the Rift

[OPEN] nothing satisfies but I'm getting close

Aelin Posts: 67
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 15 :: 2
Frostie

Aelin

On the shores of The Dragon's Throat a single figure stood. Not too long ago the break between the mainland and her homeland had prevented her from exploring the rest of the world. Indeed during her first months of life she'd assumed that the entire world was The Dragon's Throat. In her mind nothing existed beyond the sandy shores, the island was her home and the world. Comprehending that there was an entire world for her to explore? Perhaps at the time it would have overwhelmed her, been far too much for the filly to think about. Now however she'd seen more of the world, meet others who belonged to different herds or to the wilds. There was only one thing Aelin had realised through her travels - she hadn't know anything. There was much to learn and so many souls willing to teach although some methods were cruel or selfish. Some she should keep away from if she wished to remain safe from predators. Still, dangers did not keep her from exploring and learning. Such things where her passion, despite the dangers she would head out and usually the prizes gained during her journeys made such explorations very much worth the risk. While at the end of the day it was nice to know that she would always have a safe haven to return to. 

Despite her young age she enjoyed watching the comings and goings of The Throat, enjoyed watching the herd work to keep each other safe. Perhaps she wished to feel as if she contributed which was why she was currently roaming along their borders. With a few beats of her wings she left her homeland, gliding through the skies with ease and danced along the outer borders of her family's home. Pausing for a moment she smiled, inhaling and exhaling. The sense of freedom, the joy of being able to explore made her chest swell. This was what she lived for. Learning, exploring and enjoying life. The lifestyle of her battle ready family was not suited to the girl's personality or build. The girl was far too trusting, eager to make friends and learn everything she could. Knowing about dangers didn't keep her from stumbling into dangerous situations.

Making her way up the mainland she almost stumbled as a figure appeared in the distance. Thankfully she managed to keep herself upright, looking on inquisitively. A dark unicorn, his strong build was impressive. The sandy princess had watched the older boy approach, a curious expression clearly painted on her face. Was this a unicorn from The Basin? The ones Elsa had seemed against her visiting? This one was at least young, not quite an adult. Perhaps she could hold her own against him. 

Aelin assumed he was a stranger to their sands, the way he stumbled over the ever changing mounds. This action brought amusement to the girl, surely he would not be a danger to her. Besides, she could fly, he could not. It was not the sight of the boy, the warning from Elsa or even the difference in their strength that made her second guess her assessment of the boy. It was his words. Words that asked for her sister. Tucking her wings against her sides, squaring her shoulders the girl slowly approached him. His dual coloured eyes roamed over him, taking in every inch, assessing every hair upon the boy's body. Allowing a fair amount of distance between them, Aelin made her stand. Tilting her head to the side she waited a moment, allowing the boy as assess her should it be his desire. An unimpressed expression painted her delicate features. The boy did not introduce himself or state his purpose with her sister, he did not have a peace offering. Sure, he seemed innocent and there were no blaring alarms when she looked him over. "What do you want with her?" The girl's voice is soft, curious and not all unwelcoming. Straightening up she pushes her lips into a gentle smile, "I didn't catch you name?" Tell me something personal, then I might tell you want you wish to know. 

Underneath the starry skies, 
A single dreamer walks among the dull colours.
Before her there is nothing but dark and dull colours,
Behind her is there is the true colours of dreams.
Every colour imaginable vivid with life. 

@Erebos
I guess jealousy's the curse that the struggle inspires.

☀ Force and magic permitted. ☀
☀ No fatal or permanent damage. ☀
☀ Please only tag in opening posts. ☀

Messages In This Thread
RE: nothing satisfies but I'm getting close - by Aelin - 11-21-2015, 09:48 PM