the Rift

[OPEN] I can't feel my toes anymore [Joining]

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie

It seems I have drawn the crowd. I hadn't noticed my father, and I had only been focused on the giants uncomfortable movement, and my eyes narrowed as he shifted his weight. Why would he act so nervous?

Had something happened?? My blood runs cold, and automatically my mind turns to the worst possible scenario, had my father had an accident? Did he die? Had I missed my chance? Or had he finally dropped off the deep end. Was he murdering? No, he couldn't possibly do something that horrible.... At least not again, right?

No, his shifting movement causes me to become distracted at his attempt to be funny, and in my momentary panic his humor passes over my head.

But by then the dry laugh turns my attention to the forest. Almost immediately after, there is the voice of a young girl, telling the laughing man off, before emerging from the foliage with a heavy limp.

He's right over there.

My eyes flick towards where she had emerged, and then back to the girl. I plaster a smile on my face, nodding to her. "Hello Erthë. It is certainly a pleasure to meet you." I nod to her, just as another pale mare comes upon us. Well, mostly. She has a blackened face, and her tail end was also the ebony color.

She approaches from the same place as the younger filly, and I cringe inwardly at being referred to as "little one", especially since I was standing at her shoulder with her, and certainly not a little one any more. But despite the slight irritation, I smile. She was only trying to greet me after all. My ears however move forward slightly at the mention of her being a moon doctor. "It is lovely to meet you Calista, and thank you for the warm welcome. I am interested in the arts of healing, so I am sure I will be visiting you in the close future."

And yet he had not emerged from his hiding place yet. I felt slighted by it, but I swallowed the pride and held my head high. I was better than that. I wouldn't let it get to me. He wouldn't become to me what he became to Sno. I wouldn't let myself become the cold hearted and lonely monster she had.

My thoughts return to those who stood before me know, more specifically, Tembovu. I nod in agreement to his assessment of the "greeting committee", and listen to his low rumbling voice, as he finally answers my question.

My father was no longer king. Tembovu was.

My brows raise in mild surprise, and I planned to ask my father exactly why he was no longer the king of the Edge. But that would have to wait. Instead I nod to Tembovu, and begin to offer him my congratulations.

"Congratulations on becoming the king Tembovu. I am sure you will make a noble one. I would be happy to serve under you."

"talk talk talk talk "

I HAD A HEART THEN
but the queen has been overthrown

full image

@Mauja

Messages In This Thread
RE: I can't feel my toes anymore [Joining] - by Calista - 11-27-2015, 02:17 AM
RE: I can't feel my toes anymore [Joining] - by Glacia - 11-28-2015, 10:00 PM