Rift Posts: 43
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 5
Eris
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ayk0...t.css?dl=0">

This is something
All or nothing
RIFT

It was as if there was an invisible chain between the pair of strangers, binding them together in a solid and unbreakable sort of camaraderie. Rift watched the amusement spark in her eyes as she moved to stand beside him, her muscles relaxing and the apprehension that had rolled off of her vanishing as quickly as it had appeared. They stood like that for awhile, in a comfortable silence that proved to be a soothing balm to the scarlet stallion's frayed nerves. There was a familiarity between the pair, the anonymity providing a fragile intimacy that threatened to break in an instant should identities be exposed.

Twin souls standing as one in the embrace of the universe.

It was only after the two strangers had taken a few quiet breaths that the thickening silence was parted to reveal the mare's reply. Rift had yet to take his eyes from her, though his expression had long since softened into one of relaxed welcome; the mahogany woman was more friend to him now than many he had met in the weeks prior. Her words caused him to nod in agreement - it was true, the world seemed to have been testing the strength and faith of those upon it with surprising frequency as of late. There had even been a marked exhaustion, a pronounced apathy emanating from the few yearlings that he had met.

Would there ever be a moments rest here in the supposed haven that was Helovia?

Yet again the lullaby voice of his unnamed companion filled the brief silence that had flowed between them, her words soft and spoken to no one in particular. A gentle smile had begun to curl at the stallion's mouth in response to the care with which the two equines were guarding the tentative sanctuary that was blossoming between them. Had he known any better, Rift would have thought that the badger-faced woman and him had stood alongside one another in years past.

"I admit it is my first time here, the ocean is a cruel beauty and reminds me much of my mother..."

He trailed off a bit, eyes glazing over as Blackfire's lovely face filled his mind's eye. Had he truly done what was right? Had he really had no other choice than to leave her broken when she needed him most? If he could melt into the sandy earth, he would, but alas, he was solid and the gravitational pull of this damned sphere could only sink him so much. The sound of a question pulled the winged gent from his musings and it was all he could do to muster a grin as his ruby eyes met hers.

"What doesn't trouble me these days?" It was more of a statement than a question, but as the words poured forth, Rift felt almost relieved. "I have lost every family and every home I have stumbled across. I am starting to believe that I am cursed to ruin everything that I have the audacity to love." He was silent for a few moments thereafter.

"I am afraid to love anything or anyone ever again."

words: ### | tag: @Essetia :* | notes: :') sorry for the long wait
All force toward Rift is permitted, barring permanent injury and death. 
All non-aggressive contact is permitted. 
Please tag Rift in all replies!
xoxo

Messages In This Thread
Dust and Bones - by Rift - 11-22-2015, 03:58 PM
RE: Dust and Bones - by Essetia - 12-15-2015, 11:22 PM
RE: Dust and Bones - by Rift - 12-17-2015, 05:20 PM
RE: Dust and Bones - by Essetia - 12-18-2015, 10:42 PM
RE: Dust and Bones - by Rift - 12-28-2015, 03:31 PM
RE: Dust and Bones - by Essetia - 12-28-2015, 11:00 PM
RE: Dust and Bones - by smitty - 02-19-2016, 02:23 AM
RE: Dust and Bones - by Rift - 02-23-2016, 05:05 PM