the Rift

Lightning Child [Cirrus, Hototo]

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
Cirrus
Dearest parents,

I must apologise for the corrupting ways in which I have influenced my dearest sister. It seems we are simply, too similar, you see. It was far too easy to convince you of my responsible nature, my ability to take her under my large feathered wings and shape her to my will. I know you saw the devious smile I wore when you first allowed me to take her for a speedy gallop across our home, I know that you are aware of exactly what I had planned for my little sibling. Yet, you do not stop me, and so I continue on, seemingly under false pretences that you look upon my actions with favour, not disapproval. It matters not, even if a disapproving glance were to be thrown my way, I would merely buck once to show how little I cared for it and continue allowing my influence to shape the precious bundle that is my little Azulee.

The rainstorms that dampen our home also cause dark streaks to stain my hide. I fly, using the humid weather as practice to strengthen my wings and body, through the storm, though I am not yet skilled enough as to dive through the clouds above. Father, you would be able to fly up there, wouldn't you? My coat reflects the storm, with rolling clouds and dazzling light playing haphazardly across my hide. Blurred dots, falling rain, moves as strange smudges down my legs, fading into a dark, charcoal hue that also resides upon my nose, wingtips and ears. My cerulean eyes are the only thing that shine oddly bright against the dank sky, scouting out the lands below. I smile to myself, thinking of the electric traits my darling sister exhibit, wondering if perhaps, in time, I might earn my own claim to our father's line of Spark magic.

As if my thoughts have brought her before me, I spy the little maiden of roan blue pelt dancing a dainty step along the shore of our homeland. I angle my flight lower, relishing in the increase of speed my descent causes. My ears are swallowed by the growing length of mane that decorates my nape, as they bow down against the intertia of my motion. During my descent, I spy another, a strange, hairy colt with silver strands for mane and tail, golden flecks upon his wings that match the caramel hue of his curved horns. He is a curious mixture of species, and I become almost too focussed upon him during my landing that I stumble and trip, and need to rely upon the fierce, rapid beating of my wings to right my figure once more. I trot it out, swishing my tail and tossing my head, goading my observers into pointing out a fault with my technique.

"Hey!" I call out with a snort to the colt, pointedly approaching him, wings ruffling at my sides, refusing to fold them away for now. "What do you think you're doing, staring at my sister like that?!" I snort again, and trot past him, swishing my tail with a sharp thwack against my flank, hoping, wondering if the dark strands were yet strong enough to hit his hide on my way past. I trot to my little sister, extending my maw with an enthusiastic smile. I make to rub it against the static markings that stain her hide, amused at the thought of how simultaneously alike and different we were, even in appearances. "He wasn't bothering you, was he, Azulee?" I murmur seriously, my tone implying quite clearly that had he touched a hair upon her body without permission, he would be on the receiving end of my wrath.

Don't worry, beloved parents, your youngest daughter is in my care!
Cirrus.

as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    Lightning Child [Cirrus, Hototo] - by Azulee - 10-07-2012, 09:01 PM
    RE: Lightning Child [Cirrus, Hototo] - by Hototo - 10-08-2012, 11:32 AM
    RE: Lightning Child [Cirrus, Hototo] - by Cirrus - 10-11-2012, 11:32 PM
    RE: Lightning Child [Cirrus, Hototo] - by Hototo - 10-17-2012, 06:56 PM
    RE: Lightning Child [Cirrus, Hototo] - by Cirrus - 10-31-2012, 08:15 AM
    RE: Lightning Child [Cirrus, Hototo] - by Azulee - 11-04-2012, 04:08 PM
    RE: Lightning Child [Cirrus, Hototo] - by Hototo - 11-11-2012, 12:33 AM