the Rift

Lightning Child [Cirrus, Hototo]

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
Cirrus
Dearest parents,

I regret to inform you that this creature seems to be quite an odd creation, I am not entirely sure what to make of him. He quivers where he stands, his eyes drift to his feet, his hocks shake as if they cannot bear the weight of his rotund buttocks. With a critical gaze I watch his every tremor, but when I see the beast that stands behind him, evidently hiding for I did not see it before, I bound to place myself between him and my sister.

My jaw hangs loose, I can feel the breeze of winter tickle my tongue as I stare, openly amazed, at the carnivore that stands so easily by his side. It takes me a moment to collect my thoughts (I fear I may have inherited your slow and steady way of thinking, father [I must become more like mother]) as I process that the bear is not eating us, but seemingly protecting the colt just as I protect my sister. I am wary as I acknowledge this, taking a careful, curiosity-killed-the-cat sort of step towards the cocoa colt and his companion, nodding my tiara at them in a small show of - what? Respect? Fear? Or just, acceptance?

I watch his relationship with the bear, as he stumbles over his words, as he pulls strength from the furry beast. I remembered, vaguely so, the relationship between some animals and some creatures, the tale of equines and their ability to bond with dragons was most notable. But a bear? "Hototo." I test his taste, as if tasting foreign food for the first time. I recall, vaguely again, a mare with similar pale locks for her mane and tail, one whom father had said attended my birth, Ktulu? I had to wonder at the relationship, perhaps this curious mix of species was her son? The names held a similar, familial ring to them, though who was I to know. I shall have to ask you later, father dearest.

"I'm Cirrus." I had seemingly decided he was indeed worthy of our company, as a grin now splits my face, my nape proudly arching as I speak my name to him, flourishing my wings lightly before settling them down against my sides. "Who's your friend?" I ask, knowing that most people named these animals who seemed connected to their very souls. Was he truly so fortunate to have found one so young; and a bear, of all creatures? Perhaps he was stronger than I initially thought.

I throw a glance to my sister, affection and love evident in that single gaze. I had stepped in front of her approach to the colt before, but now I stepped back, to allow her view of him again, and his of her. As long as this Hototo didn't get any ideas, we would get along fine. Maybe. For a little while, at least. Let's say he was on probationary friendship. Does that sound good to you, parents?

Your devoted child,

Cirrus.

[I am so sorry about the wait <3 Replies will be fast now :-) ]

as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    Lightning Child [Cirrus, Hototo] - by Azulee - 10-07-2012, 09:01 PM
    RE: Lightning Child [Cirrus, Hototo] - by Hototo - 10-08-2012, 11:32 AM
    RE: Lightning Child [Cirrus, Hototo] - by Cirrus - 10-11-2012, 11:32 PM
    RE: Lightning Child [Cirrus, Hototo] - by Hototo - 10-17-2012, 06:56 PM
    RE: Lightning Child [Cirrus, Hototo] - by Cirrus - 10-31-2012, 08:15 AM
    RE: Lightning Child [Cirrus, Hototo] - by Azulee - 11-04-2012, 04:08 PM
    RE: Lightning Child [Cirrus, Hototo] - by Hototo - 11-11-2012, 12:33 AM