the Rift

[OPEN] Walla Walla

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

“Do not judge so harshly of what you do not fully understand.” The child said and Evangeline snorted in response. "I understand perfectly," she began, "What it is to wonder where your child disappeared to. I understand perfectly what it is to hope and to pray that your child is safe, that some stranger spewing lies and false promises doesn't find them before you do. I understand perfectly what it is to stand awake at night, to wander and search and hope that you don't find your child's body. What I don't understand is the relief that comes when your child finally makes it back home and I pray for your mother's sake that she never has to experience it to fully understand how it feels." She replied tersely to the child who obviously considered herself an adult with far more experience with what the world had to offer than Evangeline did in the nine years that she'd experienced.

The orange mare had nearly forgotten Rift was even there as she addressed Naerys, but her eyes shifted back to the stallion and his obnoxious reply to his made her eyes narrow. Tallis had far less patience than his bonded had, however, so when the stallion turned and began to walk away the dragon launched himself from Evangeline's back. Normally she would have called him back, scolded him mentally for even thinking about attacking someone, but the mare remained silent. She was tired of him. So when Tallis' mouth opened and searing dragon flame billowed forth from between scaled lips she simply watched and for the first time in her life she hoped that Tallis' aim as as accurate as it usually was. She oped for seared, melted feathers, for burned and blistered skin, and for the stallion to understand that'd he'd crossed a line he never should have even tiptoed. 

"Pity." Evangeline called after Rift as Tallis circled back around to aim another deluge of fire at Rift. "You've made such a bad impression, truly terrible. But I suppose there is hope for you. Get out and go to the herd that so foolishly welcomed you into their ranks. I'm sure their healers would tend to whatever wounds you happen to come across in your journey." She paused and an almost thoughtful look crossed her face. "There could be more hope for you if you learned to control that ugly mouth of yours, but there are just some things that certain individuals, like you, are not smart enough to control."

Tallis circled back toward Evangeline, but he hovered before her as if he were waiting for Rift to make the mistake of turning around and charging. If he did he would be charging headlong into a mixture of dragon fire and the toxic smoke that Tallis had discovered he possessed seasons ago and had never had the chance to use. 

"."

Evangeline the Pure
i stood there waiting
hoping you would come around
but you always found a way to let me down

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

Messages In This Thread
Walla Walla - by Rift - 11-17-2015, 03:46 PM
RE: Walla Walla - by Alysanne - 11-21-2015, 02:02 PM
RE: Walla Walla - by Evangeline - 11-23-2015, 04:03 PM
RE: Walla Walla - by Naerys - 11-23-2015, 04:13 PM
RE: Walla Walla - by Rift - 11-27-2015, 05:07 PM