the Rift

[OPEN] playing darts in the dark

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie

I had not been privileged to have many friends in my youth. Sure, I had met Arya... But it had been on her death bed (in which she had miraculously recovered from). And Alderic, I had met studying the sentinels. But that had been short lived. There where a few more, black faces mixed into the many, but none really stood out.

In reality, I had been a fairly lonely child. Most of the foals in the basin where older than I anyways, and no one wanted to deal with the youngest. No, my childhood had been full of dreams of my father coming to whisk me away, and days observing plants, and humming to myself. Of daydreams, and adventures. And sometimes I had indeed longed for the companionship of fellow foals, but rarely was that longing answered.

Naturally, my father never came to whisk me away, and my daydreams came to nothing. While I had learned valuable lessons in my adventures, I had also been lonely. But, I suppose it shaped me to be who I am now. Independent, and strong willed. Immune to the woes that seemed to usually plague my female counter parts. I was not weak, and whining. I was strong, carved from blood and ice. The daughter of the frozen king himself. The daughter of success and war, on both sides.

And yet, I found myself with no friends but my self. I had my father, I had my mother. But I was otherwise alone in the world. But I did not cry, no. For I was nearly full grown. I could handle it by myself right?

But could I?

These thoughts led me to places unknown, for now I found myself in a gorgeous glowing paradise. Amidst that was a figure. Dark to the light that surrounded, and he gazed into a puddle. What for, I might ask. Maybe I could introduce myself? Know someone other than my thoughts. So I trudge closer, the daughter of the frosthearts head held high.

But don't I know you? One of the black faces muddled with the others?

"You look awfully lonely, sir."

"talk talk talk talk "

I HAD A HEART THEN
but the queen has been overthrown

full image

Messages In This Thread
playing darts in the dark - by Erebos - 11-22-2015, 07:08 PM
RE: playing darts in the dark - by Glacia - 11-24-2015, 11:05 PM
RE: playing darts in the dark - by Erebos - 11-26-2015, 02:59 PM
RE: playing darts in the dark - by Glacia - 12-02-2015, 02:43 PM
RE: playing darts in the dark - by Erebos - 12-13-2015, 06:40 AM