the Rift

heartbeats [rexanna vs ashamin]

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
My attempts had grown nearly desperate to try and win this spar against Ashamin. Though, it seemed like it began to be more of a failure with every try. I had hoped to stamp onto his tail and graze him with my horn, but I watched in what felt like slow motion as he stepped aside. I searched his face for something but he held this outer mask. His once boyish soul trapped beneath the muscles of the painted stag. I felt my heart race against my chest as I watched him move so fluidly, almost like a ghost was trapped within him.

I began to breathe heavier as I scanned his body as he moved his back to me, legs hadn't quite hit the ground yet as his back legs lifted off of the ground. I tried to turn my head to the left to avoid his daggers from hitting my face, all while trying to accept the fact that the impact was destined to land on my chest. Ears flattening against my skull as I came down right into his hooves. They reached my chest with a slight cracking sound and I began to feel weakness in my front legs. I stumbled backward, head swinging low to the ground as I began to cough. Heart pulsating with a mix of fear and passion. My ears stayed glued to my head, my chains draping over my head, eyes fixated on the ground.

I kept coughing for a few more moments. Then, I saw blood. My chest pulsed and throbbed with the searing heat of pain, skin broken slightly with enough to cascade my pale pelt with the hint of scarlet. The hot and sticky mess began to trickle down my chest, dripping ever so slowly to the ground. Blue eyes watching the ground for a few more moments before I found the strength to lift my head, eyes searching for his. Almost pleading for him. I watched momentarily as he gazed upon me - and suddenly I felt like a small child, scrutinized by those loved for how poorly of a job I had done. My heartbeat slowed for a few moments as I worked on catching my breath until it picked up again at the mention of his name.

"Ashamin..." I hacked to him, words broken and dripping with pain as my chest throbbed. Ears perking to him for a few moments, taking note of his stark black gaze, emotions swirling in my mind in a complex mix of the pride that seemed to radiate from him. It was admirable, in a way, but it was also shoving in thoughts into my mind that I didn't seem to understand. My heart yearned for him, the small timid creature I had met so long ago. But now it longed for him in an entirely different sense. I wanted him close to me, but not without one final push.

I inhaled the best I could between staggered breaths before pushing off with my hind legs and aiming to push into his chest with the gilded crown that adorned my head. Hoping that maybe, I could just land one more attack on him before I ended up collapsing completely. I felt pride sit within my soul to call him a friend, but I also felt a staggering difference in how I looked at him. I had always admired Ashamin, but his display of pride started a fire within me that I couldn't put out. "Please. Save me. " I whispered to him in my final strike. Suddenly, this innocent spar ignited something fierce.

"Talk."

________

Word Count: 600/800
Attack: 3/3
Summary:  Misses her attack and ends up getting punished by Ashamin. His hooves met her chest and she staggered back, violently coughing with bruising and blood showing on her chest. In her final attempt, she regains her composure, but is still very weak, and tries to use her horn to cut Ashamin's chest.
OOC: <333
I had a dream you were two towns from me
GOT TO SLEEP,
     spent the whole night
running
image credits
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
heartbeats [rexanna vs ashamin] - by Rexanna - 11-20-2015, 01:23 AM
RE: heartbeats [rexanna vs ashamin] - by Ashamin - 11-22-2015, 07:07 PM
RE: heartbeats [rexanna vs ashamin] - by Rexanna - 11-24-2015, 03:12 AM
RE: heartbeats [rexanna vs ashamin] - by Ashamin - 12-08-2015, 08:46 PM
RE: heartbeats [rexanna vs ashamin] - by Rexanna - 12-14-2015, 03:36 AM
RE: heartbeats [rexanna vs ashamin] - by Ashamin - 12-21-2015, 07:37 PM
RE: heartbeats [rexanna vs ashamin] - by Rexanna - 12-21-2015, 10:04 PM
RE: heartbeats [rexanna vs ashamin] - by Ashamin - 12-21-2015, 10:32 PM
RE: heartbeats [rexanna vs ashamin] - by Official - 12-28-2015, 05:21 PM