the Rift

[PRIVATE] shut up and walk, Cathun!

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SPARK

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero

As the mare lashed out at the sooty stallion, the God couldn't help but snort in amusement. Something told the God that telling Cathun to stop being so stupid, would be like telling a fire to stop being so hot. It just wouldn't work - some things were what they were. And if this conversation was an indication, one of the things Cathun was, was stupid. Or at least just dumbfoundingly narrow-minded.

I know what it's like to pay for someone else's sins and I don't wish it on anyone else.

The God rolled his eyes with comic obviousness. "Well aren't you a regular bleeding heart. " He snapped towards Cathun, his patience running quite thin. "Boohoo, you what? Helped someone out one time and it went badly? Did your mommy and daddy not get along? Did you see someone die? Grow a pair. That's life you insignificant bag of vapour, and everyone goes through it. You had a tough fucking life? So did everyone else, and if they haven't already, they will. That's how this merry-go-round goes. So enough with the pity party. No one here is buying it. You're in, or you're out. And if you're out, and you self-combust, on your death bed, I'll be there to remind you that the reason you're burning up from the inside out wasn't to save the girl some trouble. It wasn't to be the hero. It was because your ego really was too big, and your balls and your brain too small."

Licking his teeth the God exhaled a static breath, flicking his tail as if trying to shake off the mounting feeling of frustration brought on by the dark stallion.

Why the fuck did he bother with this shit in the first place?

"No one said bargain. I said trade. Basic economics, with fair compensation. Item #1-"

A glass hourglass appeared in thin air, with a fiery sort of sand in it. Currently all the time had been 'used up', to be indicative of Cathun's broken necklace. "This one is free ... sort of. It requires only a little itty bitty attitude change on your part. You think life is so rough? That you've got it hard? Well. These lands are full of damned horror stories. Go listen to a few and come back. If you can convince me that you've lost the chip on your shoulder, then the necklace is yours. It ... well, it keeps track. For every soul that it holds, you gain the corresponding amount of life. Unless -" And now his deep gaze shifted to Ranjiri with something that looked like a softening of his features. "Unless two things. If this one dies in the next three years, so do you. And if you die in the next three years - whether by your own stupidity, or by not filling the hourglass with souls - she goes too." His gaze snapped back to Cathun. "You said you didn't want to die? Then prove it."

The hourglass suddenly vanished and was replaced with a stone covered in ice.

"Item #2 is a lovely ice and stone number. Long story short, you both take a time out. You get covered in ice, and she gets covered in stone. Marinate for ... oh... three seasons, and then ding, out come out feeling like you aren't going to implode ever again.".

The God shrugged almost apologetically towards Ranjiri. She would play no small part in this, but that couldn't be helped. 

"So what will it be? Door #1? Or Door #2?"

Option 1:

Cathun has to go and find three characters who have 'had it worse' than he has. 'Had it worse' can be interpreted very loosely - basically any story that makes Cathun go, "oh shit. That is bad. I don't feel as bad about my life" or w/e. Then he and Ranjiri come back to the Veins, Cathun says his life isn't so bad, blah blah, and he gets the custom item described. The item is basically a replacement of his current necklace: it's an hourglass with fiery sand in it. Throughout his life, Cathun will have to replenish it. 1 small NPC (bird, squirrel etc) gives him 1/2 season of life. A larger NPC (bear, moose, etc) is a season. Killing a character (with permission of course) is 1 IC year. The catch here, is that Cathun MUST fill it with at least three years worth of life, or he and Ranjiri will die. If Ranjiri dies during the three years, Cathun dies too. If Cathun dies for other reasons during the three years (other than running out of time), Ranjiri dies.

Option 2:

Ranjiri gets covered in stone, and Cathun gets covered in ice for 3 season (so 6 OOC months), and then Cathun is completely healed.

CREDITS: Tamme & Boom

Messages In This Thread
shut up and walk, Cathun! - by Ranjiri - 11-22-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: shut up and walk, Cathun! - by Cathun - 11-24-2015, 10:46 AM
RE: shut up and walk, Cathun! - by Ranjiri - 11-28-2015, 09:00 PM
RE: shut up and walk, Cathun! - by Cathun - 11-28-2015, 09:42 PM
RE: shut up and walk, Cathun! - by Ranjiri - 12-15-2015, 01:10 PM
RE: shut up and walk, Cathun! - by Cathun - 12-25-2015, 07:00 PM
RE: shut up and walk, Cathun! - by Ranjiri - 01-20-2016, 01:49 PM
RE: shut up and walk, Cathun! - by Cathun - 01-20-2016, 02:29 PM
RE: shut up and walk, Cathun! - by God of the Spark - 01-24-2016, 01:23 PM
RE: shut up and walk, Cathun! - by Random Event - 09-19-2016, 11:22 AM