the Rift

[OPEN] I can't feel my toes anymore [Joining]

Calista Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Courage is knowing what not to fear.
Upon hearing the commotion, Calista made her way over to Erthe and their king, Tembovu. Mauja held back. Through the corner of her cyan eye, she spyed the snowy figure hiding among the trees. She knew that he wasn't really hiding. He did not seem to be the scared type. Rather, it appeared that he was hesitant to show himself on some account unbeknownst to her. Dismissing his act of unfriendliness with a small frown, she followed Erthe down the path. It was not hard to tell from her call that the little girl was new to the Edge. The ink-marked mare did not hesitate to greet Glacia with a warm smile.

So Mauja had another daughter. That was hardly a surprise. The spotted unicorn was a handsome fellow. The last time she had seen the Frozenheart, or now the Frozen Light, he had looked awefully down in the dumps; heartbroken, distraught, and lonely. He looked a mess. Losing a loved one could do that to you. Calista knew the feeling, and she was not the only horse who did, sadly. She pitied the man who had so generously offered to share his home with her. Although she wanted to express her sympathy, Calista did not quite know what to say. She didn't want to accidentally say something rude or annoying. Besides, he probably wouldn't want to talk about it, she reasoned. Please look past your pain for a moment and have the courtesy to say hello, the mare thought. It simply wouldn't be fair not to greet Glacia, who clearly must've loved him. Why else would she come here? To her satisfaction, Erthe spoke up before Calista had time to make an irritated remark.

Without further ado the woman reached the clearing. Taking her place beside the others, the Moon Doctor was happy to be representing the World's Edge. Calista hoped to make Glacia feel just as comfortable as she had felt upon her own arrival. Calista wondered where the midnight-colored filly had come from. She seemed young to be travelling by herself. Bowing politely to her herdmates upon her arrival, Calista stepped forward. The woman was delighted to introduce herself, and began to do so at once.

"Good afternoon little one!  My name is Calista, and I am a Moon Doctor of the Edge. I'm delighted to offer you the most hospitable welcome I can."

"Talk?"
image credits

@Tembovu
@Mauja
@Erthë
@Glacia

Messages In This Thread
RE: I can't feel my toes anymore [Joining] - by Calista - 11-27-2015, 02:17 AM