the Rift

[OPEN] Walla Walla

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

Alysanne was so thankful for Evangeline’s presence then, she wanted to sink into the chestnut mare’s side and leech strength off of her. But she didn’t dare move. She was too busy being shocked - first at her daughter’s just barely respectful retort to Evangeline and then at Rift’s sudden shift into this revolting, sarcastic creature that Alysanne would have liked nothing more than to race forward and attack right then and there. She felt it, the stir of anger in her stomach like the first spark of a fire. Had he not turned to leave just then, she might have been tempted to chase him out - but movement toward her distracted her.

Naerys moved toward her, finally answering the question about where it hurt, but Alysanne did not let the girl touch her. She waited until it was just the three of them left, what she was about to say was no business of the retreating stallion.

“Let me get this straight.” Her voice and legs shook with anger as she stepped back from her daughter - the pain and fear surging within within her and to avoid them she cloaked herself instead with anger. Naerys had hurt her, just as her father had hurt her, and Alysanne no longer had the strength to pretend that her heart was doing anything other than breaking. She was too weak and she was sure that her daughter knew it, sure that the filly was racing around Helovia making friends with whoever she found because she lacked strength at home with her mother. But Alysanne didn’t understand why Naerys kept coming back if she found companionship and guardianship elsewhere.

Perhaps it was simply coincidence that they kept running into one another. Surely, the pegasus girl would have found Mauja first upon her arrival back in the Edge. Perhaps one of the others. It was easy to notice the large spotted unicorn at the side of her daughter but that didn’t mean that there weren’t others as well, temporary guardians that Naerys sought because her father lived in another herd and her mother was useless.

Everything was crumbling around her and within her, Alysanne could feel herself slipping a little further away as she took another step back from her daughter. She grasped onto the only sure thing that she had, this pain, frowning at the girl before us. “You left the Edge, without telling me. Got sick on these travels of yours with gods know what and instead of coming home or sending Petyr to get me you thought you would stop and make some friends along the way.” Her green eyes burned with hot coals as she watched the retreating form of Rift. Any lingering respect for the stallion for walking her daughter home vanished with how he had treated her friend. What an outstanding friend for her daughter to make. Ready to step up to save a pretty little filly and with only harsh words for her herd mates.

Would he have reacted any differently in her place? Would anyone? Were they so out of line for their reactions to seeing a stranger act with such affection to a filly?

“And what great friends you have made, Naerys. Evangeline may not be your mother but she cares about your wellfare and neither you nor your "friend" spoke to her with any respect. What did she deserve to earn your scorn when you were so easy to trust a stranger you picked up in the Threshold?” Her words were coming out in a hot whisper, too angry to yell. Too inexperienced at having to yell at her children to know what she should be doing but she followed through where her emotions took her - believing that Evangeline would check her if it became too much.

When she found her voice again, it was with finality. The volume never raised but her intensity did, not breaking eye contact with Naerys. “You are not allowed to visit him.” She might have allowed it except for his parting words, but now she refused to entertain the idea. “I want you to tell me whenever you plan on leaving the Edge from now on. You find me first - not Mauja, not Tembovu, not anyone else. Me. Do you understand?”

happy is the heart that still feels pain
darkness drains and light will come again
image credits
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
Walla Walla - by Rift - 11-17-2015, 03:46 PM
RE: Walla Walla - by Alysanne - 11-21-2015, 02:02 PM
RE: Walla Walla - by Evangeline - 11-23-2015, 04:03 PM
RE: Walla Walla - by Naerys - 11-23-2015, 04:13 PM
RE: Walla Walla - by Rift - 11-27-2015, 05:07 PM
RE: Walla Walla - by Alysanne - 12-02-2015, 09:14 PM
RE: Walla Walla - by Evangeline - 12-11-2015, 11:44 PM
RE: Walla Walla - by Naerys - 12-15-2015, 12:43 AM
RE: Walla Walla - by Rift - 12-15-2015, 09:20 PM
RE: Walla Walla - by Alysanne - 12-15-2015, 10:34 PM
RE: Walla Walla - by Evangeline - 12-15-2015, 11:34 PM