the Rift

[OPEN] I can't feel my toes anymore [Joining]

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

Snippets of conversation came drifting on the wind. With lazy curiosity the winter white filly pricked her ears to listen, not so much because she wanted to eavesdrop but rather because she had nothing else to do. It was too warm, her belly was full of grass, her muscles ached from a morning spent in intense concentration as she practiced archery, and the shade beneath the trees was cool and pleasant. It was a good day - a day where the poppy flower still remained in effect, where she was free of pain and where the everyday activities of the herd kept her from getting bored.

Stray words came clearer to her than others. Topics such as 'Basin', 'join' and 'father' teased her with their riddle like hints and suggestions, and when a familiar deep voice fell in to reply the filly almost automatically unfurled the long legs and got to her feet, on her way towards the Elephant man without even stopping to consider whether she was needed - or even welcome - there or not. It wasn't so much a question of making herself useful as to sate the ever growing curiosity, to get herself involved and understand. Being a part of a herd was deeply interesting, Erthë threw herself into the goings on with heart and soul and loved every moment of it - especially the part where she got to meet new, previously unknown friends.

She had almost reached Tembovu and the new recruit when a white blur among the trees caught her eye. Blinking curiously the filly eyed Mauja, whom to her appeared rather undecided as to whether he wanted to join the other two or not. She'd picked up enough of the conversation to grasp that it was his daughter that had arrived, and this skulking, eavesdropping behavior made no sense at all to her. In an instant she made a few rapid decisions and changed course, stepping towards the pale stallion with easy strides that, despite the heavy limp, remained eerily quiet and almost graceful.

"Aren't you going to say hello?" she asked him as she made to glide in by his side. Making no attempt to lower her voice or hide her presence, Erthë studied the man with steady gaze, trying to understand what went on behind the expressionless facade that caused his dry laugh. "She came to see you, you know. At the very least you should let her know you're here."

Without further ado the small girl continued forward, on through the thicket and up towards the other two, emerging from the misty shadows into the bright sunlight with a smile on her lips as hungry eyes roved across the dark figure of the girl.

"Hi Tembu!" she greeted easily, "hi Glacia! I'm Erthë. Welcome to the Edge! Mauja's just over there" she said, nodding towards the hiding place of the unicorn, feeling rather pleased with herself as she revealed his hiding place - or whatever he was doing.

Erthë
the      night      is      calling      my      name

image credit

@Tembovu
@Glacia
@Mauja - hope I interpreted mauja's actions correctly, if not I'll edit :)

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
RE: I can't feel my toes anymore [Joining] - by Erthë - 11-26-2015, 09:47 AM
RE: I can't feel my toes anymore [Joining] - by Calista - 11-27-2015, 02:17 AM