the Rift

[OPEN] Give Myself the Creeps

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
-

At first, Mesec thought it was his father. In the shadows of the forest, the movement of the bay form triggered hope in his heart - a crippling blow that made his movements stumble. Lucius, finding the forest to be too stuffy for his tastes, was soaring over head but doubled back at the sudden surge of emotions in Mesec. He had thought that he would never see d’Artagnan again after he had left at the site of Aviya’s death, thought that he had lost both sister and father that day. Truly it had seemed as though the doctor had no intentions of coming back but maybe he had changed his mind - there was still family here, though their numbers seemed to be dwindling. Mesec knew now that he had another sister, one that looked just like Kou, and Sacre in the Throat. Were there any other siblings? He wanted to get the chance to ask, wanted to be able to work to repair the bond with his father. He did not want to believe that he had lost that chance.

So yes, he was overjoyed at the idea that the bay figure in the forest could be his father but as he drew closer he saw that it was a single bone horn, not dual glass horns, crowning the head and the eyes were pale silver like his own.

Not d’Artagnan then.

Lucius sent encouraging thoughts through their bond, circling upwards instead of trying to find a place to break through the dense foliage. He wasn’t needed just yet so he continued in the same direction that they had been heading before. But instead of moving off as well, Mesec lingered. Something about how the pair (he spied the bird as he moved around a nearby tree to get a better look) were wandering suggested that they were lost. There didn’t seem to be any real purpose to their movements - and the stallion seemed to be moving a little stiffly. Perhaps they were lost? It was easy enough to lose your way in this forest, this stranger certainly wouldn’t be the first one. Deciding that it couldn’t hurt just to ask, Mesec move through the underbrush and paused, off to the left side of the path that the unicorn and his bird were taking. “Hey, are you alright?” Blindness wasn’t what he would assume first upon seeing the silver eyes so the thought does not cross his mind - not yet.

and that's me, that's me, the boy with the broken halo
that's me, that's me ________________ the devil won't let me be

artwork by the fabulous tamme

@Roux
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Give Myself the Creeps - by Roux - 11-21-2015, 05:04 PM
RE: Give Myself the Creeps - by Mesec - 11-22-2015, 09:12 PM
RE: Give Myself the Creeps - by Roux - 12-13-2015, 10:21 AM
RE: Give Myself the Creeps - by Mesec - 12-21-2015, 05:00 PM
RE: Give Myself the Creeps - by Roux - 12-30-2015, 10:00 PM