the Rift

[PRIVATE] i'll cry until my pity party's in flames

Leliel Posts: 55
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 9
ali
leliel.

You feel when her hooves dig into the sand and she begins to support her own weight and you release your hold on her. Your thin neck aches from the effort of heaving the heavy mare back toward shore and the salt water stings the nicks and cuts on your legs that came from her flailing hooves, but you've felt worse. You've been through worse pains than salt in a cut. You barely hear her voice over your heart hammering in your ears and you realize as you stand there on trembling legs that what you did was completely reckless. In your weakened state she could have drowned you, but you're too apathetic about your own existence to care.

Muriel would have wanted you to save the drowning girl.

Muriel. Muriel. Muriel.

Can't you stop thinking about her for even a minute?

"Thank you." She says and you bite your tongue because you almost say to her that Muriel would have wanted you to, like she would care... like she would know who Muriel was and how she had made you better.

Your ears fall back against your head and you snort, salt water sprays on the ground at your blue hooves, not that you can see them anymore. "No problem." You mutter, even though she'd been nothing but a burden as you swam back to the beach.

What was she even doing? Why was she so far out?

You turn your scarred face in the direction the mare's voice had come from and you frown. "You shouldn't be out there if you can't swim." You gripe at the mare that you just rescued. "What were you thinking?" Of course if you weren't blind as a bat you could have seen her plunge from the sky and you would have known that something was wrong. You could have asked her about it, but instead you stand there on trembling legs, griping at a warrior mare who could easily beat you down and kill you right there on the beach.

Whatever. Like it really matters what happens to you in the end.

"."
image credits!

@Zenobia

Messages In This Thread
RE: i'll cry until my pity party's in flames - by Leliel - 11-23-2015, 01:45 PM