the Rift

[OPEN] Give Myself the Creeps

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
-

Mesec realized that his use of the past tense was a terrible idea. He didn’t know that d’Artagnan was dead but he was gone. They would never know when he died, if he was still alive. That had been why he used that stupid word ‘was’ but the reaction that it earned him made him regret it immediately. He was quick to shake his head and try to make things… well, it wasn’t going to get any better but they could be clearer. “No, sorry, I don’t know. He left Helovia…” He closed his eyes and tried to fight the despair growing in him, alarmed at the sensation that there was magic tugging at him and feared that it was the same destructive magic that had transformed him into a beast in the Labyrinth. Lucius quickly sent soothing thoughts into Mesec’s mind - trying to distract him with a combination of sentiments that ranged from ‘get your shit together’ and ‘it’s not your fault’. While it was effective at stopping that pull toward darkness but it didn’t solve all of the problems.

But in explaining why their father would never return, he would reveal still worse news. Roux deserved to know everything but Mesec found himself wishing instead that he had kept their shared family a secret - they could have been friends, simple as that and nothing more. He could have carried the burden that was this tragic news on his own. Or, you know, he could have waited. ‘Nice to meet you! Most of our family is dead or gone!’

Nothing good came from being related to the demigod.

But he finished the sentence after all - bracing himself against his own despair and what - he was sure - would come from Roux. “After our sister Aviya died.” He could only hope that this bay brother of his had a better childhood with their sister than Mesec had.

A shaky step toward Roux was taken but Mesec took no more, knowing he’d be unable to comfort his brother through this news. His brother. Their relationship wasn’t off to a very good start. The next words felt hollow but he meant them - too little after the wave of bad news Mesec had already sent. “I am so sorry, Roux.” There was more, making it all the worse, but for now - learning his lesson - Mesec stayed quiet about the fate of Kou. He wanted to shrug off the cloak of the grim reaper and stop giving this newfound brother of his nothing but tragic news.

and that's me, that's me, the boy with the broken halo
that's me, that's me ________________ the devil won't let me be

artwork by the fabulous tamme

@Roux

Messages In This Thread
Give Myself the Creeps - by Roux - 11-21-2015, 05:04 PM
RE: Give Myself the Creeps - by Mesec - 11-22-2015, 09:12 PM
RE: Give Myself the Creeps - by Roux - 12-13-2015, 10:21 AM
RE: Give Myself the Creeps - by Mesec - 12-21-2015, 05:00 PM
RE: Give Myself the Creeps - by Roux - 12-30-2015, 10:00 PM
RE: Give Myself the Creeps - by Mesec - 01-03-2016, 10:34 PM
RE: Give Myself the Creeps - by Roux - 01-10-2016, 11:45 AM