the Rift

[OPEN] Give Myself the Creeps

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper

"Sacre's your brother?" The dark stallion's words forced me out of whatever thoughts had been flickering through my grey matter at the time, sending me plummeting back to reality where the midnight creature stood before me an expression of surprise plastered across his features. Edison stiffened slightly on my withers as I could feel him wondering over why this, Mesec, wanted to make sure my personal information was correct. Not to mention the arrival of the moon eyed bird, likely bonded to the midnight creature before us, caused the socially awkward kite to grow even more uncomfortable. I sent a feeble reassuring wave towards the bird of prey before offering a reply to our company. "I'm his twin." Words fell from ink stained kissers easily, getting straight to the point rather than dancing around my relations to the blood splattered black. Hopefully he was well and the news that caused such a shocked look to cross the matte stranger's features wasn't some that would shatter my life into a million tiny pieces never to be found in the undergrowth of the forest.

Of course the news that was to come was nothing like what I expect to hear. “He.. he lives in the Throat with me. I haven’t seen him lately but… he’s my brother too.” The world spun, slowly at first, until the kite's attention slammed away from the moon-eyed avian and instead focused his detail oriented eyes upon the dark stranger before us, allowing my world to jump into color in the gentle light of the moon. There were slight similarities, between Sacre, Mesec, and myself in build. We shared similar eyes and I wondered for a moment if he was like me. But he shared the ink stained pelt of Sacre and there the likeness ended as wings sprouted unceremoniously from his shoulders. Sightless silvers widened involuntarily with shock as I focused back on the dark stallion's features. "I....I suppose that makes us brothers as well." I wondered curiously over Mesec's parentage for a moment, but before I could open my mouth to speak again my brother was already doing so. “My father is…was... d’Artagnan.” The spinning world came to a screeching halt as the matte stud corrected himself.

d'Artagnan was dead?

My knees wanted to buckle under my weight with the shocking news. But by some stroke of luck I managed to stay up, standing in a daze as the many different scenarios of how my our father could have died and left this world with a large void where he once stood proudly. Bile rose in my throat, threatening to choke me, closing my airway with my own bodily fluids before I swallowed hard. So hard that the muscles surrounding my airway screamed until allowed to relax once again. "H...he's dead?" I threw a wall up, blocking what I could of the mental bond that forced me to share a soul with the red avian perched on my back. As much as I loved the company usually, at this moment I wanted no intrusions into my mind. Sacre was no where to be found, and the fate of my father was hanging unknown in the air for the time being. I was nearly afraid to ask about Kou, or our sisters.

Had everyone left me?

"Talk?"
roux
am I just paranoid?
or am I just stoned
hng <3
@Mesec
image credits
Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how