the Rift

[OPEN] Dust and Bones

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds
It seemed as though everyone had battles to fight and no armor in which to fight them with. We were all just struggling to survive past torments, every one of us… Whether or not that made us strong or weak was a question that held no obvious answer.

In an elegant show of grace and involuntary beauty, the stallion let his wings unfold until they draped across the sands like a fiery blanket of red and orange. They glinted in the sun as the breeze drifted across the beach, and I stared at them a while content to lose myself to my musings. However, when I’d returned my pale gaze to the man himself, I nearly smiled. The soft skin between his brows had furled in confusion, or perhaps just curiosity, upon seeing me. I knew it was because I’d approached with so much apprehension and distrust, especially for another citizen of the Throat, that it made my presence questionably uncomfortable.

You look weary.

It was not an assumption, but an observation that was entirely true. I nodded in agreement and settled myself alongside him, a momentary truce, before finding the words I’d need to respond to his admissions. “It seems to be an increasing state of existence for everyone these days,” I stated matter-of-factly. It was strange that, without names and without expectations, two strangers could somehow discover truths that were so often overlooked. Perhaps it was simply the anonymity that allowed us such freedoms or just the promise of impending friendships that would later be forgotten. Wasn’t that how it had always worked for me?

With no other reason to hold my head high or to straighten my shoulders, I leaned back into my haunches and relaxed. My tail had been strung up by the wind and errant strands of blackened silk wavered just above the golden sands. I was weary, but not because I’d travelled or because I’d exhausted the bones and the flesh of which I called life. No.  It was because my very soul was tired of fighting all that opposed me. For once it was nice to befriend another unknowing of the past or how I’d come to be so… pathetic.

It’s strange… I’ve been here so many times before, but it looks different to me every time,” I pondered aloud to no in particular. Romul had not yet returned to my side and that was a matter that did not bother me, at least not now. Any awkward tension that had breathed life into my unsettled mind had dissipated as quickly as the tide. “What troubles you then?” I questioned after a healthy pause. Though I knew strangers didn’t often share their qualms, it was a natural reaction… a natural gesture of friendly caring that somehow seemed to steer even the most forlorn of conversations. Besides, I was not one for modesty so much as self-preservation. Whatever the man chose to offer was his own decision, I’d just allowed him an airway in which to vent.
Credits!

@Rift

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Messages In This Thread
Dust and Bones - by Rift - 11-22-2015, 03:58 PM
RE: Dust and Bones - by Essetia - 12-15-2015, 11:22 PM
RE: Dust and Bones - by Rift - 12-17-2015, 05:20 PM
RE: Dust and Bones - by Essetia - 12-18-2015, 10:42 PM
RE: Dust and Bones - by Rift - 12-28-2015, 03:31 PM
RE: Dust and Bones - by Essetia - 12-28-2015, 11:00 PM