the Rift

[OPEN] Walla Walla

Naerys Posts: 86
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie
WE ARE THE BEAUTIFUL MISTAKE

It should have taken her longer to relax and find comfort in his embrace. Should have but it didn't. Maybe it was the throbbing pain in her head that occasionally sent blood trickling from her ears that was clouding her judgment. But she doesn't think so. She hardly knows the scarlet stallion but he feels safe. So it isn't a surprise when she feels the green bird hopping down her neck, his pale eyes brimming with curiosity as he carefully climbs onto the stallion's wing. Within moments Petyr was no longer touching her. Influenced as much by the bond as by his own intense desire for knowledge, the emerald bird slips carefully and quietly to the stallion's back only to inch his way forward so that he could absentmindedly play with the ends of his crimson mane.

But that was early on in their journey back to the Edge. Naerys could have made it home by herself. She knows the way there but he'd been insistent and with the pounding inside her skull, she found it immensely difficult to find the words to politely refuse. And she was comfortable, warm and protected beneath the shelter of his wing and pressed so gingerly against his side. Everything about it was platonic, like he was the brother she'd never really had. So she moved with him, keeping pace with him as they exited the forest and crossed the fields - only pausing long enough at a willow tree to test Brisa's recommended cure for her intense headache. It failed to provide the girl with any relief and so they resumed their journey to the Edge.

Time flew by much to quickly for her to be content. Each step she took brought her closer to her home and ever closer to the moment she'd have to leave his soothing embrace (and, to be fair, she isn't exactly looking forward to explaining this odd predicament). But as the remnants of the broken wall slide into view, she slows and motions for everyone to stop. She didn't want to risk crossing the wall with so many strangers in tow - especially considering none of them were here to join. Huddled beneath Rift's wing, a soft sigh escapes her lips. "I guess I better go now..." she begins softly, her voice quiet and almost breathy but the words fall halfheartedly from her lips. Instead of moving, the girl finds herself leaning into him.

Cuddled against him, she shifts to press her head into his neck. So when her mother's voice broke the silence, she practically jumped out of her own skin. Naerys quickly adjusts herself to stand straight and tall, her head lowered as she peers up at her mother with widened eyes. "Hi mama." she responds sweetly, innocently despite the anxiety churning in her stomach. Yet, before she could explain another from her herd appeared and, unlike her mother, didn't even try to hide her suspicion. Inwardly the girl groaned. Suddenly her mouth felt dry but she had to say something (before they ripped him a new one) "This is Rift. I met him in the threshold. I.. uh... I offered him a home with us in the Edge but he chose the Throat instead." she speaks quickly, her voice almost pleading. "He wanted to walk me home, to keep me safe. But since he's new, Ranjiri and Laedere offered to follow us, so they could take him to their home in the Throat after making sure that I was safe." She falls silent then, her teal gaze lowering to the purple and white blooms growing around her hooves. Despite it all, though, the girl makes no move to leave Rift's side. The only movement comes from Petyr as he hops his way back to his bonded and settles himself just above her withers and clings to the pale strands at the base of her mane.

SO I DON'T CARE IF IT KILLS ME TONIGHT
Image Credits

@Rift @Alysanne

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag naerys in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
Walla Walla - by Rift - 11-17-2015, 03:46 PM
RE: Walla Walla - by Alysanne - 11-21-2015, 02:02 PM
RE: Walla Walla - by Evangeline - 11-23-2015, 04:03 PM
RE: Walla Walla - by Naerys - 11-23-2015, 04:13 PM
RE: Walla Walla - by Rift - 11-27-2015, 05:07 PM
RE: Walla Walla - by Alysanne - 12-02-2015, 09:14 PM
RE: Walla Walla - by Evangeline - 12-11-2015, 11:44 PM
RE: Walla Walla - by Naerys - 12-15-2015, 12:43 AM
RE: Walla Walla - by Rift - 12-15-2015, 09:20 PM
RE: Walla Walla - by Alysanne - 12-15-2015, 10:34 PM
RE: Walla Walla - by Evangeline - 12-15-2015, 11:34 PM