the Rift

iron-clad freedoms

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

give me hope in the darkness
so that I will see the light

I couldn't find Dragomir no matter where I looked and I guess I shouldn't have been as worried as I was, but I didn't usually go so long without seeing him. He'd seemed fine after the battle on the island, but I hadn't checked in with him before I left and I beat myself up over that a few times because what if he'd been hurt? What if he thought I just left him behind? I hadn't been able to find him no matter where I looked and he hadn't come looking for me and I worried that I had made him mad at me by leaving the island so quickly. I had even shirked my patrol in favor of searching for my friend, which was terrible of me because I should have been more worried about the Throat than Dragomir, but the butterflies in my stomach when I thought about him were relentless and made me want to find him.

"Ranjiri?"

Somehow, in my wandering, I'd ended up near the magnolia where I had slept beside Cera for the longest time. The last time I'd stood in that particular place had been when he had forced me to tell him why I'd been avoiding him after dad's death. It was here that I'd tried to run away and he stopped me. It was here that I'd attacked him, I'd drawn blood, I'd hurt him more than I ever could have imagined. That one incident had ruined the magnolia for me. It no longer felt warm and comfortable and inviting. It was just a reminder of how bad a sister I had been and continued to be, but I could make up for it, right? I could be better, couldn't I? (How could I be a better sister when I was still more worried about Drago than my own brother?)

"Cera?" I called back to him before I lost my nerve and ran away again, because I seemed to be so good at running away from my brother. I clutched my wings tight against my sides and as I walked toward him I couldn't help but note how happy he looked. It was strange (but not unpleasant) because the last two times I'd seen him he'd been a mess (and I probably hadn't looked much better). "You called for me?"

"."

Image Credit

@Cera

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
iron-clad freedoms - by Cera - 11-15-2015, 10:33 PM
RE: iron-clad freedoms - by Ranjiri - 11-15-2015, 11:42 PM
RE: iron-clad freedoms - by Cera - 11-22-2015, 02:08 AM
RE: iron-clad freedoms - by Ranjiri - 11-28-2015, 08:22 PM
RE: iron-clad freedoms - by Cera - 12-01-2015, 12:30 AM
RE: iron-clad freedoms - by Ranjiri - 12-01-2015, 01:02 AM