the Rift

[PRIVATE] Upon These Wings I Shall Fail

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Nature's great masterpiece : an elephant ; the only harmless great thing.
Dark blue eyes widen slightly as she reveals her own assortment of ‘amulets’ (as she had called them), woven beneath her long mane. His eyes then fall down to the one he had dropped in the grass at his hooves— it was so bright compared to hers. Something to think about for another day.

He riveted his attention back to her as she advised him to retain the amulet, “Indeed I will. Thank you for the knowledge, Rhea.” He studied her face as the low words rumbled from his chest. The mare could have lied and simply kept the amulet for herself (something he would expect from other Basin members). But she was straightforward with him. He appreciated that more than she could know.

He glanced once towards the amulet, wondering how he would carry it with him. He lacked the silken, flowing locks of Rhea. And he didn’t trust it to stay in his tail… The glass chain around his neck, though not meant to be sturdy for the gifted claw, would do… But how would he affix it—

His thoughts were cut short at the sudden deluge of history that the silver-plated mare poured out. It was like a dam had been breached— as if she hadn’t shared this with anyone in a long time and suddenly, relieved, it washed over the Elephant’s cream ears. There was much in her story: racism, adultery, betrayal. His eyes darkened in sadness for the hybrid, though a perplexed thought crossed through the swath of darkness.

“In your past you were a victim of racism— yet now you reside in the Basin?” His head tilted ever so slightly to the side. He was not accusing her, just merely trying to understand this infamous draw the Aurora Basin had for its herd members. Was there something in the water?

He shifted his heavy weight on ivory hooves, uncertain of his next question, “And, if you don’t mind, would you fix this amulet,” his hoof gently tapped the sun drop, “to the chain at my neck?” The large head dipped slightly has his muzzle motioned towards the glass chain that held the lion’s claw at his broad chest.
Tembovu
Credits

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
Upon These Wings I Shall Fail - by Rhea - 11-22-2015, 08:34 PM
RE: Upon These Wings I Shall Fail - by Tembovu - 11-22-2015, 09:43 PM
RE: Upon These Wings I Shall Fail - by Rhea - 11-22-2015, 10:17 PM
RE: Upon These Wings I Shall Fail - by Tembovu - 11-24-2015, 10:51 PM
RE: Upon These Wings I Shall Fail - by Rhea - 11-24-2015, 11:58 PM
RE: Upon These Wings I Shall Fail - by Tembovu - 12-03-2015, 12:03 AM
RE: Upon These Wings I Shall Fail - by Rhea - 12-09-2015, 11:03 PM
RE: Upon These Wings I Shall Fail - by Tembovu - 12-13-2015, 08:42 PM