the Rift

I could live without heaven [Joining]

Tytus Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I could live without hell

Thick hooves struck the frozen ground as he made his own trail to who knows where. He was alone, a single creature in a land he didn't know. With a sigh, the stag pushed forth through a new wind, thoughts pouring through his head. I've always been worthy. Nobody will tell me different. Not even the maniac I tried to call my father! Overcome with frustration, the grullo tossed his head, moving into a lope. He spread his large black wings, carrying him swiftly. He closed dipped his head, ears pricked in anticipation on the arrival of another soul. His muscles hadn't alerted him when Tytus was no longer on the ground, although instinctively, his wings had continued to flap, and he stayed off the ground, more-so in the tree tops.

Tytus cooled himself within a half and hour, and soon looked down to see that another soul had passed upon him. "What do you want?" He shouted boldy, his voice adequately loud for the approacher to hear.

But I couldn't live without you, baby

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

PALADIN
info or quote

Paladin saw the familiar sight of a pegasus looming in the skies, and he furrowed his brows. He remembered a time when he would have let out a deep battle cry, calling the winged down to face him in battle - purely for sport. Now, he knew how harsh, cold and cruel that life had been. There was no point in all of this fighting. Most days he wanted to close his crimson eyes and lay down in the soft grass next to Soleil. The warmth of the golden light would grace their figures and their soft breath would mingle quietly.

Crimson eyes opened to the brutality of winter. Snow clung to his charcoal coat, and he let out a heavy sigh, approaching the place where the winged one descended. All of his battle tactics now ran in the background as an automated system, controlling him when he was unaware. Subtle tips of his ears would alert him to sound, the shift of the wind would give a scent. As he approached, the voice that called from above the snow was bold and childish. Paladin frowned, crimson eyes narrowing.

The muscles under his fur slid taut, and he lifted his neck proudly, arching the well developed sinews of his mortal form to be as looming as possible. "I lead the Foothills," he replied in a deep, rich voice that held no room for argument ."I am Paladin the Valiant, and unless you seek asylum here, you are trespassing." Adrenalin moved through his system, and he hated the fact that he wanted to taste blood again.

Tytus Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
"It all depends, Paladin." Tytus said as he landed, feet from the stag. "I'd say I wasn't trespassing, although I am unsure of the meaning of 'asylum...' so, should I say that I'm a trespasser, or would you choose to be 'gentleman,' and tell me what it means?" He chuckled, black mane, tangled from wind and lack of care, shook with the movement of his neck. "So, leader, huh? Well, does this leader need a soldier to do his dirty work?" Tytus had set his eyes upon battle. No longer a colt, Tytus wanted to move a way from play. He wanted to do something useful.

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
The battle had left bruises on the male that were beginning to heal. The limp he had possessed from the impact of Monster to his hip was no longer visible. He strode proudly and powerfully in the winter, patrolling the perimeters of his home. He was dedicated to the protection of the Foothills, driven by his carnal desire to duty. Archibald was a faithful member of the herd and he felt now more than ever a strong meaning to be here. Mandrake was growing older and her restless soul was growing weary. Through this Archibald knew that his family would stay in the Foothills and since this realization Archibald had been commanded by his mother to dedicate his abilities to his herd just as he had to her.

Archibald was now given the chance to act on this. In the snow it was easy to see the figures ahead of him. Paladin, his leader, stood before a pegasus. Archibald pressed forward with intent, feeling something inside himself that this meeting may not be going as Paladin wished all meetings with unclaimed horses would turn out. The words of the newcomer hit his ears as he took a spot juxtaposed to Paladin. This grullo stallion before him left a bad taste in his mouth and his golden eyes hardened as he watched him. Archibald tilted his head towards Paladin as he spoke. Do not say something stupid Archibald thought as he shifted his weight gently and looked back to the winged one. Archibald puffed his chest out as the newcomer spoke. Paladin was kind but firm in his words and the male before him was an arrogant child that needed to be put in his place.

Taking one step forward the giant challenged the pegasus silently to watch his words. An intimidating sight, really, Archibald was. A tower of a horse at almost nineteen hands he looked down on most around him. He practically dwarfed the winged horse before him with his height and muscle mass. Archibald used his strength carefully, and he would not fight with this male unless called to. Archibald believed in the equality of the Foothills, but he would not stand stagnant to frontal disrespect of his leader. "Asylum, in this instance, can be implied however you so desire. Our herd does not dabble in what you may perceive your skills rest." With each word Archibald commanded respect, his golden eyes dark as he looked down on the peg, "Our warriors serve to protect this herd, not to cause meaningless battle." Archibald swished his tail behind him in a manner that could be construed as slight annoyance. "If you so desire meaningless bloodshed or a leader that condones such behavior, I do not recommend our ranks."

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

PALADIN
info or quote

Paladin listened to the stranger's insolent words and narrowed his crimson gaze, the muscles beneath his flesh rippling in the instinctual urge to attack this foreigner. However, he remained rooted to the spot, a still statute of a raging sea. The anger he felt would have tainted his words, but his friend, Archibald approached then. With heavy, purposeful steps, the draft moved to where they stood and spoke words that Paladin did not have the patience nor temper to say without barking. Truly, Archibald was a king among warriors; tall, muscular, fit and capable. Paladin was proud to have him on his side.

"As Archibald said, the Foothills is offering Asylum for the winter," the black and crimson stallion finally said, ears tilted back in general irritation. White breath came off of his words in clouds. "I have no dirty work that needs to be done. The Foothills remains a relatively peaceful place. However, warriors are always encouraged to protect the borders, but they must obey the diplomats so they dont go fucking up alliances up with brute mass." Paladin nearly spat the words. Winter was not his favorite time of year. It always made him cranky. "If you wish to stay, you need to tone down the arrogance and rearrange your attitude. Also, you need to spar with myself or one of my warriors."