the Rift

[PRIVATE] shut up and walk, Cathun!

Cathun Posts: 88
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Tai

They ganged up on him, but it was to Ranjiri he turned, finding it a hundred times easier to answer her than to look the god in the eye. Cathun seemed to swell where he stood, the brightness of the flames that shaped him intensifying until his own shadow was swallowed up by it, not quite bright enough to rival the sun in the sky but pretty darn close.

"It matters" he said, with a voice that snapped and crackled with intensity. "It matters because I don't want to see you waste your life to save a no good loser like me. Even if something can be done to fix this" he made a shrug to indicate himself and then shot a doubtful glance at the Time God, "it's not worth it if you end up in a similar position. I know what it's like to pay for someone else's sins and I don't wish it on anyone else."

He gritted his teeth and sucked in a deep breath with a sound like a bellow breathing life to a smith's furnace, his heated gaze returning again to the god before them with an expression that suggested he was about to make some kind of sacrifice.

"It's not like I want to die" he said grudgingly. "I want to live, of course I do, but not at just any price. There are things worse than dying... You call this a bargain. Say I'd be willing to pay, what kind of deal are we talking about here?"

Not for a second would he actually trust this so called god. To Cathun every immortal was the same, selfish and greedy with no interest in anyone but themselves. Maybe time did that to you, or the weight of all that power did funny things with their brains, he wouldn't know. But since his friend was so insistent... well, he was already done for. He supposed it couldn't hurt to listen. He could always walk away - or more like, drag Ranjiri's ass away before she agreed on something she would end up regretting.

Because one thing was damned straight - he would not let her sacrifice herself for him. He'd sooner jump into the sea and end it then and there.

Cathun
a firebrand in the night

@Mythical Request

» Magic and Violence is permitted at all times
» Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
shut up and walk, Cathun! - by Ranjiri - 11-22-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: shut up and walk, Cathun! - by Cathun - 11-24-2015, 10:46 AM
RE: shut up and walk, Cathun! - by Ranjiri - 11-28-2015, 09:00 PM
RE: shut up and walk, Cathun! - by Cathun - 11-28-2015, 09:42 PM
RE: shut up and walk, Cathun! - by Ranjiri - 12-15-2015, 01:10 PM
RE: shut up and walk, Cathun! - by Cathun - 12-25-2015, 07:00 PM