the Rift

[PRIVATE] until we remember

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

“Crash?” Mesec woke to the voice of Lucius in his mind, waking to find the zephyr perched on his folded wings. But his companion wasn’t looking at him, his head was tilted and those intense silver eyes were watching something in the sky. Following the gaze, Mesec spied Cera diving towards the ground. But even as he turned to watch the golden stallion was pulling out of the dive expertly, kicking at the sand and then soaring to do the same over the water. A smile grew on Mesec’s face, taking no time at all to blossom into laughter as he watched Cera’s antics.

It brought to mind a different setting, under the cover of night this time, when he had danced and chased and played with Ampere through the storm and the sea spray. Lucius did not appreciate the comparison to Ampere, rolling his silver and purple eyes, and looking to change the subject. “You join?” Came that rough voice again that was still both alien and familiar. It seemed all too normal, too natural, for there to just be another consciousness connected to his own. Sometimes it wasn’t a treat - Lucius had first learned to speak by calling his friends some… interesting words. “No, I think Cera’s having fun.” I don’t want to stop it was the unspoken end to that sentence which - when Lucius caught it - earned him a sharp pluck of one of his black feathers. “Ouch! Alright, alright.”

Lucius had been growing tired of Mesec’s self-deprecation and was taking to plucking a feather every time those thoughts started to take over. He'd be a plucked goose before long and he wasn't entirely sure this sort of negative reinforcement was helping. Satisfied, the zephyr stretched his own wings and took off - but intending to move further inland to hunt. The idea of playing did not interest him, he’d rather hunt. But before he circled away he came back to pull at Mesec’s mane - this time with more affection than force, encouraging the warmth and happiness blossoming in the demigod. He’d keep an eye from a distance, curious to see what Mesec was like when he was happy, see if he could leave everything behind for a little while.

He still hesitated though, watching his companion leave before turning to watch Cera some more - the smile faint but still present as he then lowered his head to graze, distracted as he was.

I’m trying to find my direction home, ______________
A question of space, a matter of time, _______
I follow the stars until the first light.

image by jjjj56cp at flickr

@Cera

so poophead here apparently needs some encouragement ;)
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
until we remember - by Cera - 11-22-2015, 03:01 AM
RE: until we remember - by Mesec - 11-26-2015, 10:15 PM
RE: until we remember - by Cera - 12-01-2015, 08:35 PM
RE: until we remember - by Mesec - 12-02-2015, 12:13 PM
RE: until we remember - by Cera - 12-06-2015, 11:24 PM
RE: until we remember - by Mesec - 12-27-2015, 04:56 PM