I don't feel like I'm coping, I'm hoping that I
Can live and let go, so I can get through it.

To say her last herd meeting hadn't gone well was an understatement. Disowning, betraying and insulting had been the topics of her last meeting. The silver doe prayed that this one would run a little more smoothly. Wynter urged her forward, telling her that she was late. The doe however dawdled, not paying much heed to her companion's urging. After all, she had a bad track record. Surely it couldn't get much worse?  

Making her way through her new home, the doe did her best to find her way through The Edge. Wynter guided from above, able to see more than her mistress. Hurrying more now she wove her way through the trees and finally came upon her new family. So many where gathered, listening to the stallion who'd found her collapsed against a tree not too long ago. It seemed not she would now be serving a new King. A frown creased her brow, true enough she'd come to serve Mauja yet after being saved by Tembouv she could not find fault in this decision. So as he announced himself as the new King, Arah ever so slightly nodded her head. This was in no way her giving 'permission'[ for Tambour to be King, more that she would give him a chance and allow him to take the reins of leadership without opposition. It was more a nod to herself and Wynter. She would follow him as long as he proved loyal to his own subjects. 

As each name was mentioned and added to a specific rank, the doe tired to seek out each member that had spoken. Recognising a few of their fighters, mostly because she'd spotted them in a pervious invasion made her gut twist. Would they accept her or would her presence only cause upset? Now she was concerned that she was thinking herself more important than she actually was!'To'g go bog 'e' The iced princess glanced towards Wynter, her instruction to calm down hadn't been needed, Arah was already well aware that she had been overthinking the entire situation. A new lead crafter, they'd had a few crafters in The Basin it was strange to think there was only one that could serve the herd's crafting needs. Ophelia, that was a name she knew well. A mare that she had bowed to, yet strangely there was little emotion attached to her memories of the mare. Next game the Moon doctors, their healers. Her eyes darted around those gathered before returning to Tembouv.

At the mention of the Seer position Arah perked up. She'd never had much to do with the Gods, a few sparse meetings here and there, an off chance meeting. Perhaps this was the change she'd needed, no longer spying and sneaking but time spent learning about her new home and their patron Goddess. "I too, wish to join the ranks of the Seers." Stepping forward she spoke softly to her new King. Golden eyes dancing between him and Mauja who she'd only just spotted. "I will learn more of our Goddess and this maginicant land."
Credit
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Hesperos Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Hesperos

Exploring the far reaches of World’s Edge brought him through a copse of trees, glancing around at the sky visible through the parting of leaves. Still he attempted to become more comfortable in the strangeness of this new land, and all the new people he’d come across. Meandering along in a casual way he head a voice crack across the sky like thunder — ‘to me!’

Though it’d been weeks since he’d been in the influence of a herd he knew the familiar calls and drew himself through the trees, towards the origin of the booming voice. If nothing else, it would do for him to make himself more familiar with the herd he currently occupied. A meeting would give him the chance to know each of the members.

Slipping through a parting in the trees he roved his eyes over all the equines gathered. More than he’d imagined. Their leader was already making his announcements and at the notion of a spector caught his attention. Though he was new he would perhaps be able to gain the position in order to hold a better understanding of the world around him. Stepping forward, he lowered his head in a pronounced bow. ”My King. In a previous life I was able to learn the knowledge of stealth. I hope to assist your spectors with my skills.”  Raising his eyes in deference he lifted his head, subtly sizing up the leader of this herd. Even with Hesperos’ height he was still a full hand shorter than Tembovu, built broader than Hesperos as well. Still, he was careful to keep his true intentions to himself.

ooc;; pardon the lateness!

you will pray to the god that you always denied
jsbanks42 @flickr.com

Calista Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Courage is knowing what not to fear

"Thank you, Alysanne." Calista was glad to be met with kindness, as she hadn't been sure what to expect. Now, she was certain that they could become great friends, especially with their shared love of contributing to the World's Edge through the nonviolent art of healing. "That would be splendid! I haven't yet met Evangeline, but would be thrilled to meet her. I apologize if I come off as overwhelming, I can't help my excitement. It's just that I am itching to learn from you, and there is so much to discover that I don't know how I'll manage to take it all in. The knowledge of medicine I possess is not nearly as great as what I would like to know. One could call me zealous, but I figure that ambition is the path to success." 
Calista did not hesitate to express her keenness. She was still getting used to the idea of being surrounded by so many compelling horses. The Edge was like no place she had seen before, and neither were its inhabitants. Her gaze drifted across the bunch as she stood beside Alysanne. The buzz of conversation filled her ears, echoing across the greenery. It felt marvelous away from the cool shade of the trees. Afternoon light filtered beyond the canopies and into the clearing, adding to the warm atmosphere below. 
It seemed that it was time for a new era in the Edge. A time of great change had come upon them, with Mauja stepping back from his role as King after the death of his daughter. Calista was sorry for him, even though she hardly knew the spotted stallion and had never met this Snö. She could not imagine the heartache he must be feeling. Calista suspected that Tembovu's leadership was in the herd's best interest. The last thing they needed was a monarch who was too caught up in his grief to keep the herd in order. 
Focusing back in on Tembovu's announcements, and watching as the Seers stepped up before him, Calista wondered about the gods here in Helovia. They were different from the gods of her homeland. Calista hardly believed in gods anymore. Even news of the Rift battles had already proven to the unicorn that the gods condoned suffrage. Besides, too many tragic things had taken place in her life. She no longer had the confidence that gods could bring little other than death and destruction into her life. The woman always kept her opinions on the gods to herself. She did not wish to offend anyone.

"Talk?"

image credits

@Alysanne

d'Arcy Posts: 21
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 2 years :: Tallsun HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Laine
d'Arcy was an odd child in the sense that she wasn't very childlike at all. Hey body was still small, ill-proportioned, and slightly awkward as most foals were at her age, but she didn't flop around like they did, didn't launch herself carelessly from one spot to the next as a means of discovering the world around her. No, more often than not she was still as stone, with eyes sober, watchful and mercilessly intent on whatever held her focus. She stood near her mother, while her brother circled them restlessly, but unlike her dearly beloved Libertad, she took her mothers words to heart and watched.

It fascinated her. Never before had she seen so many horses gathered together and it was not lost on her how they all seemed to watch the big one, Tembovu... She remembered him vaguely from the day she had come into the world, but despite his size she had been more interested in her brother, and in her father on that day. Déodat had drawn her to him with his sameness but before she could investigate the big one had driven him away. d'Arcy's eyes narrowed at the flickering memory as she watched the newly crowned Elephant King.

This was to be her first exposure to power... not magic, she'd seen her mother and brother wield such but that was different from what the stallion worked.

Power.

She didn't understand the concept, not fully, nor why it drew her attention like a moth to a flame. He spoke and others responded. He gave orders, made assignments, and no one seemed to question or argue, but fell in line with his will. It was a beautiful, beautiful thing. Politics, her mother had said, watch the others and learn, and d'arcy watched. d'Arcy learned.

The only thing that could have diverted her attention was Libertad. Her brother's pacing and boredom soon pulled at her enough to turn her cobalt eyes away from her sociology lesson. She frowned slightly, instantly unhappy to see him so discontent. As much as she might have liked to stay and bombard her mother with questions about the whos and whats and whys of this grown-up's meeting, her brother's happiness, as it always had, took precedence over her every desire. She pulled at her lips to smile for him and moved to tug affectionally at his mane in order get his attention. "C'mon." she whispered and then slunk off into the misty forrest and away from the meeting.

ooc// Woooo ambition-baby is heeeeere! @Nyx @Libertad
You'll see her in your nightmares, you'll see her in your dreams
She'll appear out of nowhere but she ain't what she seems
when I tell you that i love you
don't test my love
accept my love, don't test my love
cause maybe i don't love you all that much

Rohan Posts: 132
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 :: 8 years HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Éomer :: White-tailed Eagle :: Scream Reli
lend me your hand and we’ll conquer them all,
but lend me your heart—
Only a handful of individuals arrive after the Warlander, though his eyes do not linger on them for long. For a rare moment in his life, Rohan’s attention is focused solely for another male, the mammoth of a stallion that stands at their head. Dark-rimmed ears swivel once before pressing forward, cupping Tembovu’s booming voice when it rumbles from his chest. The name Snö means nothing to the antlered warrior. He knows nothing of the mare that had fallen, and is ignorant to her relation to the spotted stallion; were he a more observant character, Rohan might have put the two and two together (judging by Mauja’s dejected state) but he is not, and so the connection remains lost to him.

All the same, his focus is quickly swept elsewhere when Tembovu continues, announcing himself as their new king. It is a surprise for the Warlander, and he casts a sharp glance towards Mauja, something between curiosity and disbelief playing along his features. How recently had the spotted stallion stepped down? Why had he done so? Flicking the thick length of his unruly tail, Rohan shifts his weight, pressing his lips together when he returns his attention to their newly-appointed leader.

He listens quietly as the elephant speaks, giving him a curt nod when his name is spoken, a sense of pride flaring through him. He does not love the Edge like some of the others here, but it gives him something to protect, gives him purpose, and he loves it for that. Looking to the horned behemoth, it doesn’t take long for the Warlander to decide on an opinion. While he doesn’t take particularly well to authority of any kind, he is glad to be under the direction of Tembovu—the man is just, he thinks, unlike the king he had grown up under. Tembovu will do them good. Seeking the other stallion’s eyes in the throng of people, he offers him a quiet nod of approval, of respect.

“Speech.”
AND I’LL JUST LET YOU FALL.
rohan
image credits
[Image: 57c5195f31f1b_by_relibelli-db9li1z.png]
please tag Rohan in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow
When her son arrives, he comes with a bombardment of questions - and a trail of blood-roses, but that's only mildly worrying. She feels a smile tug at her muzzle, along with a resigned sigh. Perhaps her children are still too young to educate about herd politics. Give it a couple of months, when their desire to play lessens slightly, and they may pay more attention to her lessons. "Never mind, my dear. Go if you wish, but don't wander too far." Trying to force two bored foals to stay at an adult meeting is like fighting a losing battle - she may as well let them go and do child things, and save the hard education for when they're older. At least they've both shown their faces.

Whilst she keeps one stern eye on her offspring, the silver looks to Tembovu as he gives an amused shake of his head. With a twinkle in her eye, she tilts her ears to listen, wondering what he'll say. He speaks of a fallen herdmate, and reveals that Mauja has stepped down. Her gaze shifts to the spotted one, sympathy burning in her gaze. She doesn't know Sno was his daughter, but for him to step down...Still, her attention largely remains on the rest of the elephant's announcements. One she is most keen to hear is who he chooses to rule beside him, if anyone. Is it wrong that there's the tiniest thrum of excitement in her soul that it could be her? She has never wanted to lead, but if the opportunity presented itself...

But there is little use in dwelling on something that may not happen. She watches as d'Arcy departs, but remains silent, waiting for the continuation of the meeting.

Image © Snowwy @ Helovia

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Calypso Posts: 29
Outcast atk: 7.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Three Years (Ages in FrostFall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Daenerys :: Royal Cerndyr :: Starpast & Lamplight Emily
C
A
L
Y
P
S
O

I listen quietly, as announcements are made. To a degree, I feel like an outsider. I don't know anyone... Well that is anyone apart from our newly crowned King. He looks, so perfect up there. Though the title of King will be strange for me, as being from royal blood I am not used to calling anyone King. My father, as I had known him had held that title. My mother was the Queen of course. I shift forward, trying not to hide completely in the background. I would like to be noticed, to make friends within my own homeland. Dae stays close at my side, giving me the courage to keep going. I slip in and out of the others until I am standing almost in the middle. Perhaps here, will allow me to be seen and to get to know others.

I frown at the first announcement, the death of one of our own and apperently the former King's daughter. I hurt for him, and I follow Tembovu's gaze to see a spotted stallion toward the back. I remember him from the only battle I was around. I believe that may of been the battle his daughter died in... I would make a point, after the meeting to get to know him. The list of introductions and positions went on, but at this point I am unsure if I wish to join any one rank. I long to know more about everything around me and everyone. Just like my home, each place has a history.

Finally everything seemed to settle down, and others began talking among each other. I watched as one mare gave a feather to a young filly. I smiled. Dae nudges my side gently. Since no one seemed to turn to speak to me, I figured i'd slip back to the outer edges of the group again and wait to see if anything else was said.

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

Image Credit
[Image: 5572cb03a0a6c]

Naerys Posts: 86
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie

She doesn't know why she's so drawn to Mauja or why she chooses to place herself by his side instead of by her family. Yet as he turns his head to her as she slips in beside him, he gives her a faint smile - instantly quelling the anxiety churning in her gut. In an instant, her actions are justified. Her return smile is bigger and brighter but just as brief because they are here for a reason. A reason that doesn't involve her healing Mauja, no matter how deeply the desire to do so runs. Can she heal him? Is it even possible? Despite the devastating blow his daughter's death delivered, Naerys can still see the warm remnants of his heart just waiting to be reassembled. Clearly, it would take time but she is young. She has all the time to spare and all the time to give. To him, she gives it freely. Because, to her, he's no monster.

The moment his shoulder makes gentle contact with her wing, she relaxes - tension practically melts from her, rolling down her hide and sliding to the ground at her hooves like raindrops. His presence calms her, much like her flowers did. Only, one touch from him runs deeper and is far more powerful than her flowers had ever been. She needs him, beyond all reason. By now, though, her eyes have returned to those gathered - focusing predominantly on Tembovu. She catches her mother's intense emerald gaze, and though that one look sends guilt rocketing through her to depths of her core, she makes no move to leave Mauja. Instead, she feels herself pressing more firmly against his shoulder with the hopes that the stronger connection might hold off the negative feelings for just a moment longer. Frowning, the girl breaks away from her mother's eyes and refocuses on the new king. Her ears swivel forward, attentive to the large stallion's words as he begins to speak.

As he spoke of Mauja, Naerys felt many eyes turn their way. Her only solace being that they were looking at him instead of her. A few glanced her way but many of their gazes didn't linger for long. Except for one. Teal eyes fall to the pale filly and in an instant she recognizes her as the girl she'd met in the caves. She flashes her a brilliant, beaming smile and makes a mental note to find her sometime after the meeting - if she could ever manage to pull herself away from the spotted man. Yet as the silence once more falls over the crowd, she feels him ruffle her dark forelock and play with a few strands. Naerys, having very little to offer, remains silent as the others declare their chosen professions. At a year old, she had a long way to go before she could be of any use, though perhaps she could find Iona later to discuss some sort of apprenticeship.
excuse me if I seem a little unimpressed with this

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag naerys in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

He was late. That was unavoidable, considering the distance at which he'd first heard the call to this meeting. Torleik didn't need to know what had been said before to assess the situation. Tembovu stood there, large, imposing, a freshly crowned king. Mauja was nearby, bowing. 

Neither shocked him. Neither meant much to him at this moment. With a steady step, he worked his way through the crowd, ignoring any eyes he felt laid on him, his gaze terminally affixed to the gigantic stallion straight ahead. They had matters to discuss, matters that involved everyone here. For a moment, his glacial eyes flicked to his former queen, looking at the broken lines of a shattered man and he tried to summon compassion in his heart, but what he managed was a paltry offering. How could he feel deeply for a being who was constantly in a state of being two steps away from crumbling into nothingness? 

That the Frostheart had lost his daughter pained Torleik; he wished that on no one. But it was tamped down by the fact that there was always something going on for which Mauja flung around his feelings like weapons. To his credit, at least the last time Torleik had witnessed that, it had been Lace receiving an ass-kicking. Perhaps in time he could offer his former partner in lead a proper comfort. He hoped so. 

Stopping when he stood a few feet from Tembovu, he regarded the stallion with cold respect. "Is your first act to replace me, as well? I have not, unlike Mauja, stepped down." The question was pointed, frigid. So fickle, these hearts, if they saw fit for an entire changing of the guard in such a short time, and for what? Not being visible enough? That was not how it worked among his people. He would not be replaced with mere words. He had proven he was the best candidate out of those who had competed. 

Tembovu would have to show the Bloodskald he was worthy for Torleik to bow to him - or whoever else this beast saw fit to replace him. 

"talk talk talk"

"This winter breath, taste of death
Where iron meets flesh. we'll take it all"

Coding by Tamme with credits to Sevin | Art by Yewrezz
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin
God of the Moon
lady diamond in the sky
"You have not - but darling you have been ever so busy it seems ..." The Goddess' silken words poured out of the air. A tangible mixture of amusement and disappointment lingered in every syllable. Her lavender body seemed to simply breathe itself into being; appearing as if pushed through a veil of mist and into the meeting. Her hardening silver stare fell upon Torleik impassively. Had he not shown up to defend and fight alongside her when she returned through from the time-slip, she might have lost all respect for him all together. But he had. Even so, the whisperings of his absence had not failed to reach her ears, and in that, she was not pleased. That the Edge had decided to remove him was ... not entirely unexpected. Still she thought his reign would have been longer. Would his devotion to her be so fickle?

Her tail flicked idly against her hocks, feigned politeness and the responsibility of her stature curving her lips upwards as she finished her sentence. "...and that just can't be." A devious and mischievous smile tugged at her lips, as she broke her gaze away, just like that, leaving him unceremoniously stripped of his title. If no one else had the stones to tell Torleik that he had been voted out, she had no problem doing it. Best to tear the band-aid off quickly, she always said.

"And I know that you're new to this game -" She began, rounding on Tembovu. Even though he stood a great deal taller than her, her silvery stare seemed to bring him down to her height. In her confidence, the Goddess was a giant. 
"-but did you not even think to ask my opinion?" For any listening, it might have sounded as if the Goddess was wounded, hurt even by his lack of forethought. Those who knew her would of course know that she was merely being uncharitable. "Elsa-" A blackened mist frothed up suddenly from around Elsa's hooves. Cascading waves of dark smoky mist trailed from her wings and her mane and tail, as the Goddess slunk her way. 

"Your loyalty is commendable. Your virtues unwavering. Your past? Troubled. It has made you strong. I find that admirable. It is you, who will rule alongside Tembovu now."

"And this one-" The inky veil moved from Elsa, to Alune as the Goddess' gaze shifted. "This is the one who shall call me when you're in need of me. This one shall be your Seer."

Image Credit

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
More appear as he speaks, others appear after he has finished. And some step forward claiming ranks for their own, while others remain silently at the edges. Mauja, his spotted friend, is a silent one, with the splashed Naerys equally silent beside him. He would have to speak with him later— a broken man needed purpose.

The little, abandoned Hera appears, and a small frown crosses his face as she tries to eat grass. Elsa is quick to help the filly, though his eyes land on the pregnant sides of his Glazer— perhaps she will be of help to the foal. His frown turns to a slight smile as Erthe exuberantly exclaims her excitement at his title. His black brows raise in surprise at her proclamation at wishing to follow Alune’s religious footsteps.

He watches his remaining Moon Doctors appear, Calista and Evangeline. They, with Alysanne, speak among themselves; Eva gifting a feather to the moon’s new apprentice. He nods marginally in approval, appreciating the generosity of his head Healer.

Newer herd members, Lithium, Hesperos, and a handsomely stripped man he has not met appear. The striped man remains silent, though Hesperos expresses interest in becoming a spy. “Then Sleuth you shall be, Hesperos.” The King is glad the pale stallion is seeking a new path, and new life, in Helovia.

He feels a jealous gaze that accompanies the appearance of Vadim. He watches him levelly, wondering if the man will challenge him— but the father only has eyes for his daughter. The Elephant softens, better understanding the man’s envy. His gaze is drawn to the beautiful Arah. “The Seers will welcome such a lovely mare to their Sage ranks,” his voice rolls as his great head nods briefly in greeting to the antlered woman.

Out of the corner of his eye, he sees Nyx’s foal scamper off. Though he is busy watching Rohan, and feels a small victory at the respect with which the stallion nods towards him.

But the meeting is too easy, too smooth. It nearly lulls the new King into a sense of security in his title. But, quickly, that is shattered with each, frosty footfall of the newly appeared friesian stallion. He recognizes him from the last meeting, so long ago. Torliek the Bloodskald. The bearded man walks with purpose, gaze unfaltering as he weaves through the crowd.

He commands attention, impressive black frame parting the equines. And Tembovu’s attention does not waver from the cold, blue eyes. At his words, the Elephant pursed his thick lips, King regarding King. To the Elephant, an absent King was an unjust one. Without judicious excising of power, greed and injustice would seed and grow. But to make an enemy of such a formidable stallion and, more importantly, one who had been dedicated to the Edge… that was an unwise choice for a newly appointed King.

But, as the Elephant opens his mouth to address Torliek, the calm is further shattered by the Moon Goddess, herself. Her words, her smoke, her silken sarcasm invade the meeting. Easily, ruthlessly, she dethrones the Bloodskald with the herd as witness. Then her attentions turn on him.

At first, he meets her gaze squarely, towering above the Goddess who so easily played with mortal’s power. Yet, beneath the weight of her silver and pupil-less eyes, he feels her grow in the abstract, whilst he shrinks. So this is divine power; the Elephant is unsure he liked it. Her tart question of him, though perhaps not entirely begging a response, would not go unanswered, “My Lady, my apologies, please grace us with your opinion.” His tone was impassive, carefully so.

His eyes avert to Elsa as the Moon Goddess appoints her Queen. A smile turns up the corners of his pale muzzle and dark lips. Elsa would be a fine co-ruler, the bite to his diplomatic touch.

Blue gaze follows the black smoke of the Goddess, aptly choosing Alune as her Seer. He nods slightly towards the midnight giant, before returning his eyes to the Goddess. “Thank you for your illuminating choices,” he nods his giant head in a brief bow to divine woman. He struggles, and wins, against the urge to study and appreciate the svelte lines of her lavender body.

He turns to Nyx, “With Elsa as Queen, that leaves us without a General. You are, without doubt, the best choice to fill it.” A knowing smile crinkles the corners of his glinting blue eyes before turning to Rohan, “And we currently have no Sergeant. I would be glad to see you fill it, Rohan.”

Finally, he turns his attention to Torliek, the dethroned. “I would not go against the wishes of our Patron, and I do agree with her choice. An absent King cannot ensure just or proper leadership in a herd,” his low booming paused, assessing the man with respect, “However, your service to the Edge and experience with war cannot, and will not, go unnoticed. With Nyx as our General, we have no Captain. I offer you the position.” He considered offering the man Emissary— though would speak first to Mauja about the position.

His eyes glance to the Lady Moon, “Provided, of course, that my choices please our Goddess.” Only now did the barest hints of amusement and sarcasm color the baritone of his voice.

ooc| This will be the last round of posting. Please post by 12/18!

Please tag Tembovu.

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
Eventide is softly casting o'er the earth a magic spell,
And a love-song, everlasting, on the night wind seems to swell.

Humming a happy, wordless tune where she stood, the filly had thought the meeting nearly over. There were a few ranks left to hand out, parting words to offer but she had thought for sure that none of them could apply to herself anymore. Erthë had made a choice, received approval of it in form of gifts and appreciative nods, her father had finally come home and everything seemed well, she was at peace with the world.

She was wrong. Like a storm cloud brewing, threatening with thunder and lightning, a tall, dark stallion appeared and pushed his way through the crowd. The filly blinked and straightened up as he spoke, his words a challenge if ever she had heard one. King? Him She hadn't even known there was any other kings besides Mauja. The dove couldn't recall ever even seeing this man, and now he stood there and demanded to keep a rank he couldn't have treasured all that much in the first place, if he'd left for so long.

Frowning she threw a glance at Tembovu, worried about what he might say or do, but before he had even opened his mouth another voice came drifting on the wind, one that was at once very familiar and completely unknown. Through widening eyes the filly watched as the Lady of Moonlight and Shadows stepped into their midst, felt the force of her presence wash over her. Not even aware that she was trembling, the filly gazed in awe at the goddess as she interfered with the workings of the herd. Without batting an eyelid she dethroned the wayward king and threw the crown with careless ease at the feet of another, at Elsa; Erthë smiled at this, approving whole heartedly - though she might have approved anyone, if the decision came from those lavender lips. She confirmed Tembovu's decision of appointing Alune as Seer too, and warmth blossomed within the heart of the child - this meant she could really be the apprentice of the seer after all! - and then... and then...

But even as she followed every movement of the Lady with her eyes, dazed and nearly incapable of thought as the magnitude of her divine presence overwhelmed her, Erthë found that she was experiencing a whole range of new emotions while gazing upon the lavender-hued immortal. Like before, awe and appreciation of Her power was a big part of what she felt, admiration for the flawless beauty and unparalleled mystery curving Her lips... but something else was finding its way into her adolescent heart that hadn't been there before.

It was something like longing, like unshed tears and a sliver of moon reflected on still waters, like a desire to reach out and touch it even though she knew the distant light would scatter and dissolve when she tried. Tasting grief and triumph and joyous despair on her tongue, Erthë acted without thinking. She reached down and plucked the most beautiful flower her eyes could find, and holding it gingerly in the coils of her prehensile tail she picked her way towards the Goddess, knees trembling as she approached the Matron of Night.

"For you" she whispered shyly, and extended the flower towards the goddess. It was the best she could do right now, but beside the peerless beauty of the Moon the little cliff-side weed seemed so woefully inadequate.

Even so the girl smiled; even if she was ignored and overlooked, it was enough to have been allowed to gaze upon the Lady again, more than enough to feel the weight of the black tooth She had gifted Erthë against the chest - and blessing beyond her dreams, should the immortal Queen allow her to keep the exquisite lavender feather that sat braided into her pale curls.

Erthë tries to give a flower to the Moon Goddess <3

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~