the Rift

everybody wants you. [Mauja/Tolio]

Tolio Posts: 110
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3hh :: 6 Years 8 Months Buff: NOVICE
Brit

OOC: So late, and so sorry!!

In the hours the two had been traveling, Tolio had barely breathed more than a few words. There was no need for them, as the necessary warnings had been given out when they had first started out, the dark mare leading the way. Many times the cinnamon stallion had eyed her with concern, though he was wise enough not to speak out on that desire. Faelene was clearly hurting, from the battle she had spoken of in the Threshold. Yet she moved with steely determination, careful not to aggravate her injuries. Knowing he could not force her to stop and rest, and also knowing there was a possibility of her becoming offended or taking it the wrong way (i.e. her thinking he was calling her weak) Tolio had remained silent. It pained him, but he respected Faelene enough to let her decide her own boundaries.

When at last she spoke it was only to clarify that the remaining members lingered in this area. Tolio was accepting the cold, though he didn't necessarily favor it. Knowing that his bright chestnut coat was a beacon among this landscape. "True. Though it is certainly a deterrent in most natural ways. Time will allow ideas to form, for now it is merely something we will bear with." Already calmly accepting the idea of living in such a region. Onward once again, Tolio pushing forward with pinned ears to stop the howling and battering in his hearing. Faelene was wary and alert, and Tolio followed her example. He trusted her enough to perform satisfactorily, but extra help was never a bad thing. At last she stopped, putting forth a song for the leader she had spoken of. They stood together, a respectful distance apart, breathing heavier than normal.

Just as Tolio had calmed his breathing, an answering call echoed majestically over the snow. Instinctively Tolio raised his head, eyes searching and ears pricked forward. Minutes passed by, and Tolio finally saw the shape that flickered on the white landscape. It was hard to discern snow from stallion, with the similarly in colors, but the closer he got the easier it was to see him. An owl was perched upon his shoulder, something Tolio had never seen before. He found himself thinking it was a rather intimate sight. Powerful to see them together, in a way. The spotted stallion towered over them both, and Tolio knew from the wounds that caressed his hide that he was a proud warrior. This was someone he could respect.

Despite being the leader, or King as Tolio recalled from Faelene, he wasn't cruel like many Tolio had met. Concern and understanding was obvious in both his movements and softened tone, yet his strong presence remained. Tolio was rather impressed, and stepped forward when the speckled King addressed him. Brother. How long it had been since he had been called such. "A welcome much desired and appreciated, Sir." Nodding in return, though a little lower to show he recognized the position Mauja held. "I am Tolio. I have followed Faelene to these lands to offer my services to you. I do not have much to offer in the ways of skill, Sir, but I will give you the strength I have in this body, and learn whatever it is that can benefit you. All I ask in return is a family that I can defend and belong to until I die." Getting out all he needed to say so that there would be no misunderstandings, and knowing that leaders had to get a feel for one's personality before accepting them. Silvery blue eyes honest but strong as he looked into the eyes of who would hopefully become his leader.

Messages In This Thread
everybody wants you. [Mauja/Tolio] - by Faelene - 10-07-2012, 03:57 PM
RE: everybody wants you. [Mauja/Tolio] - by Mauja - 10-10-2012, 06:48 AM
RE: everybody wants you. [Mauja/Tolio] - by Tolio - 10-10-2012, 07:25 PM
RE: everybody wants you. [Mauja/Tolio] - by Mauja - 10-12-2012, 02:35 PM